Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

student card not working

Options
  • 05-05-2011 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey people, does anyone know if the library can deactivate your student card? Mine won't work and I need to use the library. I don't have all of my reg fee paid so I think thats why. Will I have to pay the remainder of the fee right away to get it working again? thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

You need to get in contact with the finance office ASAP as if your library card is deactivated, chances are you cant get into your student portal to print your exam timetable, which means you cant sit your exams!

This happened to a friend and she had to pretty much beg the Finance office to access her account and print the timetable for her. You need to explain your case to them immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

You need to get in contact with the finance office ASAP as if your library card is deactivated, chances are you cant get into your student portal to print your exam timetable, which means you cant sit your exams!

This happened to a friend and she had to pretty much beg the Finance office to access her account and print the timetable for her. You need to explain your case to them immediately.

Do we need to bring a copy of our timetable to our exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

pbowenroe wrote: »
    Do we need to bring a copy of our timetable to our exams?

Yes, it tells you what seat you are in.

When are your exams starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

When are your exams starting?

Monday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

This isn't my experience, i've sat whole exam periods with no printed off exam timetable present.

So long as you have your student card with you then it should be grand to sit the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

This isn't my experience, i've sat whole exam periods with no printed off exam timetable present.

So long as you have your student card with you then it should be grand to sit the exam.

You'd be a tit not to splash out the 4c it costs to print it off. You never what kind of supervisor you'll meet in the exam centre. 99% of them are bang on but I've come across the odd goul on a power trip.

You need it for your exam number and seat number. Any invigilator I dealt with wanted to see it and for the sake of about two minutes and a few cent I don't see the point not printing it/bringing!

pbowenroe wrote: »
    Monday

Meant to ask the OP, my bad! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Yeah having the timetable with you is compulsory although if you have only your student card they will let you off most of the time. Although if you turn up to every exam without it then im sure at some stage you will start pissing them off.

OP if you need to use the library just go up to the security at the front desk and show them your card and just tell them your situation and im sure they'll have no problem letting you in.

• Advertisement

You'd be a tit not to splash out the 4c it costs to print it off. You never what kind of supervisor you'll meet in the exam centre. 99% of them are bang on but I've come across the odd goul on a power trip.

As i said, my experience contradicts what you say.

Is there anyone out there who has witnessed someone being disciplined for failing to produce a printed timetable?

Somehow i doubt any invigilator would dare try and prevent someone from sitting an exam sans timetable.

As i said, my experience contradicts what you say.

Is there anyone out there who has witnessed someone being disciplined for failing to produce a printed timetable?

Somehow i doubt any invigilator would dare try and prevent someone from sitting an exam sans timetable.

You agree to have your timetable with you when you accept the exam rules and regulations thing a few weeks before. They are well within their rights to stop you from doing your exam. Its a simple little thing to bring that if but anything else could prevent you getting in hassle with an invigilator.

*And yes i've seen people getting a bollicking off one of the head invigilators last year up in Neptune. She called out for anybody who didnt have their timetable to come up to the desk before the exam started. She got a bit mad when she saw the amount of people that actually came to the exam without it.

You agree to have your timetable with you when you accept the exam rules and regulations thing a few weeks before. They are well within their rights to stop you from doing your exam. Its a simple little thing to bring that if but anything else could prevent you getting in hassle with an invigilator.

*And yes i've seen people getting a bollicking off one of the head invigilators last year up in Neptune. She called out for anybody who didnt have their timetable to come up to the desk before the exam started. She got a bit mad when she saw the amount of people that actually came to the exam without it

There's no need to be scared of getting bollockings or hassle from the big bad invigilator, they're not going to prevent you from sitting your exam so long as you have ID of some sort. I bet every single one of those you cite sat their exams.

There's no need to be scared of getting bollockings or hassle from the big bad invigilator, they're not going to prevent you from sitting your exam so long as you have ID of some sort. I bet every single one of those you cite sat their exams.

Yeah they did but for the sake of printing off one page that will last you all the exams....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Lcronin2011

Dont know what experience you've been having so coz any exam ive been to you have to have your timetable!!! It takes 2 minutes to print it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lalalagirl91

Hi again. I printed my timetable just there so thats that done anyway. I'm just afraid now that I will be on some sort of list and not allowed sit my exams as I haven't all the fee paid. Or will I be safe with my student card and timetable?

Hi again. I printed my timetable just there so thats that done anyway. I'm just afraid now that I will be on some sort of list and not allowed sit my exams as I haven't all the fee paid. Or will I be safe with my student card and timetable?

As far as I know, you will be allowed to sit your exams, but you should really look into sorting out your reg fee as who knows what problems it might cause in the future, its just easier to pay it because you will have to eventually!

