Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planet X SL Pro Carbon SRAM Rival

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I would say definitely the medium at your height..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Plastik

I'm 6 1 and have a large ordered. I called out and tried one out first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

I'm just over 5' 10" and have the Large, suits me perfectly, for nearly 2 1/2 years now, but in saying that, it does depend on leg length/torso etc, I had to got through few stems to get really comfortable. their guide is quite spot on, and you, like me, are borderline between M & L

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Gasco

Am 5' 10 and use the medium. I like a bike with a shorter top tube. Because of the compact geometry my bike does show a lot of seat post and has quite a drop from the saddle to the bars (I think about 7 cm, and that is with a few spacers under the stem).

There are a few boardsies using PXs might be good to see if you can get a test spin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭jamesd

Looking at going for a Planet X SL Pro Carbon SRAM Rival - I am 89KG -should it be stong enough for my weight? Im coming off using a kellys hybrid bike for road and a mountain bike for off road.

Will be using the Bike to Work scheme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭paulo6891

Does anyone know what weight the SL Pro (Rival) is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭ratracer

jamesd wrote: »
    Looking at going for a Planet X SL Pro Carbon SRAM Rival - I am 89KG -should it be stong enough for my weight? Im coming off using a kellys hybrid bike for road and a mountain bike for off road.

I was 90kg when i got mine, i'm now 85kg as a result. Never had a problem with the bike. I have an Ultegra groupset, not that it matters to the weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭padjo5

Im 6ft and have the large. As previous poster says the frames themselves allow for plenty of alteration using seatpost/stems etc.....either medium or large would probably work but why not sit up on both when you are in the shop to see how they feel?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭alexanderomahon

jamesd wrote: »

No problem what so ever. I'm 6ft and started at 95k, now 90k

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭jamesd

Thanks for the answers , going to have a look tomorrow in a bike shop in Galway and see what they have to offer as Planet X was the only place I looked yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement