Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish players abroad

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

Ed Joyce on the verge of reaching 11,000 first class runs. Next match should do it

Joyce made 29 and 84 vs Somerset

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Niall has got his County Cap at Northamptonshire. Hes not playing today against Scotland.

Head Coach David Capel: “There have been a few players who have been playing some very good cricket this year. Niall in particular has come back into form. This is his 5th season with us and his time has sometimes been interrupted through injury, international commitments et cetera. He’s come back and played a strong hand at the start of the season for us. Add that to performances over the past four seasons and he fully deserves his cap. Congratulations to Niall, it’s wonderful to see him perform so well."

DSCN216711-052233.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

A County cap is it given for good performances?, or how is it earned exactly?, if someone can help me out here,

and Niall was out of today's game with a knock to the hand, does anyone know if he will be okay for the Pakistan games?, :confused:...

40 over games today
    Porterfield 80 put on 144 for the first wicket
    Joyce 14

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bazzmundo

Cremated wrote: »
    A County cap is it given for good performances?, or how is it earned exactly?, if someone can help me out here,

and Niall was out of today's game with a knock to the hand, does anyone know if he will be okay for the Pakistan games?, :confused:...
    Being 'Capped' is an old tradition which basically means that your a senior player. Time and contibution is how you earn it. Back in the day there'd be seperate dressing rooms for capped an uncapped players and everything!

Limited interest I should think, but if anyone has an Android Mobile phone, the ECB app is quite good for following up the County scores in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gumbynation

KOB made 39 and 61 for the gloucestershire 2nd XI in their T20 comp this week. Was unlucky to be runout for 14 for the 1st XI game by all accounts as well.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2011/engine/current/match/492113.html

is it me or does it say Porterfield played in this game and got out for four runs but didn't play in the second innings?, and Rankin also played in the first innings but not in the second,

they didn't even appear on the list, I thought Porterfield was with Ireland, can a player play one innings then have the 12th man play the second?,

just seems rather strange to me :)...

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Cremated wrote: »
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2011/engine/current/match/492113.html

is it me or does it say Porterfield played in this game and got out for four runs but didn't play in the second innings?, and Rankin also played in the first innings but not in the second,

they didn't even appear on the list, I thought Porterfield was with Ireland, can a player play one innings then have the 12th man play the second?,

just seems rather strange to me :)...

Apparently himself and Rankin were allowed play for the first 2 days and then be replaced because they were going to join up with the Irish squad. Strange :confused:

• Advertisement

So it wasn't just me :), yeah it does seem weird that they were allowed to do this, I'm just happy they got through the two days without injury, also Joyce didn't play for Sussex at all :),

now just wrap them all up in cotton wool till the series is over :)...

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jimmynippy

Great knock by Porterfield tonight.Looks in great nick.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SD7792

Indeed. Wish he could have had that form in stormont last week. Good knock from KOB also batting at 2 which was interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SD7792

Another good knock from Porterfield this evening of 64. Looks in fine form (according to the stats anyway).

Look forward to seeing what Stirling can do for Middlesex tonight..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Duck for Stirling in today's game, anyone know when N'OB will be back?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭wicorthered

Big Kev at it again, 100 off 44 balls for Glous

119 from 52 balls -7x4's 11x6's, 228.84-S/R for Kevin O'Brien, and Hamish Marshall with 102 from 54 balls - 11x4's 4x6's, 188.88- S/R, some top class hitting there...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Another good knock from KOB yesterday. An unbeaten 43 from 24 balls batting at 6.

Strange that he didn't open the batting as before following the century. Ultimately that seemed to have cost them the match as his runs were too little to push the total on. Guys batting above him hitting 11 from 19. Odd in a reduced overs (16) match.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

jiggychoo wrote: »
    Big ken is a wonderful player. I simply like his batting.

Emm, who?

Kev comes straight back into the team for Gloucestershire, 58 from 29 balls, why do they have him bat at 5 again :confused:...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

81 for Niall O' in a losing effort against Scotland, good win for the Netherlands too.

In other news the Sri Lankan 20/20 was postponed for this year, very disappointing for Big Ken, he's averaging 30 for Glos so far with a strike rate of 161, hitting 36 fours and 21 sixes, the combined number of sixes from the rest of the team is ~28 :eek:

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/gloucestershire/engine/records/batting/highest_career_batting_average.html?class=6;id=2011;team=1085;type=season

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Dockrell 3 wickets for 27 off his full 8 overs in his (i think) competitive debut for Somerset today, very impressive stuff.

Also Ed Joyce gets his second CB40 century in recent games,

120 from 74 balls, 10x4's and 5x6's with a S/R of 162.16,

and in his last game against Worcestershire he also got 101 from 89 balls, he likes playing Worcestershire it seems :D...

might be best to phrase it as his competitive debut for them in england, he played for them in the caribean in a t20 competition

Niall O'B has signed on for another 2 years at Northants, head and shoulders above the rest of the team, even with the shaky start back after injury. Delighted they have kept him, and he wasn't poached by one of the bigger teams.

Advertisement