Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 02/05 *Spoilers (Extreme Rules results included)

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

jaykhunter wrote: »
    It's a good thing WWE only depends on America for it's PPV buys then...... oh :eek:

Eh, being a wrestling fan - it was a brilliant night to be an American from Miami, then great to be American, and absolute sh!t if you aren't.

well i don't think last night is going to affect international buys either way, anyway any international wwe fan knows vince and his company are incredibly patriotic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Not gonna lie, I really enjoyed that Raw. Rock has been a hero of mine since I was 11 years old, so I thoroughly enjoyed seeing him get "rimjobbed" for 2 hours, as you've put it! Just wish my birthdays were that good :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

its amazing just how poor raw is compared to the nitro's/raws of the mid - late 90s.

its just not good anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Hehe, unforseen circumstances of my videos; no one will believe me again in topics like this :P
    Still, wait and see...

We waited, we saw no batista, safe to say your sources aren't great :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

DOC09UNAM wrote: »

His "source" had probably never met Mason Ryan before!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

DOC09UNAM wrote: »

Well, obviously cause it was reported, Vince thought the surprise was gone so changed his plans.

That, and blame Wrestlezone and those news sites, not me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

GTR63 wrote: »
    I can't see what they'll do with Swags & McIntyre on raw.

They will probably stick as a tag-team and feud with Kane/Big show for a while.

They can be called....... Swaggintyre :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Jazzy wrote: »
    its amazing just how poor raw is compared to the nitro's/raws of the mid - late 90s.

its just not good anymore

You really need to rewatch those 3 hour 1998/1999 Nitros.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Kharma was booked well again, I'm interested to find out why she is seemingly attacking just the heels?

kar·ma/ˈkärmə/Noun
    1. (in Hinduism and Buddhism) The sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.
    2. Destiny or fate, following as effect from cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Monday's WWE Raw drew a 3.45 rating, which is down slightly from the 3.47 rating that the WWE Draft edition of the show last week. The first hour of the show drew a 3.6 rating with 5.4 million viewers, and the second hour dropped to a 3.3 rating with 5.0 million viewers.

Powell's POV: WWE can't be happy with that number. Granted, it was only down slightly from the WWE Draft, but they had to have higher expectations with The Rock returning. Rock returning so quickly after WrestleMania could be an issue, but it's worth noting that the interest in the Osama Bin Laden death story may have drew some regular viewers to news channels.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article10018273.shtml

Solid number but with all the effort they put into getting all the celebs it's not exactly earth shattering is it?

Also it was Masters first week on Raw since the draft so that should have spiked some interest as well.

Odd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

People were probably watching the news or still celebrating

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Or maybe everyone realised how shít Raw has become and gave up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

drayme wrote: »
    You really need to rewatch those 3 hour 1998/1999 Nitros.

its all about nitro circa 97... ooooooohhhhhh yeah, macho madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

GTR63 wrote: »
    Looks like Mason Ryan is going out on his own.My advise is CM Punk should introduce him to Straight Edge. Jesus these happy birthday wishes are apocalyptically bad.

I bet Matista will get a title shot before Punk :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Jonathan Coachman taking a cheap shot at WWE on his twitter:
    Best Raw in 5 years.Wow.Savor these nights.Greats don't come around everyday.I think if you have watched long enough you know that.

Doesn't sound like he was taking a cheap shot, unless he hates The Rock and patriotism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Charisteas wrote: »
    Doesn't sound like he was taking a cheap shot, unless he hates The Rock and patriotism.

Well it sounded like he was basically saying that there has bee no good Raw in the past 5 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Thats not sarcasm at all.:confused:

Well it sounded like he was basically saying that there has bee no good Raw in the past 5 years!

Maybe I mis-interpreted it.

But like Rossie1975 said earlier, a lot of people in American forums were also saying it was the best Raw in years.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

CMpunked wrote: »
    Thats not sarcasm at all.:confused:

I think it was a back-handed complement, like 'well done' but 'you're usually pants' :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

could it mean that greats means just the rock, and in the sense great ones (there hasnt been another rock since rock left.) have been far and few between?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I thought it was a genuinely terrible Raw. Kharma and Kelly Kelly was the only saving grace.

Their use of The Rock was terrible.

This Raw was a write-off.

I don't have a problem with the majority of the show being dedicated to The Rock and pro-USA, but the timing was terrible as now they only have two more Raws before the next PPV.

I suppose we can't blame Vince Macmahon for the date of Rock's birthday or the death of Bin Laden, but we're going to get a ton of rushed booking in the next 2 weeks.

Advertisement