Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best chipper in your opinion

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dudmis

Yep, Pinetos are doing it - I was in there last week and they mentioned it. But, try to get in before 5 cause they said last year, the queue went all the way down Church Rd once 5pm hit!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Jokers
    Queue was about 30 minutes - well worth it though, it was the best cod chips I had in years, never mind the price. Well done Pinetos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Vue

Queue was about 30 minutes - well worth it though, it was the best cod chips I had in years, never mind the price. Well done Pinetos.

People really need to get a grip of themselves if they were willing to queue for 30 minutes just to get fish and chips at half price! that's a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Vue wrote: »
    People really need to get a grip of themselves if they were willing to queue for 30 minutes just to get fish and chips at half price! that's a joke!

No, its not a joke. Fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

Not the biggest fan of fish and chips, but went in yesterday and saw a poster in Pinetos that Xtravision were doing 2 movies plus 2 cans plus a popcorn for a fiver, so had a great a lovely dinner with some cheap movies afterwards. Well worth queing for!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Sweeney's

i thought this myself...i arrived down and saw the massive queue and left.... didn't fancy waiting for 30 mins to save myself 4 or 5 euro....

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Jokers
    jobless wrote: »
    i thought this myself...i arrived down and saw the massive queue and left.... didn't fancy waiting for 30 mins to save myself 4 or 5 euro....

We saw it as waiting an extra 15 mins to save a tenner. It was definitely a long wait, but we don't get fish and chips too often and the wait only enhanced the enjoyment. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Vue

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    No, its not a joke. Fair play to them.

Yeh like I know it's money off and all, but seriously like! If it was half price milk day, would you queue outside supervalu for a half an hour? doubt it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Yeh like I know it's money off and all, but seriously like! If it was half price milk day, would you queue outside supervalu for a half an hour? doubt it!

Get a grip, where is this going.
    Pinetos were selling fish and chips at half price. Supervalu were not selling milk at half price.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Atari Jaguar burger and chips
    Henry & Rose Tons of Chips :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 the_bigman

None of them ever put enough vinegar on.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

the_bigman wrote: »
    None of them ever put enough vinegar on.

Then ask them to put loads on :p

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭the Lamb Post

Henry & Rose, Kilcoole
    Sweeneys for fish.
    Pinetos for Burgers.
    Jokers for chips.

Dinner costs a fortune in our house.... but it's mostly on petrol costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭sawfish

Does anybody have the number for Sweeney`s by the sea chipper? Cant find it anywhere..

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭karl75

want to add milanos down bray seafront at the junction with putland road great food and you get tons of chips you will go back

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

The 2 chippers in Newtown are great. I was down there on Mon evening and Marios was shut so I tried the one a few doors up from it. I was really impressed. 7 eur for fish and chips and it was top notch. I'll be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

Can't beat Eddie Rockets home delivery for a good burger.

Ricardo's (Pizzas & Cream) do a decent burger also.

Chips from Henry & Rose are the best but can also be tempted by the Tasty Chips at Jokers

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

karl75 wrote: »
    want to add milanos down bray seafront at the junction with putland road great food and you get tons of chips you will go back
    Milanos? I'm confused, is that close to Cassoni's chipper? Or is is the new Cassoni's?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 walnut grove

Henry & Rose, Kilcoole
    Joe Sweeney's is savage :) drowned in vinegar too. So good in fact, I'm gonna go there now lol

Advertisement