Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite retro-videogame soundtracks

Options
  • 06-05-2011 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭

Have been playing F-Zero on the SNES lately and the Big Blue soundtrack is lodged into my mental jukebox. It's the perfect accompaniment to rapidly strobing garish colors and swerving around near-180 degree corners at 500kmph as you try to desperately recoup a lead on your last lap after getting shunted about like a pinball by your opponents. It also has a rather amazing and hair-raising synth solo about half way through :cool:

Anyways, it got me thinking, what are the favourite videogame soundtracks of the knowledgeable arcade and retro forum folks? Any soundtracks that you often find yourself humming along to long after you switch off the console?

[Not sure if there's been a thread on this recently, did a quick search and nothing turned up so apologies if I've missed the obvious!]

Comments

Advertisement