Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm starving in Dublin city centre

Options
  • 26-04-2011 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Moved into town for work recently and I've been fairly unimaginative to date with my lunch location choices..

Im only a minute walk to Henry St.

Any suggestions for some cheap and cheerful lunches for me by any chance??

I've been to "koh" there by the millennium walk way, was really good. Also went to a new Indian (veggie) place on Moore St which was really really good and only a fiver!!

Went to the crepe place in Temple Bar too, way over prices for the average small food I got.

Quick, I'm off for lunch in 15!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭RedXIV

What would you like?

I used to go to the Epicurean food court on liffey street for food? good selection there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Make it to Parnell Street and go to the Woolshed. Brilliant pub grub.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭shawty

Open to any suggestions really... not a fussy eater.

Yep, have been in there. Only thing in there is I feel a bit like it's a factory conveyer belt for seats.. not that relaxed sitting in there for lunch.

Although I haven't sat inside any of the small places in there just keep getting buttitos. Could try something new in there I spose!

Think I should make a list of places to visit!

maximoose wrote: »
    Make it to Parnell Street and go to the Woolshed. Brilliant pub grub.

Nope, will put it on the list ;).. thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Jimmy Chungs on Eden Quay..all you can eat chinese,very good food indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

The Grand Social were doing stew and a roll for a fiver recently, they might still be. The stew is made by the Winding Stair restaurant kitchen, so it should be pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 hXci

If you're feeling adventurous, I was in a great place up on Parnell Street last week- a couple of doors down from The Metro there's an Asian supermarket with a buffet in the back- they give you any three dishes (from a choice of around thirty) in a full tray plus a full tray of boiled rice for a fiver. Its bloody delicious too!

Went for The Whoolshed today... was pretty good. 10er was a small bit pricey but was a really generous portion to be fair. Had chicken wrap which came with loads of Doritos and dip and bowl of Soup.

Thanks for other options there too. Will defo begin to try them all out now.

Actually remembered as I walked by I've been to Bonza Pies in the Ilac too, very tasty!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

A bit late I know, but Boojum beside Koh sell amazing burrittos. I get eth chicken with pinto and guac.

There's always tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

A bit late I know, but Boojum beside Koh sell amazing burrittos. I get eth chicken with pinto and guac.

I second this, a great place for a quick burrito - cheap beer too (although not a good idea during work lunch time)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I'm a fan of Londis deli. The deals are sensational on wedges, sausage rolls, baguettes etc. so you can ensure you are stuffed for less than a fiver!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

The Spanish place on the Abbey St entrance to the Epicurean food hall. You'll get fried chorizo, 2 fried eggs, chips, 2 dips and bread for €5.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Not a fan of the Woolshed.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Not a fan of the Woolshed.

Didn't blow me away but was grand. I was happy out watching the snooker and relaxing too!

I've gotta say the cheapest and most convenient place for me has been the centra just over the half-penny bridge, cheap cheap food and seats to relax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Connolly Station and go to Oslo Bar.
    A carvary that can't be beat in Dublin city centre

And lots of stuff you can order off the menu

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

If i look at the traffic in the morning and afternoon i am glad i am not working in the CC.
    However if i look at the lunch options i f*cking hate working on some remote industrial estate.

And i am hungry now. Grrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

For shame people, for shame. Two pages in and you haven't recommended the fantastic Hi Linn on Capel Street or Ciao Bella Roma on Parliment Street.

Hi Linn - Starter, main course and a drink for €9.95 or a main course for in and around €5.

Ciao Bella Roma - Starter, main and a glass of wine for about €8.

inforfun wrote: »
    If i look at the traffic in the morning and afternoon i am glad i am not working in the CC.
    However if i look at the lunch options i f*cking hate working on some remote industrial estate.

And i am hungry now. Grrrr.

You're bank account in thanking you though!! :)

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭michelledoh

Boojum seconded.
    Also The Boars Head on Capel Street does brilliant lunch, and Wolfes beside it is good too.
    Koh is deadly if a little pricey, what about Yamamori on the Quays?

I got a 2 for 1 for Camile on Phibsboro from lunch.ie there at lunch, 2 for 1 and they deliver aswell. Was deadly!

Edit sorry mylunch.ie
    Link: http://www.mylunch.ie/venue/CamilePhibsborough/143aPhibsboroughRoad/1943

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Apologies if I sound a wee bit cheap here but why not make your own and bring it into work with you? The Garden of Remembrance is just up the road from you afterall, lovely place for a wee picnic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Feeded

The lure of hyperbole. My sensitive side thought that this post was written by someone who was in need of some serious help. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

There's a lovely pie place just in the Ilac Centre, the entrance off Henry Street, between Dunnes and (I think) Debenham's. You get a pie and some mash and gravy. Sound bloke runs the place too. Not too expensive either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Supermacs, it's the obvious choice out whest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

pithater1 wrote: »
    Apologies if I sound a wee bit Jewish here but why not make your own and bring it into work with you? The Garden of Remembrance is just up the road from you afterall, lovely place for a wee picnic :)

How is the rest of your post in any way Jewish? :confused:

How is the rest of your post in any way Jewish? :confused:

He meant not splashing out cash on lunch, rather making your own and bringing it somewhere nice to eat.

Govindas is another good place. Healthy, cheap and filling.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Tongue in cheek folks, apologies if that post was interpreted in the wrong way. What I meant to suggest was that folks shouldn't take my suggestion as being in any way cheap or stingy.

I often find that making my own food and bringing it to work with me is a lot better than spending money on lunch.

Again apologies for any offence caused by the 'Jewish' remark.

pithater1 wrote: »
    Apologies if I sound a wee bit Jewish here but why not make your own and bring it into work with you? The Garden of Remembrance is just up the road from you afterall, lovely place for a wee picnic :)

I'm gonna do that!! It's cheap and it's topical ;)

shawty wrote: »
    I'm gonna do that!! It's cheap and it's topical ;)

Govindas is run by the Hare Krishnas. You could go multi faith while youre at it :)

I only found out recently that they have a free buffet every Sunday evening after chants.

We dont even have a microwave in our place. We have an indian restaurant downstairs. Coming into the smell of curry everymorning is odd compared to the usual rashers & co smell.

Temple bar has a few Italian restaurants that have a starter and main and glass of wine for a tenner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

There's the Noodle Bar on Liffey Street. There's no seats (well, two) but they give you a carton and some chopsticks. Bring it down to the boardwalk on a sunny day and watch the world go by. Very relaxing.

Wagmama is still one of my faves for a nice plate of grub that doesn't make me feel bad about myself. Not sure what the lunchtime atmosphere or price is like.

Cafe Erie in Temple Bar too! Gorgeous sandwiches.

Advertisement