Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obama WILL NOT RELEASE PHOTOS of bin laden

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

There is no point in releasing photos. It wont solve any problem. It may satisfy a small minority but no matter what they release there will still be a significant amount of people who will suggest that they were easily faked, it was a double etc.

Obama is never gonna convince his critics that he is actually dead so why release the photo. The fact will be proven in the long run by his non appearance either way so he really has nothing to gain or to lose by not publishing them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

Ok I dont know if these photos have already been posted I just seen them 10 mins ago myself havent had a chance to look through the other threads. Allegedly Reuteurs got hold of these from an undisclosed source in the Pakistani Security Services. They are said to be from inside the compound the first ones Ive seen, if indeed genuine, but Bin Laden himself is not in them I don’t know who these people are, from what I can see they all took a bullet to the back of the head. There is something very strange about all of this these photos really don’t prove anything apparently some main stream media have already published them then pull these photos from circulation. Eventually they might have to relase some photos of him (Bin Laden),if they have them or people will just continue to question rightly or wrongly the official position.

WARNING THESE PHOTOS ARE GRUESOME & GRAPHIC
    http://www.infowars.com/purported-bin-laden-raid-kill-photos-released/

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

So, if they did produce pictures, you would accept them as evidence of his demise ?

Some people will refuse to accept Bin Laden's death whatever evidence is produced - such people are not "free thinkers".

Or else you'll get the "sure he was dead anyway" line.

I can see why they wouldn't be released, pretty gruesome and could add more hatred to an already volatile situation, I think bit like the birth cert, they'll be leaked at a time that suits them.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭pulpfictionost

i caught muamar gadafi yesterday night, yea.
    I sh0t him in the face while he was unarmed,
    Then I threw him in the sea.

You are just going to have to take my word for it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Obama's right not to release the photos. If the Birther farce proved nothing, it's that you absolutely cannot satisfy nutjobs. All it would achieve is to heap another embarrassing act of triumphalism on the scenes we saw from the crowd outside the White House and near Ground Zero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fee fi fo fum

WakeUp wrote: »
    Ok I dont know if these photos have already been posted I just seen them 10 mins ago myself havent had a chance to look through the other threads. Allegedly Reuteurs got hold of these from an undisclosed source in the Pakistani Security Services. They are said to be from inside the compound the first ones Ive seen, if indeed genuine, but Bin Laden himself is not in them I don’t know who these people are, from what I can see they all took a bullet to the back of the head. There is something very strange about all of this these photos really don’t prove anything apparently some main stream media have already published them then pull these photos from circulation. Eventually they might have to relase some photos of him (Bin Laden),if they have them or people will just continue to question rightly or wrongly the official position.

My point would be why care so little about leaving this gruesome mess on show behind and be evasive about showing a washed body wrapped in a white sheet before its lowered into the sea.

So did they take him injured and alive is what i myself wonder now?

Nobody is going to go looking for a dead man.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

K-9 wrote: »

I can see why they wouldn't be released, pretty gruesome and could add more hatred to an already volatile situation,
    How exactly?

I'm not trying to be dismissive but do you honestly think there are Islamic militants/terrorists somewhere who would react to seeing pictures of his corpse in the papers but not to his actual murder?

I assume they are also Muslims. Were they flung into the sea within 24 hours too?

ColHol wrote: »
    There is no point in releasing photos. It wont solve any problem. It may satisfy a small minority but no matter what they release there will still be a significant amount of people who will suggest that they were easily faked, it was a double etc.

Obama is never gonna convince his critics that he is actually dead so why release the photo. The fact will be proven in the long run by his non appearance either way so he really has nothing to gain or to lose by not publishing them

This has nothing to do with being a critic of Obama and everything to do with there being a very large question mark over the faith of the most wanted terrorist in the entire world.

Turn it around and pretend Obama is actually on trial for organising the murder of bin Laden. If you were in the jury based on the little evidence we have thus far could actually opt for a guilty verdict beyond reasonable doubt? Without even a body or any form of proof of death?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Is that the Tail section of a weird looking chopper in one of the pics?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

How exactly?

I'm not trying to be dismissive but do you honestly think there are Islamic militants/terrorists somewhere who would react to seeing pictures of his corpse in the papers but not to his actual murder?

Something that will be on public record and probably published in papers all over the world? I know what you are saying but it's hardly beneficial?

Tbh, I don't see the need, some will never believe it anyway, or as was seen the other day, it could be a fake anyway. Ties in with an insatiable need for information and pictures, bit like the Jon Venables case where even people in Ireland want to see his picture!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

1) Tail section of the chopper is weird, yes - some have speculated it has previously unpublicised stealth modifications.

2) The pictures of the other casualties at the compound were obtained by Reuters from Pakistani locals, rather than officially released by American channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

I assume they are also Muslims. Were they flung into the sea within 24 hours too?
    These bodies were left behind for the local authorities to deal with, and the locals obviously let photographers in to have a look. The only body they took was OBL, presumably so they could confirm ID and dispose of it in a manner of their own choosing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

from what I can see they all took a bullet to the back of the head.

It doesn't look like they were shot in the back of the head. That wound over the chin of the first guy looks like it could be entry wound, with the exit wound at the back of the head making that mess.

Also, is it a bit weird that they don't have the typical Wahhabist beards? Maybe it was part of their keeping a low profile? But a big beard hardly stands out in Pakistan either though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

johndoe99 wrote: »
    now what I'd love to see is the actual live feed video of the operation by the special forces that Obama was watching. Hopefully someone somewhere will leak a copy.

