Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving. Before or after a shower?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭RichT

Regarding the misting mirror issue......

Place a small amount of washing up liquid (ask missus what this is) on a cloth, and rub all over the mirror pre shower/shave.

Mirror will stay mist free for weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Uriel. wrote: »
    Plus I have an anti-fog mirror which works perfectly - so it's all good!! :)

Where do you get those in Ireland ?!?!?!?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I generally tend to let the beard grow and shave it off in 1 big lump with a trimmer...

Find it handier to shave before I shower so I can fully clean up as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

The anti-fogging method.
    Has been used by generations of SCUBA divers to prevent goggles fogging up.

Get up a good deep snorting hocker, the type that drags up from the base of the stomach and drags all the phlegm from the back of the nose.
    Hock that beauty onto your mirror and smear and wipe the mirror with it.
    Rise off your wonderful creation and hey presto! No fogging.

Also to answer the original question - shave after shower.
    Beard, legs, back, BCS, everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I shave in the shower...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I shave in the shower

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Where do you get those in Ireland ?!?!?!?

I picked mine up in a bathroom company (not sure If I can give the name ) when I got my bathroom done, 2 years ago. It has LED lights and all built into it :D I honestly can't remember the price though, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

yawha wrote: »
    I shave in the shower. Don't use a mirror either. I get any bits I've missed when I look in the mirror after showering, but usually I'll get 95% of it.

This. Dunno why though, just do....
    Always try and leave the bits near the bottom of my neck and near my ears till i get out though :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

After for me.....I do brush my teeth beforehand though :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Korvanica wrote: »
    I shave in the shower...

I brush my teeth in the shower. :D
    + There's something deeply unsatisfying about shaving after a shower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Before.

I always do some quasi-hot towel shave though.

Soak a face cloth in near to boiling water, put it over your face for about a minute, shave away and cover your face with a face cloth soaked in cold water afterwards.

Best way to wake yourself up in the morning ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Always before. I wash my face before the chave with hot water and soap (if I've time!), that softens the bristles up adequately. Still hate shaving, either way!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Before. After having a shower and drying I dont want to have to shave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I always shave before a shower, just prefer it that way. Would also brush the teeth before the shower too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

During, haven't used shaving foam in years, I just shave under the shower and then finish any bits I missed when I get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭garbanzo

During, haven't used shaving foam in years, I just shave under the shower and then finish any bits I missed when I get out.

Identical routine for mr garbanzo !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Definitely after.

If I shave before I just don't get as close a shave.

And to those saying the mirror fogs up? Use your hand, or the end of a towel, and wipe the poxy thing. Doesn't take THAT long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

After but if there isnt enough warm water yet i do it before just to kill time

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tommy.obr

I always shave in the shower, can manage most of my face with being able to see what i'm doing... tidy it up in the mirror afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Depends. Usually before, to wash away any hair that has been shaved, but not brushed off. Sometimes after if I think I'm going to slice my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Always shave before having a shower.

If I did it the other way, I'd tear the face off myself with the electric razor - never liked using blades tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

shave after shower, dont even use foam/gel. skins all soft after a shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I always shave just at the end of my shower, but whilst still in the shower. It always does the job for me. I never cut myself shaving either, not sure if that can be put down to that method or not. But I definitely find it gives a much closer shave.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 malafela

sh*t, shower and a shave that order!

splash of brut and saturday night is sorted, happy days :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭jacksprat

i trim the beard before the shower,then shave properly (always with the grain, pointing towards the chin) afterwards. once finished i splash cold water on my face to close the pores back up again.

good tips for de-fogging the mirror! thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Funky G

Usually shave in the shower.

Any parts i miss i tidy up in the mirror - especially if i grow a beard of some sort (fanny tickler as the other half calls it!)

Worst part for all shavers i think is the neck area - what do you do to stop the redness / spots / cutting yourself etc etc.....

I'm comfortable doing the neck area real slow in the shower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 cherile

Has to be after, skin much softer just makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

yawha wrote: »
    I shave in the shower. Don't use a mirror either. I get any bits I've missed when I look in the mirror after showering, but usually I'll get 95% of it.

:eek: There are dozens of us, DOZENS!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,689 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I always shave before I have a shower, maybe its time I spruced things up abit in the man tidying department!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Buck-a-ruu

In the shower is definitly the way to go, as long as there's ample hot water... serious time saver

Advertisement