Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tGC Beers - This Saturday - The Longstone - 9ish - All Welcome

Options
  • 27-04-2011 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭

Alrighty guys.

tGC Beers has been set for Saturday the 21st of May kicking off at approx 9.00 PM.

The venue to start of with is The Long Stone,here is locator for those that arent sure where its at.

Location.

The plan is then to head for Doyles which is about 3 minutes walk from The Long Stone and is a late bar for all you beer monsters.

As always,everyone is welcome,regular posters and lurkers alike.

What night suits you best? 65 votes

Friday 13th May
    0%
    Saturday 14th May
    18%
    Unknownthe_sycoPepe LeFritsDravokivichThe GnomeWillDr GalenDordstupidusernameMoragparker kenttomplaya 12 votes
    Friday 20th May
    15%
    Unknownthe_sycoDravokivichWillDr Galencoffee_cakestupidusernameMoragparker kenttomplaya 10 votes
    Saturday 21st May
    15%
    UnknownPepe LeFritsDravokivichThe GnomeWillDr GalenDordPanthrostupidusernameparker kent 10 votes
    Friday 27th May
    21%
    UnknownMaguinedPepe LeFritsDravokivichWillDr Galencoffee_cakeGalvaseanG86PanthroOtis Driftwoodstupidusernameparker kentThe_Morrigan 14 votes
    Saturday 28th May
    18%
    UnknownPepe LeFritsGilloThe GnomeWillDr GalenDordGalvaseanCDfmstupidusernametomplayapetebricquette 12 votes
    Some time in June
    10%
    UnknownPepe LeFritsWillDr Galencoffee_cakestupidusernametomplaya 7 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Saturday 28th May
    *taps foot*

I see no poll! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Friday 27th May
    Its there now.Its a pain in the face as the option to add the poll doesnt seem to be there until after you submit the thread.>.<

For those voting for June,bear in mind the first weekend in June - 3rd and 4th is a Bank Holiday weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

For those voting for June,bear in mind the first weekend in June - 3rd and 4th is a Bank Holiday weekend.

This is even better though.....extra day to recover :pac:

Friday 27th May
    The point was that a lorra lorra people tend to go away for the June Bank Holiday!

Just on that,the only date I categorically cannot do is the 27th/28th as Im on a stag that weekend.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Friday 27th May
    No one has voted for'em yet, ya can delete'em ;P

Edit:
    Just had to open my big mouth didn't I :pac:

• Advertisement

Saturday 28th May
    Ok, voted. I'm good for any Friday in May... nothing booked in for the mo that I know about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Friday 27th May
    This may alter some people's voting, Champions League Final is on Saturday 28th May.

Saturday 28th May
    This may alter some people's voting, Champions League Final is on Saturday 28th May.

The what now? :confused:

Yeah, that's not an issue for me. :p

Friday 27th May
    Also are we using proportional representation in this system...some date will get eliminated and then 2nd preferences will be distributed until we have a winner? :pac:

Friday 27th May

Meh,as I said above,I will be on a stag anyway.It looks like United will be in it so that also makes me a happy panda.

• Advertisement

Friday 27th May
    Dord wrote: »
    The what now? :confused:

Yeah, that's not an issue for me. :p

Well even if you don't like football (which is a cardinal sin btw :pac:), every bar will packed out that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Saturday 28th May
    Also are we using proportional representation in this system...some date will get eliminated and then 2nd preferences will be distributed until we have a winner? :pac:

I approve of this system.

Doubt the poor mods will though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Free for them all, until I check my work schedule and discover I'm in Belfast :D

Jaysus checked the schedule, not the 20th of May, all other dates are fine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Saturday 28th May
    Since when did women get the Vote :eek:

Friday 27th May
    Spent ages yesterday wondering why the 20th May meant something to me. Realised I have a friend whose band is playing Whelans that night. So I'll have to show my face there. Though you can all pay in and watch them as well ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Some time in June
    CDfm wrote: »
    Since when did women get the Vote :eek:

quiet you. go make me a ..... shelf..? :confused::pac:
    Spent ages yesterday wondering why the 20th May meant something to me. Realised I have a friend whose band is playing Whelans that night. So I'll have to show my face there. Though you can all pay in and watch them as well ;):D

i'm going to go with no on that one

:pac:

Saturday 28th May
    quiet you. go make me a ..... shelf..? :confused::pac:

that is low - very low :o

Friday 27th May
    i'm going to go with no on that one

:pac:

10 euro in. I'll introduce you all to the band too. Will be some RTE "personalities" there as well. Coz you know, I'm cool and that's how I roll :cool::pac:

Saturday 28th May
    CDfm wrote: »
    that is low - very low :o

I knew you were one of us short men, but could you not use a step ladder to put the shelf up higher?

Saturday 28th May
    Galvasean wrote: »
    I knew you were one of us short men, but could you not use a step ladder to put the shelf up higher?

And who would stop her kicking the stepladder.

Hell hath no fury like a woman parking

• Advertisement

Saturday 28th May
    It's ok lads, calm down... calm down! I'll take the stuff down from the high shelf. :D:pac:

Some time in June
    10 euro in. I'll introduce you all to the band too. Will be some RTE "personalities" there as well. Coz you know, I'm cool and that's how I roll :cool::pac:

Ah,still on no thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

So where's this meetup happening then? Clare is it?

Friday 27th May
    Clare eh.

Hmmmm.

Hows about we put that in the maybe column.

:)

On that actually it might not be any harm to start suggesting potential venues.

The last one was in Solas so I think this time around maybe have it somewhere quieter.

Places like Doyles.Kinda old manish bars but not too old manish if that makes sense.

Some time in June
    Yes! Old mannish pub:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Ya know for Sat 21st May it says 9 people voted....why can I only see 8 names? :confused:

As for places....

TP Smiths the one on Jervis.
    Whelans never been but it's meant to be good
    Sub Lounge/O'Reillys this place I like, cheap and good music and the bar does promotions each hour of different shots :pac:
    The Grand Social near the Ha'penny bridge thingy
    On the other side of that same Bridge is the Gypse Rose bar
    Doyles been there for beers before and was good spot :)

Oh and there is another pub we went to for the comedy beers....I'll dig out the name of it now in a bit.
    EDIT: here we go! the name of it is Peadar Kearneys

That's all I can think of right now!

Friday 27th May
    Reason for only 8 people showing is because I think that non reggies can vote so their vote shows up.Bit of a glitch in the matrix tbh.

Saturday 28th May
    That or mods tipping the scales.. George Bush wins :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Friday 27th May
    ToniTuddle wrote: »
    The Grand Social near the Ha'penny bridge thingy

t's just a bridge, nothing else :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Galvasean wrote: »

Scared of heights maybe? Short and scared of heights, how bad is that?

Advertisement