Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triple H - Now what?

Options
  • 04-05-2011 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hey, do you think Triple H will ever step back in the ring and wrestle again? If so against who?

I was thinking if they put him against Sheamus and they could 'properly' end that. Or maybe if they keep him on Raw and feud him against Mcintyre, they could push Mcintyre that way, even if he was to lose the feud, Drew would gain experience with a veteran.

Check out the video i made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6tZ6IlZNww&feature=player_detailpage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I'd say he's a cert to still be wrestling at future Wrestlemania's, even if he does go into 75% retirement mode now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Probably follow in HBK's footsteps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I would say he could face Taker again, possibly Summerlsam!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I love to see a feud between him and Punk. He seems to be off Raw since the Raw after Mania looks like he is decreasing his in ring role and increasing his role as head honcho of WWE outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

He'll be gone until next February/March where he'll make a big return only to be interrupted by The Undertaker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

He'll be gone until next February/March where he'll make a big return only to be interrupted by The Undertaker.

Yeah I heard the same rumours about HHH/Taker III at WrestleMania28, but I think it's more likely they will have their re-match at Summerslam this year.

Wrestlemania 28 would be better with;

Undertaker vs Sting
    HHH vs Brock Lesnar

Charisteas wrote: »
    Wrestlemania 28 would be better with;

Undertaker vs Sting
    HHH vs Brock Lesnar

Realistically neither is going to happen so HHH/'Taker and Rock/Cena is about the best they can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Charisteas wrote: »
    Yeah I heard the same rumours about HHH/Taker III at WrestleMania28, but I think it's more likely they will have their re-match at Summerslam this year.

I think both could be likely...HHH to win at Summerslam and a rubber match at Wrestlemania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Triple H looked like he hadn't been bodybuilding as intensely as he was known for. Bit of a belly there. I thought this was going to be his swansong or at least his final big one... is he now officially moved into that category of legends that only wrestle a handful of bigish matches per year like 'Taker and HBK were?

I don't think I'd notice if he never wrestled another match...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

I think he'll beat Taker at Summerslam. Don't think they can surpass the match they had at Mania this year so no point in having a rematch there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

No way would WWE waste HHH/'Taker II (Let's leave out the first 'Mania match from this set of matches) at Summerslam. The days of The Big Four are long gone and SS is now just another PPV. People won't pick it up because they won't go all out ala 'Mania. Plus the whole story isn't just about HHH beating Undertaker, it's about him beating the streak.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,141 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Triple H looked like he hadn't been bodybuilding as intensely as he was known for. Bit of a belly there. I thought this was going to be his swansong or at least his final big one... is he now officially moved into that category of legends that only wrestle a handful of bigish matches per year like 'Taker and HBK were?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

If I were booking I'd put HHH in feuds with people who have a bright future in WWE - (finish with) Sheamus, Barrett, ~McIntyre, also Punk and Bryan.

He doesn't have to lose every feud, but he has to make them look like a million bucks. It's his company after all. What's the point of having a massive star (HHH is one of the biggest draws in WWE) if you can't use it to make other stars?

Then again, I'm asking a guy who vehemently hates jobbing, despite seeing his best mate, and much bigger star Shawn Michaels job all the time, and is more beloved because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I think Triple H knows his time is nearly up and he has taken the steps into the corporate/behind the scenes running of the business.

I think he will be around wrestling for a further 2/3 years injuries permitting but how many matches will he compete in it, my money is on not many but I would expect him too do more jobs as he well knows that the new guys are going to need to get over somehow and taking the scalp of Triple H fopr some of them would be a huge push.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

gavredking wrote: »
    I think Triple H knows his time is nearly up and he has taken the steps into the corporate/behind the scenes running of the business.

I think he will be around wrestling for a further 2/3 years injuries permitting but how many matches will he compete in it, my money is on not many but I would expect him too do more jobs as he well knows that the new guys are going to need to get over somehow and taking the scalp of Triple H fopr some of them would be a huge push.

problem is he buried the entire roster in that promo about his match with taker at mania that the chances of him laying down for anybody is very small to say the least, thats not to say he wont, but past history suggests if he does it probably wont be clean, which does'nt really benefit the person he puts over.

I still don't understand people saying HHH buried the whole roster with that Raw promo. I'm not looking to start a flame war or anything, I 100% cannot understand the idea that he buried the roster, I just can't see it.

The reason I don't think he buried anyone is because he was right, there is noone else on the roster who could beat 'Taker at 'Mania (Except maybe Cena, but what's the point of bringing Cenas name into it when he is already involved with Miz and Rock.) Think about it, name anyone of the roster who could face 'Taker at 'Mania with just over a month to build up the match and have people believe he could actually do it. I can't think of anyone. (That's not to say someone cant be built up to look like a threat and convince the fans, but not in such a short amount of time.) Besides (In kayfabe land), HHH wants 'Taker to face him and wanted to try get into 'Takers mind, if he makes it sound like someone else is better than HHH then why would 'Taker be worried at all? By saying that he is the only one who can do it it presents a bigger challenge for 'Taker and make him question if he can stop HHH.

I only ask this because I simply cannot get the burials comments people are throwing around. I can see with every other HHH burial claim were people are coming from, even the ones I disagree with, but I can't get my head around this one.

I still don't understand people saying HHH buried the whole roster with that Raw promo. I'm not looking to start a flame war or anything, I 100% cannot understand the idea that he buried the roster, I just can't see it.

The reason I don't think he buried anyone is because he was right, there is noone else on the roster who could beat 'Taker at 'Mania (Except maybe Cena, but what's the point of bringing Cenas name into it when he is already involved with Miz and Rock.) Think about it, name anyone of the roster who could face 'Taker at 'Mania with just over a month to build up the match and have people believe he could actually do it. I can't think of anyone. (That's not to say someone cant be built up to look like a threat and convince the fans, but not in such a short amount of time.) Besides (In kayfabe land), HHH wants 'Taker to face him and wanted to try get into 'Takers mind, if he makes it sound like someone else is better than HHH then why would 'Taker be worried at all? By saying that he is the only one who can do it it presents a bigger challenge for 'Taker and make him question if he can stop HHH.

I only ask this because I simply cannot get the burials comments people are throwing around. I can see with every other HHH burial claim were people are coming from, even the ones I disagree with, but I can't get my head around this one.

if my memory is correct i think he said nobody in the back were not only not upto takers level but they were'nt upto his level either. now maybe thats not a burial of their talent to some, but considering they are probably his ''future employees'' and the stars he has to build the company around, for me anyway, that promo done nothing to promote their talent going forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I wonder are they going to try and push him as some sort of speciality attraction. I remember watching a shoot interview with Kurt Angle and he said himself and the Undertaker kind of became the speciality guys where they didn't always have to be in a programme or long feud to slot in somewhere.

I wonder if HHH would end up becoming something like that. Where he can just pop up a few times a year and start something, without it being a big long feud.

Or he could just be getting fitted for suits to wear once Vince steps down :)

It could proove to be the launching pad for someone if WWE were bold enough to take a risk.

Have HHH come out at the slammies when he and 'Taker win the MOTY award. He can be giving his speech and mention it again, perhaps say that he stepped up to the plate when noone else come close to bringing what he brought, and then have someone like Kofi Kingston come out and state that he is sick of having the vets hog the limelight. He would point out the HHH didn't beat 'Taker in the end and that his age would help him be the one to beat 'Taker. He challanges HHH to a match at the Royal Rumble with the winner getting the chance to face 'Taker. Kofi goes over and HHH, shocked that he won't get his match, goes into hiding. At 'Mania you have Kofi 'Taker and Kofis speed leads to him almost getting the win, only for HHH to return and cost him the match.

That leads to a HHH-Kofi feud that could lead to 'Mania 29 with both men wanting to prove they can beat 'Taker. HHH claiming he is the vet and Kofi calming he would have won if not for HHH. Have Kofi go over in the end and face 'Taker but still loose. It would never happen but it's an idea of how you could turn HHHs line from a burial into the making of someone.

kofi kingston v the undertaker for the streak eh, not for me anyway, there is only 1 man who should be pushed for that slot and its cm punk, he has the only believable character that if booked properly, people could believe that he could actually beat him. but as it looks like it'll be HHH taker part 2, that wont happen.

• Advertisement

Only picked Kofi for the sake of picking a name. Really any upper-mid carder that gets a pop from the crowd would do.

As much as a mark as I am for CM Punk I wouldn't want him to beat 'Taker. I think they would have a hell of a match though. But that's a different topic.

What's next for HHH? I'd say he won't make any sign of a return until the Slammies since 'Taker won't be able to pick up that award for MOTY. I'd say he won't "retire" but make the odd performance or two for the next few years.

Only picked Kofi for the sake of picking a name. Really any upper-mid carder that gets a pop from the crowd would do.

As much as a mark as I am for CM Punk I wouldn't want him to beat 'Taker. I think they would have a hell of a match though. But that's a different topic.

What's next for HHH? I'd say he won't make any sign of a return until the Slammies since 'Taker won't be able to pick up that award for MOTY. I'd say he won't "retire" but make the odd performance or two for the next few years.

i dont think we have to worry about that happening, cos the streak will never be beaten, its about taker and his opponent having the match of the night now trying to beat it, and he and cm punk would certainly have that.

He said nothing else mattered and both of them had nothing else left to do. That's as much a burial of the entire roster and the entire WM card as you get. Regardless of whether what he said is true or not, you just don't say those kinds of things and bury the entire product and roster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

He said nothing else mattered and both of them had nothing else left to do. That's as much a burial of the entire roster and the entire WM card as you get. Regardless of whether what he said is true or not, you just don't say those kinds of things and bury the entire product and roster.

The importance of this statement by HHH has been grossly over exaggerated. It was a throwaway comment that wouldn't have registered with anyone apart from a few intertnet fans who are almost programmeed to pounce on his every utterance these days as a stick to beat him with.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Although I'm one of those (:p) the line was a sound clip for every HHH/Taker promo after that, including Mania. It didn't help that he disposed of Sheamus extremely quickly, and calling his past penchant for not helping others 'checkered' would be generous.

I still can't see how it's burying the product, especially when what he said was true. There was nothing left for either of them to do and it was the only match at 'Mania that felt like a Wrestlemania match, even before there was any promos. If he walked out and said "'Taker, everyone backstage is **** and we have to save 'Mania" then hell yeah that's burying the roster, but he didn't.

I still can't see how it's burying the product, especially when what he said was true. There was nothing left for either of them to do and it was the only match at 'Mania that felt like a Wrestlemania match, even before there was any promos. If he walked out and said "'Taker, everyone backstage is **** and we have to save 'Mania" then hell yeah that's burying the roster, but he didn't.

He could've put over the magnitude of their match easily without saying what he said. It's the same as the Michael Cole heel thing, much of what he says is actually true but the fact that he says it is just really stupid. Under no circumstances should somebody bury their own product, no matter how many people might take it seriously or not. It's just not good business at all.

He could've put over the magnitude of their match easily without saying what he said. It's the same as the Michael Cole heel thing, much of what he says is actually true but the fact that he says it is just really stupid. Under no circumstances should somebody bury their own product, no matter how many people might take it seriously or not. It's just not good business at all.

But he didn't bury the product or the roster. If that was the case both the fans and the WWE would have given up on the rest of the card, but that didn't happen. Hell even Snookimania was getting plenty of air time and build up!

I agree with Flah, people are reading too much into that line. If any wrestler had of said it then noone would be paying and notice to it.

But he didn't bury the product or the roster. If that was the case both the fans and the WWE would have given up on the rest of the card, but that didn't happen. Hell even Snookimania was getting plenty of air time and build up!

I agree with Flah, people are reading too much into that line. If any wrestler had of said it then noone would be paying and notice to it.

No but that doesn't mean it wasn't stupid that he said it. It did nothing but annoy people and it's the kind of line that should never make the air, ever. It's just not a good idea to come out and say everything else doesn't matter (especially when it's most likely that everything else that'll be carrying the company for the next eleven months). As I said, it's just not good business to be saying those kind of things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

flahavaj wrote: »
    The importance of this statement by HHH has been grossly over exaggerated. It was a throwaway comment that wouldn't have registered with anyone apart from a few intertnet fans who are almost programmeed to pounce on his every utterance these days as a stick to beat him with.
    Not internet fans actually. Powerslam had a few paragraphs on it in their review of Mania. The article goes on to say that Trips was right: their match was the only one that mattered on the card. (according to the reviewer's opinion).

Advertisement