Why would want to risk getting into a argument with an invigilator before an exam. Hardly the best way to keep your focus.

There must be few uncracked mirrors in your house

Dont know what experience you've been having so coz any exam ive been to you have to have your timetable!!! It takes 2 minutes to print it!

My experience is walking into an examination hall, sit down, put my student card on the desk and do the exam.

Occasionally, like once or twice over the course of 10 exams, an invigilator would ask where the timetable is and i'd say i forget it. That's it.
    Why would want to risk getting into a argument with an invigilator before an exam. Hardly the best way to keep your focus.

Why would you have an argument before the exam? you must be a bit precious if you'll lose "focus" due to fretting about whether or not an invigilator will have a go at you over a poxy timetable.

invigilators might notice during the exam you have no timetable, most of the time they won't even care. Again, have your student card with you and you'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

My experience is walking into an examination hall, sit down, put my student card on the desk and do the exam.

Occasionally, like once or twice over the course of 10 exams, an invigilator would ask where the timetable is and i'd say i forget it. That's it.

Why would you have an argument before the exam? you must be a bit precious if you'll lose "focus" due to fretting about whether or not an invigilator will have a go at you over a poxy timetable.

invigilators might notice during the exam you have no timetable, most of the time they won't even care. Again, have your student card with you and you'll be grand.

Your the same fella who was giving out about the talking in the library werent you??

• Advertisement

Where your born an asshole or is it something that you've been cultivating?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭captainwang

priceless

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

in tyco the last day one of the invigilators asked anyone who didnt have a timetable to put up their hand so they could source your exam number for you! we also got to start 4 minutes early :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

We really can't have a discussion in this forum without it turning into an argument, can we?

Ah knifey i think your asking just a bit too much there now tbh :P

closeline wrote: »
    Your the same fella who was giving out about the talking in the library werent you??

9/10 for your observation skills.

Ah what's wrong, why are you all upset because someone was mean to you on the internet?

Here have a banana.

PS i wasn't born in 'an asshole', i see now how easily you lose focus:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

9/10 for your observation skills.

Think he/she might be saying that it'd disturb other people in the exam hall, like in the library...but could be wrong.

Also OP if you haven't paid your reg fee you'll have no problem doing the exams, afaik it's just that they won't release your results to you until you pay it.

Think he/she might be saying that it'd disturb other people in the exam hall, like in the library...but could be wrong.

that's a fair point but the conversation , if it does happen, is generally along the lines of:

Invigilator: "do you have a timetable with you?"

Moi: "no i forget it"

Invigilator: "ok" ....walks off....

If that makes you lose "focus" like poor 'ol fatty higgins then i'd say you're in trouble.

(PS i see Robbie7730 is stalking me, Hi Robbie! Shouldn't you get out more rather then following me around boards.ie and reading my posting history, it's a bit sad ain't it:confused:?)

*Edit* nice ninja edit Robbie;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

that's a fair point but the conversation , if it does happen, is generally along the lines of:

Invigilator: "do you have a timetable with you?"

Moi: "no i forget it"

Invigilator: "ok" ....walks off....

If that makes you lose "focus" like poor 'ol fatty higgins then i'd say you're in trouble.

(PS i see Robbie7730 is stalking me, Hi Robbie! Shouldn't you get out more rather then following me around boards.ie and reading my posting history, it's a bit sad ain't it:confused:?)

*Edit* nice ninja edit Robbie;)

Hi there, a bit paranoid are you? No one is following you around boards, when you post, your name appears in the boards link list, you did know that? I find it hard to believe there is something you dont know.

So since i genuinely am intersted to pick up on your vast unprecedented knowledge of the world despite still not having to fend for yourself, what better way than to see what you posted. Is it not possible for you to actualy be civil?

• Advertisement

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Hi there, a bit paranoid are you? No one is following you around boards, when you post, your name appears in the boards link list, you did you know that? I find it hard to believe there is something you dont know.

Oh what a coincidence that is, right after you sifted through my posting history to try and pin something on me in another thread too.

So since i genuinely am intersted to pick up on your vast unprecedented knowledge of the world despite still not having to fend for yourself,

Still making assumptions i see, it's like your trademark at this stage.
    what better way than to see what you posted. Is it not possible for you to actualy be civil?

So what brings you to the UCC board Robbie? why did you remove your thanks from phat higgins post and my own and why did you delete your original post here? remember, you may have deleted/removed them* but the mods can still see them, think hard how you're going to answer this one stalker.

Talk about being rattled to fawk:pac:.

* -edit- and now they're back again, at least one of them is. Talk about trying to cover your tracks:P. You need to get out more Robbie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement