Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 Cooking Club Week 16: Simple Chocolate Fondants

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Do they reheat?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

They wouldn't reheat very well as a fondant but the mixture could be stored in the fridge for a couple of days or in the freezer for a lot longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭pinkieschick

Made these as i said i would for some family and friends they were wonderful thank you so much for sharing this delightful recipe:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Made these over the weekend and they were absolutely delicious. Even the uncooked mix is delicious. We have two left which will be going into the oven later on. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

2 ramekins for €4.50, is that alright or should we expect to pay a bit less? Pyrex versions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

2 ramekins for €4.50, is that alright or should we expect to pay a bit less? Pyrex versions.
    I bought some in Home Stores + More for cheap enough, can't remember the exact price but it certainly didn't break the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

I have ~15 of the at home, the M&S dine for two offer often has deserts which come in small ramekins. They might be slightly too small if you want a big dessert, but they're perfect for condiments and other stuff.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I bought these a couple of weeks ago, 4 for €1.99 and they're brilliant.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8613444/Trail/searchtext%3ERAMEKIN.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

OMG these look great cant wait to try these ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I've made this loads of times now but I've only this scaldy image from my first attempt:

65J6c.jpg

Definitely one of my fav cooking club recipes now though. It delivers so much for the effort and you can prepare it so far in advance too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Night_Prowler

Long time listener first time caller!!

first attempt at a cooking club recipe and it was a big success - we halved the recipe and it just about filled 4 ramekins :)

Added a healthy dollop of ice cream on top to finish - Delish - thanks OP
    389914_10150366951203046_694343045_7932885_1604370263_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

im planning on making these for desert christmas day,made a test run tonight but didnt leave them in long enough they were way too gooey and heavy especially after dinner,ill make another trial run before the big day and maybe put slightly less mixture into the ramekins, but all in we both still loved them looking forward to the next batch ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭niamhocxox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

ive made these a few times, delicious, great recipe :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

OP thank you, great recipe. I used the 72% choc from Lidl but it nearly killed us after a big meal, the choc content was way too much. Would be great if anyone could recommend a good quality lower cocoa choc please. Mind you my son had two of them the following day lol and he had no problem eating them and didn't find them filling at all, so maybe we were just too full! Again thanks, a really easy and great recipe:D

These were great. Tried them last night. My attempt at getting one of them out of the ramekins lead to a bit of a crash:

IMAG0327_thumb.jpg

So I gave up and served them in the ramekins. And luckily I had made an extra one, which was devoured:

IMAG0328_thumb.jpg

Now all I need is to pick up an electric whisk, took bloody ages to hand whisk them!

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Made these a few weeks ago, had no ramekins (student house!) so I used little cups - the handles were actually pretty useful for turning them upside down without getting burnt. They were unreal OP, thanks so much!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i made these yesterday using lindt orange intense dark chocolate
    so, orange chocolate fondants
    very delicious, big hit, and i have been instructed to make more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,541 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Had these last night. 190 in a fan oven for 11 minutes - turned out absolutely spot on. Deliciously rich - and perhaps surprisingly unsweet. Easy to make too - although my poor arm was ready to fall off after all that whisking! Really need to get a mixer! And two more ready for tonight (half volumes of posted recipe)........
    PicsArt_1376219297391_zps3fba6fe1.jpg

Advertisement