Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom 24MB NGB Price Reduction?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

brophs wrote: »
    Sorry to annoy you with questions but I had a scout around and couldn't see this announced anywhere. We have 8mb NGB (in Carlow) and I don't think we've gotten a letter to that effect. Am I right in saying we'll now have a much higher download allowance, or is it only to customers who they contact?

Ta.

Found this earlier.

http://support.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=63&E=0000000000289074988&K=7528&Sxi=2

[HTML]If your exchange has been upgraded to a Next Generation network, you will be migrated to the following products

•Home Starter (1Mb) is now Next Generation Broadband Basic
    •Eligible Home Plus customers will be moved to NGB Regular with an unlimited usage allowance at no extra cost
    •Eligible Home Advanced customers will now be 24Mb Next Generation Ultimate customers at no extra cost. Customers who do not qualify for 24Mb will be migrated to 8Mb NGB Regular with an Unlimited Usage Allowance at a reduced price.
    •Business Lite (1Mb) is now Business Lite Next Generation
    •Business Lite Plus (3Mb) is now Business Lite Plus Next Generation[/HTML]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Bruno2010

Sorry to annoy you with questions but I had a scout around and couldn't see this announced anywhere. We have 8mb NGB (in Carlow) and I don't think we've gotten a letter to that effect. Am I right in saying we'll now have a much higher download allowance, or is it only to customers who they contact?

Ta.

Hi Brophs,

All NGB Regular customers now have an unlimited usage allowance (FUP etc)

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭BOZG

I got a letter off them during the week as well, currently on the 8MB NGB Advanced. Told me that they're increasing my speed to 15MB in Swords Village.

The only time frame they give you is over the next few weeks so how exactly are you supposed to know when it's ready other than restarting your modem every few hours or days!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭versager

BOZG wrote: »
    I got a letter off them during the week as well, currently on the 8MB NGB Advanced. Told me that they're increasing my speed to 15MB in Swords Village.

The only time frame they give you is over the next few weeks so how exactly are you supposed to know when it's ready other than restarting your modem every few hours or days!

I totally agree with you, man...the next few weeks is an urcertain time frame, that's for sure:(
    Anyway, this is what I got (similar to yours, if not the same, I guess):

As a valued eircom customer we want to reward your loyalty, by giving you a FREE upgrade up to our Ultimate next generation Broadband (up to 24Mb) product - at no extra cost and with no new contract.

With your speed upgrade you can expect speeds of up to 15Mb and you will continue to get all the benefits of being an eircom NGB customer.

Your line will be upgraded over the next few weeks. You may have to restart your modem to enable you new higher broadband speed. Some customers may also require a new modem to achieve the maximum speed their line can achieve. If you are one of these customers we will send you out a new modem for free - this will happen automatically and no action is required on your behalf.

Please also note the name change of the broadband service you are on from NGB Advanced to NGB Ultimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

just remember gents that if for example they are telling you that you may get 15mb download speed, that is what you will sync at

in reality it would be an actual download speed of 13 to 13.5mb

still a grand free upgrade i suppose ! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

BArra wrote: »
    just remember gents that if for example they are telling you that you may get 15mb download speed, that is what you will sync at

in reality it would be an actual download speed of 13 to 13.5mb

still a grand free upgrade i suppose ! ;)

My letter said I'll be put onto the 24mb,then further down says I can expect speeds of upto 9mb,what's all that about??
    I was also told by one of their technicians that was out to the house the line was only capable of 8mb,does that sound right with these stats

Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 6144/512
    SN Margin (dB) 18.20/26.00
    Line Attenuation (dB) 34.00/18.00
    CRC Errors 26 0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Bruno2010

BOZG wrote: »

This will happen in the same way as the previous NGB upgrades. Speed increases will be automatic and the vast majority will not require a modem restart. In a very small amount of cases this will be required however. The main reason for a modem restart is to ensure webstats and/or the eircom Broadband Usage Meter is updated (to allow you track your usage only)

If I don't get much of a speed increase I think I'll wait for the expiry of my contract and downgrade to 8mb for a cheaper price. Basically get what I have now for cheaper....is my plan flawed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

cambo2008 wrote: »
    My letter said I'll be put onto the 24mb,then further down says I can expect speeds of upto 9mb,what's all that about??
    I was also told by one of their technicians that was out to the house the line was only capable of 8mb,does that sound right with these stats

Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 6144/512
    SN Margin (dB) 18.20/26.00
    Line Attenuation (dB) 34.00/18.00
    CRC Errors 26 0

you would be around 2.5km from your local exchange? your stats suggest you may sync at 12mb, so just above 10mb actual speed if everything goes according to plan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

BArra wrote: »
    you would be around 2.5km from your local exchange? your stats suggest you may sync at 12mb, so just above 10mb actual speed if everything goes according to plan

Yea would be under 2.5km,10mb would be great as I'm only getting 5 on the 8mb ngb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

Ta.

Hey Brophs. I live in Carlow as well. Got a letter yesterday saying a price reduction of 9.83pm and my package will be from 8MB NGB advance to Regular...
    I've asked before about 24mb in carlow. But apparently I cant get it and that my line is only able for 7mb..I dont live to far from town but maybe the new estates can get 24mb?

oh earlier a Vodafone salesperson came selling their 8mb package for 45euro ,all seems good but their allowance is only 40gb!!!! we have 3 pcs at home heavy downloaders. And we've used 20gb already. Gona stay with Eircom cause its almost 10 euro cheaper than before, 10 euro more expensive than vodafone but with a 250GB cap:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

Living in Limerick on the main exchange , my letter said I would get the price reduction and go from Advanced to Regular ........ so my speed stays the same . Odd , unless the main exchange can't handle the 24mb .

Advertisement