Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obama WILL NOT RELEASE PHOTOS of bin laden

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Well, for the free thinkers, it'll confirm our suspicions that the whole thing was b*llocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Lcronin2011

Not that i want to see the pictures coz i think it would be really disgusting, but i do think they are opening themselves up to alot of critism now that they aren't revealing the pictures. Now nobody will believe them, they have lied about so many other stuff before so why wouldn't they lie about this too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭windsurfer99ie

chin_grin wrote: »
    Well, for the free thinkers, it'll confirm our suspicions that the whole thing was b*llocks.

So, if they did produce pictures, you would accept them as evidence of his demise ?

Some people will refuse to accept Bin Laden's death whatever evidence is produced - such people are not "free thinkers".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

What would stop Osama coming out with a video saying he isn't dead? He's surely dead? Isn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dragun

How can anyone expect to see pics when hes been dead since the attacks took place on the twin towers the whole thing is typical american style cover it up and if it comes back to get you make up something up sure of course obama wants to look good his publicity rating is through the floor
    and needless to say al queda will release tapes and pics of osama alive and well sometime down the line its a war of dis information we're back to cold war standards god what next they'll be saying they found et alive and well with elvis in tow lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

mink_man wrote: »
    What would stop Osama coming out with a video saying he isn't dead?
    Nothing.

And why would his daughter be saying that she saw him killed? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

dragun wrote: »
    How can anyone expect to see pics when hes been dead since the attacks took place on the twin towers the whole thing is typical american style cover it up and if it comes back to get you make up something up sure of course obama wants to look good his publicity rating is through the floor
    and needless to say al queda will release tapes and pics of osama alive and well sometime down the line its a war of dis information we're back to cold war standards god what next they'll be saying they found et alive and well with elvis in tow lol
    Maybe they are taking the route that if al queda release something claiming he is alive then the US will then show the pics. Either was pics or not don't matter since conspiracy theorists won't believe what they see anyway and it doesn't matter much to the rest since surely if he is not dead he will make a "ha ha i'm still here stupid americans, i kill you, i kill you" video.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

now what I'd love to see is the actual live feed video of the operation by the special forces that Obama was watching. Hopefully someone somewhere will leak a copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

at this stage they can do/say whatever because people will only believe what they want..

as with 9/11 ,all i ever wanted was to see the evidence that osama or whoever was behind it..

still waiting .......

iraq...still waiting....

etc

• Advertisement

axer wrote: »
    surely if he is not dead he will make a "ha ha i'm still here stupid americans, i kill you, i kill you" video.
    It would actually be quite amusing, as he tries to work in topical references to prove he wasn't nobbled:

"So, what about that recent sporting event, huh? Hell of a game. Helluva game. And the weather - woah, don't start me on the weather. Well, as you can see, I'm clearly still alive. I weeeeel keeeeeeel you!'

barone wrote: »
    iraq...still waiting....
    You'll be waiting a long time for that one. Bush and co. invaded Iraq for their own reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Im Only 71Kg

maybe they're trying to provoke him into making an appearance somewhere! sounds as though they dont actually know whether he's alive or dead...or where he is for that matter..

saps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

The idea that he is not dead is just ridiculous. I am not sure how anyone can actually believe that any administration would take the risk of telling an outright lie and then Bin Laden appearing a month later holding a copy of the New York Times!!!

And if you believe he is still alive then you wouldnt believe the photos anyway.

So absolutely nothing to gain by releasing photos, and everything to lose through inciting more violence from the extremist muslim community

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Imagine been the holder of the tape or the photos
    would you be tempted to leak them/or sell them,you would be an instant millionaire.:D
    they will be eventually leaked i reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Surely it's not a hoax..

For a hoax, why risk the likely deadly retribution that will happen round the world.

If the photos are released people will just say they are staged and still believe what they want..

If he were alive surely he'd appear in a video with absolute proof he was still alive.. just to stick it to the Infidels :rolleyes:

Again, why would his wife and daughter say he was killed if he wasn't... doubt they'd be in on the hoax..

