Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno XVIII SSF4 tournament - Saturday May 14th - Exchange Dublin, Temple Bar

Options
  • 28-04-2011 6:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭

After an excruciating month and a half absence, Inferno returns to its rightful place at Exchange Dublin this May! In a slight deviation from our usual schedule, the tournament will be held on the 2nd Saturday of the month, the 14th - please take note and don't show up a week early!

Registration will begin at 12:00 and the tournament itself at 13:00. We should be finished up around 18:00.

Entry fee: 15 euro (10 euro goes to prize pool, 5 to venue rental/equipment expenses)

The format is groups into a top 16 double elimination bracket. All matches played are best of 3 in groups and in the top 16 bracket. We’ll be running on 360 and PS3 (though the vast majority will be 360). Seeding is done based on the last 3 tournament results. Please bring your own controller!

As usual, we hugely appreciate anyone who can bring equipment along (consoles, monitors/TVs, etc.).

Inferno XVIII: It's about damn time.

streetfighter.ie link: http://streetfighter.ie/index.php/2011/04/28/inferno-xviii-ssf4-tournament-exchange-dublin-temple-bar-14th-may-2011/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Won't be there; exams.

Will eagerly await results and vids. Until the Eurovision starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i'll be in vegas. :( or more like :):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Shall be there like a trooper. I hope.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Gah! I was in Dublin on the second Saturday of the month for the last 3 Infernos), and missed the inferno by a week.

And the one month that Inferno actually falls on the second Saturday, I'll be in Dublin for the first Saturday.

Drat and Double Drat!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Gah! I was in Dublin on the second Saturday of the month for the last 3 Infernos), and missed the inferno by a week.

And the one month that Inferno actually falls on the second Saturday, I'll be in Dublin for the first Saturday.

Drat and Double Drat!

You can head to the Marvel tourney instead!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    You can head to the Marvel tourney instead!

Oh crud, was hoping for SF/MK casuals that day! MVC3, I spit at thee!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Oh crud, was hoping for SF/MK casuals that day! MVC3, I spit at thee!

I'm sure both will be there in casual form, there was some SF being played at the last MVC3/BB tourney.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I'll be at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Should be able to attend, so easy group for me please.........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Never been to Dublin for a tourney before. Anyone else from Cork thinking of heading up? Could justify the trip if they still had TEs in that HMV, can anyone confirm this? Also would I be going far out of my way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Should be there, had to find this thread for a newcomer. He was wondering about our any SSF4 tournies coming up and wanted to participate. Infernos our next big Tourny and I had to dig this out.
    Can we get a rules and Regs up for newcomers plz, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

GorySnake wrote: »
    I'll see, its quite close to my exams

Same story here, dont want to miss the last Super tournament though.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

I will be there :D

I'll be bringing my xbox.

Looking forward to this seeing as I missed the last inferno.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Alas, despite Cobelcog pointing out that this will be the last time I get to abuse Rose's U2, I shant be able to make it up this month.
    Rest assured that with my months of training down here I would have beaten you all brutally.
    mackg wrote: »
    Never been to Dublin for a tourney before. Anyone else from Cork thinking of heading up? Could justify the trip if they still had TEs in that HMV, can anyone confirm this? Also would I be going far out of my way?
    It's not a huge distance from where the bus leaves you off. It's across the river and to the West a bit.
    Here's where you want to end up: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=The+Exchange+Ltd,+Dublin,+Ireland&aq=0&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=38.826758,79.013672&ie=UTF8&hq=The+Exchange+Ltd,&hnear=Dublin,+County+Fingal,+Ireland&ll=53.344755,-6.268108&spn=0.00358,0.009645&z=17&layer=c&cbll=53.344753,-6.268113&panoid=Kf82ZZo4XFSpu5WY9OMBmQ&cbp=12,226.6,,0,10.91

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'll be there.

Last tourney to see if I achieve anything with pre-buffed Deejay :D

Dreddy if you can bring in that octo as well that would be sweet!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm hoping to be there, have a relative in hospital though so it's no sure thing.

This reminds me of the hype of the last vanilla tournament.

If I recall, it was the tournament where Azza said I wasn't up to the level of the other top 8. Then I beat him. And Chunkis, twice, playing vanilla Sagat with vanilla Guile, who them slammed his stick down, immortalized on the old Doomcam. I remember him talking to me later going "that just doesn't happen".

Onion managed to score a win on me with Honda which was no mean feat for him at the time, and if I recall Ken B scored an epic win over Roogle after the little "no one's getting any better" thing.

Was this the tournament of Dreddy's epic random against Talant where he got Gief and went on to win after he lost the first fight too?

We all get on WAAAAY too well these days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Was this the tournament of Dreddy's epic random against Talant where he got Gief and went on to win after he lost the first fight too?

I was trying to think what tourney that was the other day. It was awesome XD

Found it.

Oooooh this was during my experimental phase trying to make the videos look better.

Pro tip: Buying a hauppage makes videos look better.

I'm feeling all hype for inferno now :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'll be coming along to this, may as well pay my dues to Honda before he becomes F Tier with a final hurrah. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Should be there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Wont be there, unfortunately falls right in the middle of my exams :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

blag wrote: »
    Wont be there, unfortunately falls right in the middle of my exams :(

Priorities. You have them all wrong :pac:

Good luck in the exams man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Will be skipping this one, saving money for the evo qualifier.

I'll spare you all from the combos for now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Super dynamic cooking time

You coming up ramza? Do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I've recently moved and cannot find my notepad with all the seeding points in it, so I've taken the standings from before XVII and added the results of XVII and got this as a seed list:

Rank Name
    1st Cobelcog
    2nd DooM
    3rd Stevo
    4th Hound
    5th Dreddy
    6th Bush
    7th KenB
    8th Prenelf
    9th Talant
    10th Onion
    11th Gory
    12th Graham
    13th Azza
    14th AJ
    15th Blag
    16th Foamy

I reckon some changes could be made on the day, like if say Kirby or someone who has a history of high finishes shows up, but it's not a bad list.

Any objections, please let me know.

Chopper I think you made a mistake there, there's some scrub in the no 1 position instead of me.

Placebo wrote: »
    i'll be in vegas. :( or more like :):pac:

Good luck in the 21 grand PDP tourney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I've recently moved and cannot find my notepad with all the seeding points in it, so I've taken the standings from before XVII and added the results of XVII and got this as a seed list:

Rank Name
    1st Cobelcog
    2nd DooM
    3rd Stevo
    4th Hound
    5th Dreddy
    6th Bush
    7th KenB
    8th Prenelf
    9th Talant
    10th Onion
    11th Gory
    12th Graham
    13th Azza
    14th AJ
    15th Blag
    16th Foamy

I reckon some changes could be made on the day, like if say Kirby or someone who has a history of high finishes shows up, but it's not a bad list.

Any objections, please let me know.

I'll be there but there is zero chance of another high finish from me. :D I have barely played any SF over the last two months. The lack of inferno's had me playing alot of fifa instead. The only fighting game i've been playing has been MK9 :p

Advertisement