Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Glanza Opinions?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 glanzav69

i had a glanza 3 years ago , great car to drive when they're modified a bit. they're extremely powerful for a small car. you dont have to do anything to the engine if you dont want to. lower it , get a stainless steeel exhaust , turbo timer , dump valve and a boost gauge. they may have a bad image but thats cos there's some morons driving them, but some morons also drive bmw's and mercs too. they're quite reliable too as long as u look after it and dont abuse it , like any car. theres so many extras you can but for the glanza , websites dedicated to it. the aftermarket mods can be expensive but if u modify your car the right way , anyone who knows about cars will know thats its been done properly and not by a guy who's interested in noise and speed. i bought another glanza at the weekend , it was fresh from japan , probably one of the last unregistered ones in the country because theyre scarce in japan now and people just dont have the money to buy them anymore. mine is totally standard apart from a turbo timer but i will do bits and pieces to it as i go along and sell it on again. if theyre minded , they hold their value too. hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

well ive a glanza s non turbo... it aint no rocket but its as reliable as ****,looks good,lowerd a bit ,handles great, easy on tax,petrol,and insurance...

cant fault it

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jennytightlips

dont go for a galanza nearly every one in the country has been molested one way or another!
    would you consider a dc 2/ dc5 or an r34?...ive owned all 3 of those and guarantee you ll have lots of fun (esp in the r34 in the wet) :D
    good luck with your car shopping and i hope you have the best of luck with your new motor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

I think there cool little cars cheap to insure to I got quoted 1400 on one fully comp at 20 with 2 years ncb Sirs where up at 2k be a grand run around

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I think there cool little cars cheap to insure to I got quoted 1400 on one fully comp at 20 with 2 years ncb Sirs where up at 2k be a grand run around

€1400 is a bit much on a Glanza surely? I'm currently paying €1900 on my SiR, and with renewal coming up it's going down to €1200! :D

19 btw with 2 years NCB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

€1400 is a bit much on a Glanza surely? I'm currently paying €1900 on my SiR, and with renewal coming up it's going down to €1200! :D

19 btw with 2 years NCB
    On your own policy? I find that hard to believe, I'm 24, paying 1450 TPFT on an Irish Type R, there's no way you're insuring a Jap SIR for 1200 quid at 19 on your own policy

On your own policy? I find that hard to believe, I'm 24, paying 1450 TPFT on an Irish Type R, there's no way you're insuring a Jap SIR for 1200 quid at 19 on your own policy

A lad on DTD gave me a nice little tip, PM me if you want ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

19 btw with 2 years NCB

1900 fully comp ? nah doubt it the going rate for me on dohc vtecs is circa 2k tpft that was at 20 2 years ncb full 3 years clean licence etc

A glanza makes more sense then a sir imo cheaper to buy cheaper to insure just as fast loads of bits out there

but Id buy the SiR over one

The Glanza is like the red head one outta girls aloud Shes problaby all the woman you ever need but ya would still want Cheryl

1900 fully comp ? nah doubt it the going rate for me

I'm not you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BrianMurphy

Im 19 have full liecence 2yr ncb and i got a qoute on my 1.5 RS vitz and they said 3,000

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

Im 19 have full liecence 2yr ncb and i got a qoute on my 1.5 RS vitz and they said 3,000

i was getting some mental quotes like that too, quinn said they wouldn't even insure it but do shop around, my local broker (travers in arklow) got me insured for a little over 800 euro i think it was this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

Glanza is fine, just keep it on the straight & smooth. Present it with a twisty bit or an uneven road and it will get grumpy real quick. Its got a really dodgy back end.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RainMan_09

i was thinking of getting one to but im only 20 and have my license a year. ive been in a few and they are a great driver.i wouldnt worry about boy racers to be honest. ive seen a good few for sale and i hope ill be able to insure one

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Ah went to get a glanza As me first car, uncomfortable as f**k. (am 6 ft 4"!). Ended up with a seat Ibiza 1.2 with insurance of 2,300 f.c at the age of 18.

Insurance is now 1k on 520d at age of 23 :)

Also undeclaration of mods is a no no.. I know too many people who have been rumbled!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

i feel sorry for guys trying to insure a car. im paying 600 on a civic coupe! 20 and a 2 years ncb

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

amandaf675 wrote: »
    i feel sorry for guys trying to insure a car. im paying 600 on a civic coupe! 20 and a 2 years ncb

Won't last long I'm afraid with the EU directive on gender coming into affect next year.

Depends on the engine really...I'm willing to bet it's only a 1.6lsi

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

draffodx wrote: »
    Won't last long I'm afraid with the EU directive on gender coming into affect next year.

Ah i know yeah
    Depends on the engine really...I'm willing to bet it's only a 1.6lsi

Ye it is but ive gotten quotes on sirs for around 1300

Ye it is but ive gotten quotes on sirs for around 1300

Not bad considering I'm paying only €1750 on mine :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Not bad considering I'm paying only €1750 on mine :D :P

Only €1750... :pac:

• Advertisement