Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno XVIII SSF4 tournament - Saturday May 14th - Exchange Dublin, Temple Bar

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

Interesting to note- the brianvondoom channel has had approx 1,500 views since the inferno XVIII videos went up.

Someone's watching- I'm not sure who as it takes a while for the finer details to filter through. But viewing wise, this was by far the most successful Inferno we've ever had.

I also haven't said thanks to Konata yet, she did an excellent job with the volume levels, it makes me cringe when I am not at the desk and there's horrible distortion/ no volume on a mike so it was lovely to hear. Thanks :)

I watch them all when you put them up. The commentating and quality of video is great. The SSF4 play standard is top notch also.

Looking forward to EVO qualifiers and the finals. This year is going to be massive with the amount of people playing fighting games at the mo. If I was better I would enter but I don't have the time at the moment to practice and when I do I am spread over too many games with too many characters to give anyone a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

eco2live wrote: »
    I watch them all when you put them up. The commentating and quality of video is great. The SSF4 play standard is top notch also.

Looking forward to EVO qualifiers and the finals. This year is going to be massive with the amount of people playing fighting games at the mo. If I was better I would enter but I don't have the time at the moment to practice and when I do I am spread over too many games with too many characters to give anyone a good game.

You should come anyway. It promises to be a good day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I am spread over too many games with too many characters to give anyone a good game.

This is pretty much me as well dude, you should come anyway.

95% of my time recently has been spent playing Monster Hunter. That certainly doesn't carry over at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

Someone's watching- I'm not sure who as it takes a while for the finer details to filter through. But viewing wise, this was by far the most successful Inferno we've ever had.

Its because the community is growing, i was invited into this community around a month ago, now after i started to go to casuals and tournaments my mates and people from school are getting interested in street fighter. :p
    hope this community will grow even bigger !:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Interesting to note- the brianvondoom channel has had approx 1,500 views since the inferno XVIII videos went up.

I also haven't said thanks to Konata yet, she did an excellent job with the volume levels, it makes me cringe when I am not at the desk and there's horrible distortion/ no volume on a mike so it was lovely to hear. Thanks :)

Great quality play, recording and commentating. I know I watch them all regularly to try and improve my play.
    If I was better I would enter but I don't have the time at the moment to practice and when I do I am spread over too many games with too many characters to give anyone a good game.

This, with lack of time as well. I'm determined to get better over the summer this year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Great commentary and some excellent matches there. Just listening to the commentary makes me realize just how much I have to learn regarding match-ups in general. The players know what was safe and what was not, and the commentary team also knew this.

Must start reading more!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Great commentary and some excellent matches there. Just listening to the commentary makes me realize just how much I have to learn regarding match-ups in general. The players know what was safe and what was not, and the commentary team also knew this.

Must start reading more!

Start with thinking about what you're always able to punish when you play your own character.

In general thats a good start. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

ladnopoka wrote: »
    Its because the community is growing, i was invited into this community around a month ago, now after i started to go to casuals and tournaments my mates and people from school are getting interested in street fighter. :p
    hope this community will grow even bigger !:cool:

I wish I could say the same lol. My mates at school roll their eyes at me when I bring it up. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

If they don't like Street fighter, they aren't very good mates :D

Advertisement