Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranormal Investigations

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

Sadly there are some people who are not a wet day in the field and posing as a pro ..PRO there is no such thing in the field just let it ride out and you will see these Spanners fade out i hope :rolleyes:

They couldnt catch a cold never mind the devil :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Tom Sull

Riamfada wrote: »
    You would not believe the ammount of mental cases I have met that say exactly that then claim to be touched by, seen or spoken to ghosts and are found out to be big crazy fakes.

It used to be that other groups would keep eachother in check. If I was going around telling people that I have caught the devil and that I have recorded 50 hours of EVP people like maccored, dannyXXL ect would know who I was and what I was claiming and visa versa. Now there are so many mental cases in "paranormal investigation" doing their own thing without any sort of regulation the entire thing has fallen apart.

G

I agree to some extent with what your saying im with a paranormal group myself i'd like to point out that i myself am a warehouse manager another one of the group is a prison officer and another works as a nurse judging by the careers these people hold does much to validate that we are of sound mind, we don't use physics and even more absurd is this table tipping nonsense , we don't count personal experiences as proof we rely on solid evidence, photos (oh ya ORBS ARE DUST get over it people), video and audio are what we use and are the only method u can trust. our group was founded in 2009 and to be honest with you i never once saw a ghost/shadow figure/spirit what ever you want to call it or had any experiences what so ever for the first 6months , however there is one location out of all the locations i have been to that i can say honestly and truthfully is active its the only place out of all the investigations i have been on that actually proved to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is something to paranormal investigating and that is Leap castle Co Offaly. thats the only place in ireland i have been to so far that has legitimate activity

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Hi Tom, sound reply. My point is that you have been going since 2009 but I probably don't know your group or your name. Yu seem responsible but how many groups are out there who are not on boards who will claim to capture EVP all of the time or have mediums swear contact with the dead.

No regulation is dangerous but now because any idiot can set up a Facebook account all you need is 5 minutes and a catchy name to be a professional paranormal investigator medium or have used a Sony Walkman with. Rcord button to be an EVP spectroanalyist or have a flashy DSLR to be a professional paranormal photographers.

IMO paranormal investigation is dead, the paranormal community is all but over.Especially since we all know, but won't talk about, the sex scandals. Ghostgate.

Also having done Leap a few times I wouldn't go back. In my opinion it is the epitome of Money grabbing, famous because it's on TV, least haunted fad I have ever had the misfortune of being parted from my hard earned cash to investigate.

Sorry about the terrible English, stupid iPad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Tom Sull wrote: »
    they may be different but a paranormal investigator and a real ghost hunter will both take a view of investigating scientifically and try to debunk the claims with logic and reason and both will try and help the person in any way they can although most ghost hunters are in it for the adventure where as the P.I is in it for the research and to help, as for the kII they are not a magic wand but they can be used along with the other equipment in your arsenal to detect power lines and dodgey wiring so they are usefull in finding things that may be affecting a certain area and help in debunking claims

I disagree - a ghost hunter is interested in the ****s and giggles of being scared in a 'haunted' place (the older the better and if someone died within half a mile of it all the better!). If they have any interest in research then I'd class them as a paranormal researcher.

Theres a time and place for both but in Ireland Im finding many ghost hunters class themselves as investigators - which I dont mind as long as they stay out of my way.

The KII is a bit of a commercial sales tool. Its not really great for investigations as seriously, if you look at it the wrong way it goes off.

by the by - Im not saying your group are ghost hunters pretending to be researchers etc etc - Im just talking in general about paranormal groups in ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭colcar

hi, i am just wondering if there are any paranormal groups going on an investigation in mid to late november?? if so do ye allow people to join up with ye or come along to the hunt. i dont really know much about this as its my girlfriend who is more interested in it. i know she would love to participate in one of these hunts/investigations. its her birthday at end of november so i was planning to go away for the wknd but i know how much she would love to do this so i figure a weekend away and a ghost together would be a good idea. anyone who knows of anything going on around then i would greatly appreciate any information.. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Is anyone out there doing this anymore? A few years ago there were a few active teams but it would seem that everyone I know who was involved has given up. This forum is quiet, no one is trying to get on TV or radio and all the excitement is gone. What going on? Is there paranormal scene finished?

Has the recession killed off people paying 70 quid to go ghost hunting?

As a skeptic, I'd gladly go ghost hunting!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭friendlylady

Has anyone here actually done the Hellfire Club on an all nighter i mean literally camped inside the building itself? I would love to do this as i live quite near.

My Da used to live at the bottom of the Hell Fire hill and they used to run up it all the time (he had 6 brothers) , even during the night, they'd hide in the chimney and frighten the sh88te out of people who came up to have a look. They thought it was great craic, though that was many decades ago. I asked him was he every frightened and he said n'er a bit.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Has anyone here actually done the Hellfire Club on an all nighter i mean literally camped inside the building itself? I would love to do this as i live quite near.

My Da used to live at the bottom of the Hell Fire hill and they used to run up it all the time (he had 6 brothers) , even during the night, they'd hide in the chimney and frighten the sh88te out of people who came up to have a look. They thought it was great craic, though that was many decades ago. I asked him was he every frightened and he said n'er a bit.
    :D

There's been more talk lately on this forum for a night time ghost walk up
    The Hell Fire Club but it just doesn't seem to be happening at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 edenderry voice of paranormal

we are still going and have a great investigation this month coming. its one of the most haunted locations if not the biggest one anyone can do. dont think i have ever been more excited about a location. again we have to rent it out but to be honest, we couldn't turn a chance down like this. if you are ever interested in coming just let me know.

