Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tGC Beers - This Saturday - The Longstone - 9ish - All Welcome

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Some time in June
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Normally it's considered odd if it's less than 3 inches :pac:
    Ah now thats just mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Friday 27th May
    But I wanna go drinking soon! :( and yes guys can get away with heels,though might be a bit odd if its more than 3inches :pac:

My Whelans night sounds better now, doesn't it? :pac:

Some time in June
    My Whelans night sounds better now, doesn't it? :pac:
    When's that on then? More importantly will there be hot naked men there? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

I may attend, so put me on tequila and there may very well be one at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Or ye could just wear sensible shoes.:pac:

I do have sensible mini heels! :P
    Can't wear high heels anymore due to breaking my ankle and not getting it seen to properly >.<
    I may attend, so put me on tequila and there may very well be one at least.

*brings camera and blackmail paperwork*

• Advertisement

Friday 27th May

20th of May. I can't promise hot naked men. I may get drunk though and naked. That wouldn't be very hot though :pac:

Some time in June
    Toni we should start a club! A club that makes sensible but nice shoes! Pk I may venture to this.though the 20th is feckin ages away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Some time in June
    I'm down for whenever as long as there is beer. I do like against the grain, it's a craft beer pub and also the bull and castle. Yummy yummy beer

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Will wrote: »
    I'm down for whenever as long as there is beer. I do like against the grain, it's a craft beer pub and also the bull and castle. Yummy yummy beer

I like this idea and seem to remember that *someone* owes me a beer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Friday 27th May
    Just out having a waft and thinkin.May and June are going well with June in ze lead.It could potentially mean two nights.One for Long Stone + Doyles and one for Wilbur's suggestion above.Just putting it out there.I also may be getting a bit drunk at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Some time in June
    Stheno wrote: »
    I like this idea and seem to remember that *someone* owes me a beer :D

Do I owe you beer? Have we met? Oh my
    Just out having a waft and thinkin.May and June are going well with June in ze lead.It could potentially mean two nights.One for Long Stone + Doyles and one for Wilbur's suggestion above.Just putting it out there.I also may be getting a bit drunk at the minute.

As long as it's in the middle of june. im attending tattoo conventions at the beginning and end of june so will not be available as i'll be in cork. I'm one step ahead, I am drunk.

Friday 27th May
    Damn you Black Heart!

*shakes fist

Mid June works as the first weekend is ze bank holiday anyway.

21st of May is the Heineken Cup final lads so by the time a late evening meetup rolls around you may not be able to spell your own face :D

Some time in June
    I am in favour of two beerses. Let it occur!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Two beers is definitely better than 1 :D
    May and June beers it is \o/

Though I guess the simple option for figuring out what weekend works best in June is basically, whoever voted for June pop up what weekends during that month work for them! :)

So to kick it off I'll be fit for any of those weekends during that month-the 4th, 11th, 18th or 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Saturday 28th May
    Give me your face multiple beers. :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Some time in June
    Just out having a waft and thinkin.May and June are going well with June in ze lead.I.
    Just on that, the poll is a bit lopsided as the poll doesn't have June broken down into various different dates - more people have voted for dates in May!

Some time in June
    Oh dear.does this mean poor otis must start another thread? Will he be able to alter this one to include june dates? Stay tuned to find out...

Oh dear.does this mean poor otis must start another thread? Will he be able to alter this one to include june dates? Stay tuned to find out...

Why the hell this came immediately to mind upon reading that post I'll never know. A June one does sound decent though.

Friday 27th May

I will just get one of my lackeys to do it for me.

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Friday 27th May
    :)

yeah well the night i broke my ankle i was wearing completely flat runners, so aint taking no chances with heels. though yes i must go shoe shopping. you guys have no idea how hard it is to find nice flat shoes :(

I hear ya!

The last time I wore heels over say 3 inches I got stopped at the door of a bar, because the bouncer saw me trying to walk and thought I was twisted! I then had to take them off to demonstrate my sobriety....

None of my friends understand my non-obsession over shoes, but I really just don't get it! I'm 5'10' so I figure I'm tall enough already, I don't need sore feet as well as a sore neck from bending down to talk to my >5'5 friends!:p

That said, 2 or 3 inches I can deal with...and it does give me a bit of a wiggle in the oul hips - although I'm not sure whether that's a confidence thing or more a case of me trying to balance myself....!!!:pac:

Oh and back to the topic... if Will and a few of the ladies are going to this I'll go too, if welcome :) I've missed the last few boards beers, and that weekend in May is the week after payday so it's super awesome timing! I tend to do the prince/pauper thing for the month, 2 weeks of indulgence and 2 weeks of poverty......:p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Some time in June
    G86 wrote: »
    I hear ya!

The last time I wore heels over say 3 inches I got stopped at the door of a bar, because the bouncer saw me trying to walk and thought I was twisted! I then had to take them off to demonstrate my sobriety....

None of my friends understand my non-obsession over shoes, but I really just don't get it! I'm 5'10' so I figure I'm tall enough already, I don't need sore feet as well as a sore neck from bending down to talk to my >5'5 friends!:p

That said, 2 or 3 inches I can deal with...and it does give me a bit of a wiggle in the oul hips - although I'm not sure whether that's a confidence thing or more a case of me trying to balance myself....!!!:pac:

Oh and back to the topic... if Will and a few of the ladies are going to this I'll go too, if welcome :) I've missed the last few boards beers, and that weekend in May is the week after payday so it's super awesome timing! I tend to do the prince/pauper thing for the month, 2 weeks of indulgence and 2 weeks of poverty......:p

I'm going ! We can buddy up :cool:

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Friday 27th May
    bluewolf wrote: »
    I'm going ! We can buddy up :cool:

Can I buddy up with you two Wolfie if I go?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Some time in June
    Can I buddy up with you two Wolfie if I go?

Hmmmm
    *eyes morrigan*
    I duno...

yes of course :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Friday 27th May
    I have been sick the last two gentlemen beers I intended to attend, here is hoping I stay healthy for once.

Some time in June
    What's this buddying up about? We're all going to the same place no?

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Friday 27th May
    bluewolf wrote: »
    Hmmmm
    *eyes morrigan*
    I duno...

yes of course :D:D

YAY :D

Friday 27th May

Sounds like some sort of kinky sex game to me :pac:

Hopefully 2 nights out doesn't dilute them into half going to one and half going to the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Friday 27th May

True but many people are a little nervous if they don't know anyone previously so plenty of people buddy up before beers. Sure I end up going I will definitely make a beeline for anyone I recognise prefer getting my mingle on once comfortably settled, ie drunk. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Will there be women there?!?

Advertisement