Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranormal Investigations

Options
  • 05-05-2011 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Is anyone out there doing this anymore? A few years ago there were a few active teams but it would seem that everyone I know who was involved has given up. This forum is quiet, no one is trying to get on TV or radio and all the excitement is gone. What going on? Is there paranormal scene finished?

Has the recession killed off people paying 70 quid to go ghost hunting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

Riamfada wrote: »
    Is anyone out there doing this anymore? A few years ago there were a few active teams but it would seem that everyone I know who was involved has given up. This forum is quiet, no one is trying to get on TV or radio and all the excitement is gone. What going on? Is there paranormal scene finished?

i hope not all have given up:confused:

i don't think its the recession but it might be the sun:) as to why its quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

We're still doing paranormal investigations - but i hope the whole 'pay money to see a ghosty' ghosthunting ripoffs have stopped.

There is also so many places to go in Ireland and not see a ghost :-)

There are so many teams out there now also, and unfortunately there is alot of shananagans going on in these teams. The new wave of teams seem to find a ghost on every investigation !! And i mean every investigation!! Not only that but they are spending a fortune on equipment that they see being used on TV which is only on TV because it looks cool.

With regards the Pigs, we have not given up and we meet and talk to each other on a regular basis. We have also been doing our individual things in the background . But your right about the promotion that has essentially toned down. Good thing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Before Urizen gets his word in!

Again we're still about doing our thing. Things did quiet down though due to everyone being so busy!

and if theres anyone who wants to work with us, just drop myself or Urizen a PM here.

Garseys aka Gary DCU Paranormal Society.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

Killarney Paranormal Society are still going and working quite a bit, but we just have no great interest in broadcasting it to the world, nothing we do is by any means kept private ( apart from private homes ) but we are just working away doing what we're doing.

There are still alot of teams going in Ireland, their just keeping themselves to themselves.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Shocked and appalled Gary. Don't make me haunt you :P

I'd still love to hold an investigation in a (presumably) UNhaunted house, tell the people coming along it's haunted, and see what they come up with. I've heard of it being done, but I'd still love to see it first hand.

Slightly off topic, but it'd still be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Urizen wrote: »
    Shocked and appalled Gary. Don't make me haunt you :P

I'd still love to hold an investigation in a (presumably) UNhaunted house, tell the people coming along it's haunted, and see what they come up with. I've heard of it being done, but I'd still love to see it first hand.

Slightly off topic, but it'd still be awesome.

On a simular note,I took a load of people to a "haunted" house which has been investigated loads of times but didnt tell the group anything about the background. Got some interesting stories back. Never told them it was supposed to be haunted even after the weekend.

With regards the Pigs, we have not given up and we meet and talk to each other on a regular basis. We have also been doing our individual things in the background . But your right about the promotion that has essentially toned down. Good thing too.

ah thats kinda over :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Still a lot of stuff going on in that front tbh. Still a few paranormal TV shows on TV. I think the ending of MH is how some might come to that conclusion. Still got plenty of ghost hunting events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Garseys wrote: »
    Before Urizen gets his word in!

Again we're still about doing our thing. Things did quiet down though due to everyone being so busy!

and if theres anyone who wants to work with us, just drop myself or Urizen a PM here.

Garseys aka Gary DCU Paranormal Society.
    Didnt even know there was a paranormal society in DCU, will have to join that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

Still going strong i think the slow down of some teams is because there are tones of new teams out there break aways etc but i say now what i said 5 years ago who will be left this time next year :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Didnt even know there was a paranormal society in DCU, will have to join that!

Well we were sort of hidden on Clubs and Socs day but I'm suprised you didn't see our posters or anything about:confused:

Garseys wrote: »
    Well we were sort of hidden on Clubs and Socs day but I'm suprised you didn't see our posters or anything about:confused:

We're not exactly subtle, to be fair. We had a ghost running around, if I recall.

It's unfortunate that the only real 'investigations' we've done on campus were 'the time we went into CG86 cos it was spooky and 6th was there' and 'the time we tested the walkie talkies'. We really have to step up our game on the home turf, there's enough lore to get it going proper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Not given up, just a break but I realised that there is most likely no such thing as ghosts in the context that people believe them to exist but rather there are more explainable ways to sum up the whole ghost thing and that there may be many ways to induce a ghost 'sighting' with the right conditions of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

We're still doing our thing in Supernatural Ireland.

We never really talk/talked about a lot of the stuff we do here on the forums or anywhere else. We've also turned down offers of interest from production companies recently (some of these companies don't stand up to a background check, so something to look out for) as we didn't like the sound of what they had in mind. TV/Radio does not always equal fame and fortune and can create a negative image of your team or team members if presented in the wrong way.

I don't have a problem with other teams going on TV or Radio but it just isn't our cup of tea, until the right thing comes along that is :D

I'm not sure about the other teams here but I have noticed a huge increase in the amount of people contacting us looking for us to go to their home or looking to come along on investigations in the past 5 to 6 months.

