Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 02/05 *Spoilers (Extreme Rules results included)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

this seems strangely genuine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

jmolloy wrote: »

Vince was nearly in tears.I get the whiff of a beatdown at the end of this not nostalgic enough video.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Yeah, Rock being back paid off in droves, he's the only reason they cleared 1 million buys @ WM.

I'm sure he hasn't seen that video before either

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jesus was vince showing a genuine heartfelt thank you to rock ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

If Rock wasn't standing in the ring right now you'd think the guy had died.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

who the f##k is she?? not complaining she is hotter than the last singer:D

Where is Stone Cold,Triple H,Taker anybody that a wrestling fan can cling onto.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

That was sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

This is all very strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

super-rush wrote: »
    That was sh1te.

i was hoping for another "this is your life" episode:D

• Advertisement

Icky Thump wrote: »
    who the f##k is she?? not complaining she is hotter than the last singer:D

she was in that lady marmalade thing in around 2002, hasnt done much since, get the feeling rocks tapped that tho

Vince's thank you seemed very genuine. ok show highligh was him planting cole

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

2 hour blowjob to The Rock, I understand they are grateful for him popping the buyrate, but that was to much really.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I stayed up for that?

Jesus christ

GTR63 wrote: »
    Where is Stone Cold,Triple H,Taker anybody that a wrestling fan can cling onto.

your an entertainment fan now and you should've enjoyed the 'entertainers' supplied;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I swear for a moment I thought the birthday present was going to be a surprise Hall of Fame induction at next year's WM.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Icky Thump wrote: »
    i was hoping for another "this is your life" episode:D

All it was short was mick foley and rocks "girlfriend" again.

Daysha wrote: »
    I swear for a moment I thought the birthday present was going to be a surprise Hall of Fame induction at next year's WM.

yeah announcing that would've been great

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

yeah talk about a rock love fest, found it boring aand i am a bit pissed with myself that i stayed up for it.
    You can thank the rock but there is no need to give him a rimjob

your an entertainment fan now and you should've enjoyed the 'entertainers' supplied;)

I didn't know who most them gobshítes were.Poor episode with more questions than answers. Del Rio is being wasted in another run with Mysterio & poor ol CM Punk is being underused yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

4 out of the 5 matches end in a DQ or a no contest?
    Let's all celebrate russos return to raw! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

ARGH!

I'll be honest. I marked for Miz's "win". And I did so fully aware it was likely to be overturned. It was just HOW they did it that annoyed me. So you finally make Miz look credible, what with the kicking out of the AA (and without Cena even giving him time to recover) and you have Miz get a decent win. And then they play out the DQ like that?

Since when have referees started reversing decisions on assumptions? Jesus Christ, have the Raw GM announce what happened. Have a replay to let the ref see it. But for the ref to presume Miz cheated and just DQ him like that....it destroys pretty much every other DQ ending in history :S

As for the Rock closing moments, I enjoyed it but when Vince came out, I though Batista was going to come out and murder Rocky, setting up Cena vs Batista :/ Last time I listen to reports....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

ARGH!

I'll be honest. I marked for Miz's "win". And I did so fully aware it was likely to be overturned. It was just HOW they did it that annoyed me. So you finally make Miz look credible, what with the kicking out of the AA (and without Cena even giving him time to recover) and you have Miz get a decent win. And then they play out the DQ like that?

Since when have referees started reversing decisions on assumptions? Jesus Christ, have the Raw GM announce what happened. Have a replay to let the ref see it. But for the ref to presume Miz cheated and just DQ him like that....it destroys pretty much every other DQ ending in history :S

As for the Rock closing moments, I enjoyed it but when Vince came out, I though Batista was going to come out and murder Rocky, setting up Cena vs Batista :/ Last time I listen to reports....

100% agree with you with the Miz/Cena Match. Even a match restart would have been better than that ending...

If they had kept the backstage segments, and the opening I would have been satisfied for the Rocks party...but it went on too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How was Riley on Raw he was drafted to SD, what is the point of the draft :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How was Riley on Raw he was drafted to SD, what is the point of the draft :confused:

They said in the opening that Raw and Smackdown Superstars were present for Rocks Birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

they are booking miz incredibly strong, i can't remember the last time anybody kicked out of a finishing move on raw at 2, its not like cena waited he went for the cover straight away

cena himself only kicks out of finishing moves at ppvs

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Garseys wrote: »
    They said in the opening that Raw and Smackdown Superstars were present for Rocks Birthday.

Oh missed that part :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

A poor Raw overall despite one or two good points.

The Miz looked really strong in his match with Cena, then they go ahead and ruin it with a ridiculous finish and of course a SuperCena post-match recovery.

Kharma was booked well again, I'm interested to find out why she is seemingly attacking just the heels?

It looks like CM Punk will team with Mason Ryan before one turns on the other. That feud is very much a waste of Punk's talents.

I thought the pro-America nonsense was bad enough, but by the time of the 15th celebrity Rock endorsement I felt putting the tv out the window. What a load of b*ll*cks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mr. Guappa wrote: »

Kharma was booked well again, I'm interested to find out why she is seemingly attacking just the heels?

It looks like CM Punk will team with Mason Ryan before one turns on the other. That feud is very much a waste of Punk's talents.

On those two points...

I've said it before and I will again...K2 vs Kharma is the perfect starter feud for Kharma. As such, it would have been foolish to waste too much of it by having Khama destroy K2. I'd rather she stalk the "ultimate Barbie diva" for a few weeks before they start actually fighting.

As for Punk...I like the idea of the Punk/Mason relationship, but not the execution. It should be more of a case that Punk is holding this animal back a bit, trying to control him, cause Punk knows just how much of a monster Mason could be. A supervillain who is trying to control the Hulk, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Mr. Guappa wrote: »

i disagree, ryan and the others guys were put with punk to help them get over, if punks as good as everyone says he is he should be able to get them over, cena had to work with khali and umaga, you know very well hhh will have huge plans for mason
    I thought the pro-America nonsense was bad enough, but by the time of the 15th celebrity Rock endorsement I felt putting the tv out the window. What a load of b*ll*cks.

well doesn't matter what you or I thought, the americans loved it, just go over to an american dominated wrestling forum and see for yourself, you will see multiple posts that include the likes of

"awesome raw"
    "best raw since 2004"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

It's a good thing WWE only depends on America for it's PPV buys then...... oh :eek:

Eh, being a wrestling fan - it was a brilliant night to be an American from Miami, then great to be American, and absolute sh!t if you aren't.

Advertisement