Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm starving in Dublin city centre

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 foxmulerider

try peanut butter sandwiches and boiled eggs with a glass of water and that should cut back somewhat. works for me:pac:.
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/John-Foxs-Massive-Mule-Marathon-of-Ireland/156357044427953?sk=wall

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

If you're in the mood to treat yourself you can always check out the Brick Alley Cafe in Temple Bar. Lovely sandwiches and cakes and always has a lovely relaxed vibe about it.

Mind you I've never been there during the lunchtime rush, it might be a bit busy if you're under pressure to get back to work on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Janneke

One of my favourite lunch-time spots is the Hop House on Parnell Street (opposite Fibber's). Really nice sushi and Korean food, and quite reasonable at lunch-time.

Nyom.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

shawty wrote: »
    You're bank account in thanking you though!! :)

And so is my scale :D

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭shawty

Janneke wrote: »
    One of my favourite lunch-time spots is the Hop House on Parnell Street (opposite Fibber's). Really nice sushi and Korean food, and quite reasonable at lunch-time.

Nyom.

Sweet, will give it go and report back!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Degsy wrote: »
    Jimmy Chungs on Eden Quay..all you can eat chinese,very good food indeed.

I second this, lovely food and 8.95 for all you can eat which incl starters and desserts plus tonnes of main courses.

If you like chipper esque food - Fischiardis on Marlborough St has nearly the best chips in Dublin or Del Rios has a nice all-day brekkie on Marl St too.

Check out The Kingfisher on Parnell St too across from the Ilac Centre - great value restaurant

pithater1 wrote: »
    The Garden of Remembrance is just up the road from you afterall, lovely place for a wee picnic :)

That was todays choice, a great spot with the sun out. Actually my first time in there unusually enough. I'll be going back. Just grabbed some lunch in the Centra across the way. Job!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

That was todays choice, a great spot with the sun out. Actually my first time in there unusually enough. I'll be going back. Just grabbed some lunch in the Centra across the way. Job!!! :)

Good stuff, nothing better than eating your lunch in the park with the sun shining :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Charlies on Dolier St have a midweek deal at the moment. Starter and main off a list of about six or so of each, for 6.50. Pretty good!

I'd second or third Govindas. Great food and one of the few places in town that you can actually relax. Doesn't feel like you'll be rushed out the door.

The Oval on Abbey St, beside Govindas does decent pub grub. Ditto the Lotts on Liffey St and the Church on Mary St

I tend to avoid Temple Bar since lunchtime is just crazy

If you like a kebab, Zaytoon on Parliament St is worth queuing for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

If you're a minute from Henry Street then hop over to the Kylemore on the corner of North Earl/O'Connell Street.

Now that's food.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

There's a new Chinese all you can eat buffet place at the junction of upper liffey st and upper abbey st. In a building formerly know as Jo Jo. 6.95 a head. Havent been in there yet. Any feedback?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Lahm wrote: »
    If you're a minute from Henry Street then hop over to the Kylemore on the corner of North Earl/O'Connell Street.

Now that's food.

Like clockwork!
    Awful, horrible tasting clockwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Cheap options here (I'm a student :o). The Londis on Capel Street has the cheapest roll deals I think. Chicken Fillet and a bottle of Lucozade/Water/Capri Sonne/Can of Coke for €3. The Chipper just up from that, John's I think (very original name) does lunch time specials along the lines of Battered Sausage and Chips for €3.

The Centra up by Bolton Street does (or at least did, haven't been in a while) great student specials (you don't need a student card to avail of them). From what I remember there was half 10" Pepperoni Pizza, portion of wedges and can of coke for €3.

While I'm on the student buzz, pop into one of the DIT college canteens. Nobody will ask you for ID, can be nice and quiet and relatively cheap meals compared to any of the places in town. A girl I used to know was in Cathal Brugha and she said the canteen there was great cause you'd get meals cooked by the Cullinary Arts crowd.

Nevore wrote: »
    Charlies on Dolier St have a midweek deal at the moment. Starter and main off a list of about six or so of each, for 6.50. Pretty good!

That's sounds excellent. Went for the Garden of Remembrance again today anyway!

While I'm on the student buzz, pop into one of the DIT college canteens. Nobody will ask you for ID, can be nice and quiet and relatively cheap meals compared to any of the places in town. A girl I used to know was in Cathal Brugha and she said the canteen there was great cause you'd get meals cooked by the Cullinary Arts crowd.

Hardly get away with that with a shirt and pants ;)??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Hardly get away with that with a shirt and pants ;)??
    Lecturers and visitors from different colleges/industries are always in there, and all wearing the 'three piece cage' ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

+1 on Govindas. Huge portions, lively atmosphere and cheerful staff. Gorgeous food too. Just ask for "everything" heaped on to a Medium plate. The only drawback is the shambolic loo downstairs - but you work nearby, right? Shouldn't be a problem so...

+1 on Govindas. Huge portions, lively atmosphere and cheerful staff. Gorgeous food too. Just ask for "everything" heaped on to a Medium plate. The only drawback is the shambolic loo downstairs - but you work nearby, right? Shouldn't be a problem so...
    A bit of everything but hold the tofu. :v nasty stuff, only thing in there that isn't delish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

There's always tomorrow :)
    if your ever up camden st try cafe sofia does a lovley brekky for a 5er and theres plenty of choices if you want dinner or anything it's owened by a bulgerian guy called VAL who's over 10yrs there great atmosphere as well try it and see for yourself it's right beside the motor bike shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I'd recommend the Kingfisher beside the Rotunda Hospital , food is lovely and great value. I always call in when I'm in town. They do great specials.

• Advertisement

Right I think its clear I need to visit Govindas.. will go this week. :)

And yes I do work close by so noted - no trips to the toilets!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Nevore wrote: »
    A bit of everything but hold the tofu. :v nasty stuff, only thing in there that isn't delish

Do you mean the paneer? In the tomatoey sauce? I love it :)

I hate spinach with a passion and they seem to be putting it in more and more dishes every time I go in. Rotten stuff.

Do you mean the paneer? In the tomatoey sauce? I love it :)

I hate spinach with a passion and they seem to be putting it in more and more dishes every time I go in. Rotten stuff.
    I like paneer. I asked was it paneer or tofu. Was told it was tofu. /shrug
    I'll ask again next time I'm in. Maybe it changes day to day or maybe the girl who served hadn't a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

do they do a nice steak?:pac:

Yep it was pretty good, didn't blow me away but I would def go back :)

I made some rookie mistakes I think, went for the medium plate and just said a bit of everything.

Next time it will be the small plate... huge potions (I should have noted that one) and I'll ask what's on offer and maybe pick a few of them and not all.

Good spot tho :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

...huge potions...

That's magic!:p

Genealogy Forum Mod

Hermy wrote: »
    That's magic!:p

Haha, woops... huge portions with every potion!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

What about this - 28 hours left at 20.00 Thursday

http://www.grabone.ie/dublin

Edit - ah for Gods sake I thought this was a current thread agghhhh

Advertisement