That was the superbowl they were watching, not a seal operation.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,325 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

everything to do with there being a very large question mark over the faith of the most wanted terrorist in the entire world.

He was definitely Muslim, didn't think that was open to debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

My point would be why care so little about leaving this gruesome mess on show behind and be evasive about showing a washed body wrapped in a white sheet before its lowered into the sea.

So did they take him injured and alive is what i myself wonder now?

Nobody is going to go looking for a dead man.

That’s a fair point I would agree with that too, its not like people haven’t seen pictures like that before violence and gore is pretty much a daily occurrence on TV in films stuff like that I’m sure the majority of people while not enjoying looking at a picture of Bin Laden’s head blown apart would be able to handle it nonetheless. I honestly don’t know if they took him alive or not but you do wonder about that alright as you said nobody will go looking for a dead man.

They probably are Muslims alright but can’t say for certain if I had to say yes or no though I would say yes.
    Wetbench4 wrote: »
    Is that the Tail section of a weird looking chopper in one of the pics?

The chopper is apparently some sort of new stealth Blackhawk helicopter that nobody has seen before. Id say the US are kinda freaked out behind the scenes that they lost part of the tail end which is now in the hands of Pakistan who have really close ties with the Chinese. The Chinese are trying to develop stealth technology themselves. I think the chopper is a big part of the story myself.

pakistanmap2.gif

The US say Bin laden’s body was flown to the USS Carl Vinson in the North Arabian Sea and then buried at sea. Even taking the deteour into account to Afghanistan en route it is still a massive distance. Abbottabad is 40 km north of Islamabad. The distance between Islamabad and the Arabian Sea is 2180km so 2220km in total. The distance from Afghanistans southern border to the Arabian sea is some 300 hundred miles.

The UH60 Blackhawk combat radius with external fuel tanks attached is 450km-base-target-back to base. The distance is further at minimum capacity (ferry range) maximum fuel/ minimum equipment. The chopper was on a mission so was obviously in combat mode. There is also the fact that one of the choppers was lost during the mission so the one remaining helicopter would have been carrying extra weight. So unless this new stealth Blackhawk uses some sort of new type of fuel we don’t know off or has developed a seriously advanced new system for carrying it would have taken some effort to get the body from Pakistan to the Arabian sea. That’s why I think the chopper is a big part of the story.
    yekahS wrote: »
    It doesn't look like they were shot in the back of the head. That wound over the chin of the first guy looks like it could be entry wound, with the exit wound at the back of the head making that mess.

Also, is it a bit weird that they don't have the typical Wahhabist beards? Maybe it was part of their keeping a low profile? But a big beard hardly stands out in Pakistan either though?

I had another look at the photos that is possible too alright that he was shot in the chin but they could have been shot in the back of the head too suppose both could be possible couldn’t they. To be honest I don’t what a typical Wahhabist beard looks like is it longer? Would their type of beards stand out so. You would imagine they would be trying to keep a low profile but that compound was mysterious in its own way I wonder how often they left the place maybe they went out at night time to do whatever they needed to do when it was dark and less attention would be drawn to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

One of those seals is gonna get his nuts cracked for poppin him in the eye
    don't believe for one second that he reached for a weapon guy could hardly walk.
    Believe he was quite insignificant at this stage as there are probably wilder and harder young bucks running the show and have been for the past five years.
    Can't see it making a whit of a difference really
    the middle east is a total mess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

So unless this new stealth Blackhawk uses some sort of new type of fuel we don’t know off or has developed a seriously advanced new system for carrying it would have taken some effort to get the body from Pakistan to the Arabian sea. That’s why I think the chopper is a big part of the story.
    Most likely they just flew back to Afghanistan or the nearest point where the body and some/all of the team could be transferred onto a Hercules or somesuch. There's no way they could have flown back in the helicopters without refuelling repeatedly, and what's the cruising speed of a Blackhawk? A third of that of a Hercules? It would have taken them ages too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

I'm probably stating the obvious here, but this whole fiasco is probably going to be remembered as one of those moment in history like the Kennedy assassination, the moon landings, Roswell, etc, where everyone will have their own version of events, their own theory, and we will probably never know what really went down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

His own group confirmed his death this evening.
    Would think that puts the doubt to bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭David Matthew

'Go America Go'... [not in the 'Fúck yeah' sense, but in the 'Get Out' sense...]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

I'm probably stating the obvious here, but this whole fiasco is probably going to be remembered as one of those moment in history like the Kennedy assassination, the moon landings, Roswell, etc, where everyone will have their own version of events, their own theory, and we will probably never know what really went down.

Kennedy was prob assassinated by the mob, but no one took the rap, except Oswald.

They probably landed on the moon

There probably were no aliens in Roswell

Conspiracy theories are always wild and exciting.. the truth is usually a lot more boring.

but - if you search for holes and discrepancies, they exist in everything (and not just US events, but sshh don't tell some people that)

I have a great theory on the Russian airport bombing, but no one is interested.. for some reason :(

ps. new video released today of some man pretending to be Osama Bin Laden, and other assorted "old" videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

Jonny7 wrote: »
    I have a great theory on the Russian airport bombing, but no one is interested.. for some reason :(

Care to share it?
    Jonny7 wrote: »
    ps. new video released today of some man pretending to be Osama Bin Laden, and other assorted "old" videos.

Linky?

Advertisement