Unfortunately most of the people who want to come along are expecting something exciting and adventurous like "Most Haunted" instead of 12/24 hours sitting in the cold and dark recording data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭HappyTuesday

Hopefully it's a sign of people realizing that it's a load of shyte, and a waste of time. I'd say the ghost hunts would be good craic, but come on, it's a bit ridiculous once you get past the age of 16.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

PedoPriest please read the charter and understand the rules here before posting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

There are still many such investigations going on around the corner, but considering the economic situation currently there is less participation in such things than the past trend. But I feel people will again start enjoying their weekends in such activities with more fervor. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I'd love to go out on an investigation if anybody wants me..... (not interested in film crews/radio crews etc.,) mainly interested in the "anticipation" feelings if you catch my drift.

meryem wrote: »
    There are still many such investigations going on around the corner, but considering the economic situation currently there is less participation in such things than the past trend. But I feel people will again start enjoying their weekends in such activities with more fervor. :)

It can't be fully a recession thing. There are loads of places that don't cost anything more than travel and snacks. Hellfire Club, for instance. While I think it's been done to death (boom boom), it's grand for beginners if they don't mind a bit of a hike.

But I know what you mean. All the good places cost moolah. Probably doesn't affect DCUPS as much because we're all penniless students anyway :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

Has anyone here actually done the Hellfire Club on an all nighter i mean literally camped inside the building itself? I would love to do this as i live quite near.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Tom Sull

Ghost hunting is still happening all over the country im with a paranormal group myself based in cork, theres 3 that i know of in cork and i'm pretty sure theres atleast one group in every town in ireland

Tom Sull wrote: »
    Ghost hunting is still happening all over the country im with a paranormal group myself based in cork, theres 3 that i know of in cork and i'm pretty sure theres atleast one group in every town in ireland

can i post a link to our website on here or is that spamming??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

We certainly don't have a shortage of groups in Ireland alright :D

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

can i post a link to our website on here or is that spamming??
    I dont mind one link. But if you only post here to promote your site, that would be spamming. :)

Oryx wrote: »
    I dont mind one link. But if you only post here to promote your site, that would be spamming. :)

I have been on tons of investigations in ireland and to be honest i never believed in any of that c**P but there was one place i went to and thats when my views changed
    I saw a shadow figure appear in front of me at first i taught it was my eyes playing tricks on me , so after i blinked a billion times and still this black thing was there and it started to get bigger and bigger untill it was the size of a person, i jumped back on the stairs and as i did, this black mass seemed as tho it moved back aswell anyway long story short that freaked me out, i had my kII meter with me it was going crazy, my sister was with me at the time she went into another room where a mass grave was discovered and as she tried to leave something grabbed her and tried to pull her back into the room, she was visabley shaken after and kept asking am i bleeding are my clothes torn, of course her clothes were fine ,, then we lifted her jacket up at the back and you could see the bruises and scratches starting to swell and bleed

Ruth KPS wrote: »
    Killarney Paranormal Society are still going and working quite a bit, but we just have no great interest in broadcasting it to the world, nothing we do is by any means kept private ( apart from private homes ) but we are just working away doing what we're doing.

There are still alot of teams going in Ireland, their just keeping themselves to themselves.

:D
    i've seen some of your videos, in my opinion and this is only my personal opinion i don't beleve that table tipping, if you group arent touching the table and it moves thats evidence but if theres twenty people with there hands on the table and it starts shaking thats not paranormal and to suggest it to be paranormal is crazy, if i keep my hand raised above a table with the tips of my fingers touching it for more then 10mins my nerve endings are gonna start twitching then multiply that by twenty more people and youre gonna get a 5.0 on the richter scale, kII meters, photo evidence, voice recorders and videos are the only legitimate source of evidence,table tipping is not proof,its nothing more then than too many cooks
    i am not suggesting your trying to trick people or anything silly like that just interested on your views on the subject

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i would make the point that 'paranormal investigating' and 'ghost hunting' are two completely different things. Plus, KIIs may as well sense farts they go off so much.

maccored wrote: »
    i would make the point that 'paranormal investigating' and 'ghost hunting' are two completely different things. Plus, KIIs may as well sense farts they go off so much.
    they may be different but a paranormal investigator and a real ghost hunter will both take a view of investigating scientifically and try to debunk the claims with logic and reason and both will try and help the person in any way they can although most ghost hunters are in it for the adventure where as the P.I is in it for the research and to help, as for the kII they are not a magic wand but they can be used along with the other equipment in your arsenal to detect power lines and dodgey wiring so they are usefull in finding things that may be affecting a certain area and help in debunking claims

• Advertisement

they may be different but a paranormal investigator and a real ghost hunter will both take a view of investigating scientifically and try to debunk the claims with logic and reason and both will try and help the person in any way they can although most ghost hunters are in it for the adventure where as the P.I is in it for the research and to help, as for the kII they are not a magic wand but they can be used along with the other equipment in your arsenal to detect power lines and dodgey wiring so they are usefull in finding things that may be affecting a certain area and help in debunking claims

You would not believe the ammount of mental cases I have met that say exactly that then claim to be touched by, seen or spoken to ghosts and are found out to be big crazy fakes.

It used to be that other groups would keep eachother in check. If I was going around telling people that I have caught the devil and that I have recorded 50 hours of EVP people like maccored, dannyXXL ect would know who I was and what I was claiming and visa versa. Now there are so many mental cases in "paranormal investigation" doing their own thing without any sort of regulation the entire thing has fallen apart.

G

Advertisement