I'd say he's a gonner surely, the burial at sea is the iffy bit to me, I reckon he's on storage in Area 59 or some such hideaway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

You'll be waiting a long time for that one. Bush and co. invaded Iraq for their own reasons.

unfortunatley correct...
    as with afganistan,gadaffiland...egypt next maybe?

wonder why they dont invade the countries with no natural resources or oil, whos dictators are slaughtering them,to protect innocent civillians..

im actually angry at myself for not being aware of it years ago,they crap we are fed,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

I see Obama is still going to give billions to Pakistan after this, why?, they've probably discovered oil there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

..must have lost his copy of Photoshop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

johndoe99 wrote: »
    I see Obama is still going to give billions to Pakistan after this, why?, they've probably discovered oil there.

I remember being shocked at first when I heard the amount of aid Pakistan gets from the US and Britain, think India gets a good amount too. But the alternative is the population becoming even more radical if they were more destitute. The west missed a good opportunity during the Pakistan floods and earthquake to distribute aid and try and win hearts and minds, instead letting fundamentalist groups fill the void. It has to be said, there is something not quiet right about a country that pours its money into nuclear research receiving billions in aid every year.

Regarding the pictures, I think they'll be released in time, or leaked. Less likely to cause trouble in the Islamic world after some time has passed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Im Only 71Kg

you cant release what you dont have.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

mink_man wrote: »
    What would stop Osama coming out with a video saying he isn't dead? He's surely dead? Isn't he?

Well if you were top of the FBI's most wanted list having to spend your recreational time swinging on monkey bars in the desert travelling from cave to cave and all of a sudden people claim your dead and that they won't be looking for you would you post a video to youtube telling everyone you are alive?

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

It has to be said, there is something not quiet right about a country that pours its money into nuclear research receiving billions in aid every year.
    Israel?

Well if you were top of the FBI's most wanted list having to spend your recreational time swinging on monkey bars in the desert travelling from cave to cave and all of a sudden people claim your dead and that they won't be looking for you would you post a video to youtube telling everyone you are alive?
    If I was a religious nutter, convinced I would be assured a place in Paradise, and determined to damage the US in any way possible - I definitely would*. Can you imagine the blow it would be to the US population, and their faith in their government?

*I'm not though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Honestly, Bin Laden is dead. Otherwise the Obama Government is playing a ridiculously high stakes game. However given the lack of evidence put forward questions and scepticism is valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

bbam wrote: »
    Surely it's not a hoax..

For a hoax, why risk the likely deadly retribution that will happen round the world.

If the photos are released people will just say they are staged and still believe what they want..

If he were alive surely he'd appear in a video with absolute proof he was still alive.. just to stick it to the Infidels :rolleyes:

Again, why would his wife and daughter say he was killed if he wasn't... doubt they'd be in on the hoax..

I'd say he's a gonner surely, the burial at sea is the iffy bit to me, I reckon he's on storage in Area 59 or some such hideaway..

How about this (might be stretching it a bit):

Maybe the guy the Americans "whacked" the other day was an imposter (one of Osama's body doubles, who even had the wool pulled over the real Osama's wife's and children's eyes), and the *real* Osama is still out there? The Americans haven't released any biometric or DNA evidence. All we have is their word. Which, to be frank, isn't much really, considering their history of lies and deceipt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

How about this (might be stretching it a bit):

Maybe the guy the Americans "whacked" the other day was an imposter (one of Osama's body doubles, who even had the wool pulled over the real Osama's wife's and children's eyes), and the *real* Osama is still out there? The Americans haven't released any biometric or DNA evidence. All we have is their word. Which, to be frank, isn't much really, considering their history of lies and deceipt.

And who could verify the DNA evidence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Israel?

Perhaps I should have qualified it by saying while its citizens live in poverty. Ireland at least doesn't appear to give to either country, but Britain gives a sizeable amount to Pakistan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I read in one news report that a Republican congressman was allowed to see the picture/s, anyone confirm that?

Obama should allow the Senate and House minority and majority leaders see the pictures at the very least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Transparency is not important of course!

Advertisement