• Advertisement

we are still going and have a great investigation this month coming. its one of the most haunted locations if not the biggest one anyone can do. dont think i have ever been more excited about a location. again we have to rent it out but to be honest, we couldn't turn a chance down like this. if you are ever interested in coming just let me know.

You are renting the hell fire club?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Man With No Name

Are you actually going to have an investigation this month. If you are I would be very interested in that

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Logan

My team are keeping themselves to themselves, I'm seeing alot of new teams popping up and old saying their getting tv deals and producers from the states popping over and all that ****, like why would an American producer come over looking for teams here, lol.

But I've also seen teams fade into the background and a few given up because it seems that all teams want is attention, alot of times people believe their gone, when they've reached a point and understand they don't have to post everything. My team does alot in the background, and I myself, work on cases, but we just don't post it anymore.

With so much drama going on in the paranormal world, it's easy to understand why people just don't post anything anymore.

O and the whole thing of charging to get in everywhere is just so wrong, but you know new teams will pay, my team have, because your new you want to get out investigating cool places. But that soon dies down and you find yourself working on real cases without having to pay out the ear to get into. And we have dealt with our fair share of the crazies, lol.

Logan wrote: »

But I've also seen teams fade into the background and a few given up because it seems that all teams want is attention

in all fairness teams popping up everywhere and claiming they were established paranormal investigators ruined it for us who had been involved in the community for years. Then what we had happening were some members of teams badmouthing and in some cases pretending to be members of other teams in order to con their way into locations (this happened to us)

All this and widespread fakery killed any fun and community in the paranormal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

There was a lot of drama going on there for a while in the paranormal scene.
    I think a lot of people and teams just got sick of it and dropped off the radar a bit, or at least dropped off the boards.ie radar if you know what I mean.

We're still doing our thing in Supernatural Ireland, but we are losing 2 members of the team soon as they've found a better life for themselves in New Zealand(best of luck to them, I'm jealous :) ).

Not sure if we'll replace them or not as most people who contact us(and I'm sure every other team with a website out there) looking to join or go on an investigation seem to be looking for an adventure etc.
    Which just isn't the case at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

Then what we had happening were some members of teams badmouthing and in some cases pretending to be members of other teams in order to con their way into locations (this happened to us)

Completely agree with this statement..

We had a member of another paranormal team claim to be us, book a location in June, which we obviously knew nothing about, in what I can only see was an attempt to ruin our name as we wouldn't have shown up.. didn't work.

In April, the day I was in hospital having my gall bladder removed, I was accused of hacking another teams website and removing information. ( The morphine I was on must have been good for me not to remember that :rolleyes: ) if your going to lie, at least make it a day I wasn't having an organ removed.

There is so much drama lately, we have no interest in it, we do investigations maybe 2 a month, be it a public location, or a private home. We post up on facebook or www.killarneyparanormalsociety.com ( currently down for maintenance ) but other then that we don't have any interest in shouting about it on TV, or trying to get a TV Deal, or needing to be in papers every other week. This whole egotistical thing to 'be the best' is getting tiring now.

Yes, we are in a newspaper ( a very odd time ) but that's when we get approached, we don't go looking for it.

Anyway, rant over. KPS keep ourselves to ourselves and that won't be changing.

i have said, and have always said that the drama was bull**** anyway. plus i've never been a big fan of going on investigations for the sake of going on investigations. We spend quite a bit of time doing research into natural reasons which cause people to believe they are having paranormal experiences. researching is just as important (i think anyway) as 'investigating'. I just wish I had the money to invest in some infrasonic mics.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Paramad

Is anyone out there doing this anymore? A few years ago there were a few active teams but it would seem that everyone I know who was involved has given up. This forum is quiet, no one is trying to get on TV or radio and all the excitement is gone. What going on? Is there paranormal scene finished?

Has the recession killed off people paying 70 quid to go ghost hunting?

Well from what I heard from other people who used to be quite active in the paranormal world . The so called peers as they called them were too interested in throwing their weight around , putting people down , and making fun of people, almost to the point of bullying . So because of that these people no longer frequent this forum and prefer to remain as you say anonymous .

Paramad wrote: »
    Well from what I heard from other people who used to be quite active in the paranormal world . The so called peers as they called them were too interested in throwing their weight around , putting people down , and making fun of people, almost to the point of bullying . So because of that these people no longer frequent this forum and prefer to remain as you say anonymous .

who were these 'peers'?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

What has any of that peer pressure got to do with this forum, that said people need to avoid it?

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »
    What has any of that peer pressure got to do with this forum, that said people need to avoid it?

Not Peer Pressure. Peers , as in the people who though they were the experts and liked to look down on other people

Not Peer Pressure. Peers , as in the people who though they were the experts and liked to look down on other people

I think that completely depends on who is viewing the 'peers' as experts. Sometimes people dont like being told their 'spirit orb' is nothing more than reflection. In this game you have to be able to see things from both sides.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I know what you meant. Who are these people and what has any of it got to do with this forum?

I dunno , just going on what i've been told . As regards to what it has to do with the forum, I was simply offering up a suggestion as the thread was discussing where have all the old regulars from the forum gone to :)

Advertisement