Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The ones i listen to regularly are Jericho & Austin's podcasts, as well as Bryan Alvarez's After Dark podcast. The advertisments on podcast one (Jericho / Austin) kill me though. As does when Jericho plays Fozzy (he's autotuned in every.single.song)

Also, when Jericho does the "everybody's goin' Amazon, Amazon USA, ha ha ha" Fcuk off Chris, it was funny the first 12 times

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I get how the ads can wind people up, but he's very clever in doing so. The way you're even referencing Amazon there is exactly why he should do that kinda stuff over and over. The product sticks in your head so, as soon as you have a need to buy stuff online, it's right there in your head as an option. That's marketing 101.

I do think he should switch up the format a bit, though. As my housemate said to me the other day, the first 6 minutes are the exact same every week. And keep the Fozzy stuff for the end, too. Don't make me resent your band because I just wanna listen to Triple H, I may be more receptive towards the end when you use it as a playout song.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

I skip the ads on podcasts with the +15 second button on the iPhone. Easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Is the Austin/Kevin Nash podcast worth a listen? The description doesn't mention wrestling at all, so wondering what it's like!
    Kevin Nash is in Georgia shooting the sequel to the "Magic Mike" movie, and used some downtime on set to catch up with Stone Cold Steve Austin! Hear about Kevin's prep for the film including growing out his hair & waxing his anus! They also discuss diet & exercise, ground turkey & red wine, and they even break out the uber facts - earthquakes, killer hippos, T-Rex Arms, hugging, and sex & marriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Listening to Foley on Richard Herring's Edinburgh Fringe podcast. It's old but I have never heard it and it's quite good fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

leggo wrote: »
    I get how the ads can wind people up, but he's very clever in doing so. The way you're even referencing Amazon there is exactly why he should do that kinda stuff over and over. The product sticks in your head so, as soon as you have a need to buy stuff online, it's right there in your head as an option. That's marketing 101.

I do think he should switch up the format a bit, though. As my housemate said to me the other day, the first 6 minutes are the exact same every week. And keep the Fozzy stuff for the end, too. Don't make me resent your band because I just wanna listen to Triple H, I may be more receptive towards the end when you use it as a playout song.

Perhaps if the ads were for Amazon but they're just referalls. People can use Amazon either way so not necessarily a good idea having annoying But Memorable ads.

Ustin/Nash had a few good laughs but zero wrestling talk and dragged a bit. Uberfacts played a part.....

Wai and John are just cool dudes. Never tire of their shows.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Justin Roberts has started his own podcast

http://instagram.com/p/tDTyMUMcDX/

Another Wrestler podcast:
    - Mick Foley has noted that there is an offer out there for him to start his own podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

I actually enjoyed Bill Watts on JR's podcast. Two cantankerous old men talking old wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

For the love of god please don't give Foley a podcast. He'll spend the whole time creepily talking about the Divas being attractive but being worried about burning his bridges with WWE and then complaining about the product and then hoping Vince will do him a favour through Facebook for some charity thing he's doing and then half of it will be answering fan's ****ty questions and please don't give him a podcast.

JR has done enough damage to himself with his attempts, let Foley keep what dignity he has left.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Oh God Mitch I died reading that. Spot on!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Mitch, you forgot the obligatory half hour per show dedicated to all things Santa. And the Xmas based songs. And the Xmas ads who would " kick back" a little to the show to keep it coming to you, for free, for twice a week

• Registered Users Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭briany

If Foley could stick to wrestling, he would do a great podcast, maybe the best of all because that man has a way with words and tells a good story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I considered myself a Foley fan up till around 2006 and now I'd rather shoot myself in the brain than listen to/watch/support anything he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Surreal listening to Austin and Nash talk about the dynamics of taking a dump on this weeks podcast.

I almost feel Austin reveals too much about his personal life in his podcast. Tarnishing his legacy a little bit? Probably not but sometimes his show is truly cringeworthy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Loved the Austin/Nash podcast personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Surreal listening to Austin and Nash talk about the dynamics of taking a dump on this weeks podcast.

I almost feel Austin reveals too much about his personal life in his podcast. Tarnishing his legacy a little bit? Probably not but sometimes his show is truly cringeworthy

I have been pleasantly surprised by Austin's podcast, some of the stories are a bit repetitive but he gets good interviews, and I even find the opening 15-20 minutes of him rambling away enjoyable.

Am losing interest in the AE podcast though. Main presenter really dominates the show too much. I get that it's about trying to promote his stand up, but it's annoying that he cuts across the other guys so much and when they do make any jokes he has to better them. The impressions at the start of each podcast also need to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Am losing interest in the AE podcast though. Main presenter really dominates the show too much. I get that it's about trying to promote his stand up, but it's annoying that he cuts across the other guys so much and when they do make any jokes he has to better them. The impressions at the start of each podcast also need to go.

Wait, the AE podcast is about promoting stand up? JESUS CHRIST! /AE reference :pac:

I havent really noticed kevin cutting across adam and billy too much but that could be just me.

btw shout out for low blows. Think Rick and Don do a great podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

rovert wrote: »
    Justin Roberts has started his own podcast

http://instagram.com/p/tDTyMUMcDX/

Don't know that I could listen to his voice for more than a minute

• Advertisement

I like listening to the X-Pac and Jonny Fairplay podcast it's not perfect this week like X-pac defending Mike Tyson more or less saying that he doesn't believe he was guilty of rape but he's refreshingly honest in admittance and regret to this day of when he hit his then girlfriend Ryan Shamrock/Alicia Webb I don't think you'll hear Austin mention anything about the time he hit Debra, there's a funny road story too with him Sabu Rennee Dupree and El Generico/Sami Zayn Fairplay can be a bit obnoxious at times though

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Garseys wrote: »
    Wait, the AE podcast is about promoting stand up? JESUS CHRIST! /AE reference :pac:

I havent really noticed kevin cutting across adam and billy too much but that could be just me.

btw shout out for low blows. Think Rick and Don do a great podcast.

Showcasing is probably a better term than promoting, they haven't taken to hyping comedy sets using Stone Cold/Jericho/JR impressions that all sound alike, yet. :D

And I get the premise of podcast is a humorous look at the Attitude Era, but for me it just flowed a lot better in some of the earlier episodes. Some of the recent ones have just seemed like canned laughter from the two lads any time the host opens his mouth.

What's X-Pac's podcast called? Johnny Fair play is incredibly annoying so not sure if I'll be a regular listener..

I like listening to the X-Pac and Jonny Fairplay podcast it's not perfect this week like X-pac defending Mike Tyson more or less saying that he doesn't believe he was guilty of rape but he's refreshingly honest in admittance and regret to this day of when he hit his then girlfriend Ryan Shamrock/Alicia Webb I don't think you'll hear Austin mention anything about the time he hit Debra, there's a funny road story too with him Sabu Rennee Dupree and El Generico/Sami Zayn Fairplay can be a bit obnoxious at times though

I was told Austin's past does come up here regularly about two weeks ago.

In unrelated news today's episode has an overly elaborate story that explains a cut on the back of Kristin's head.

What's X-Pac's podcast called? Johnny Fair play is incredibly annoying so not sure if I'll be a regular listener..
    X-Pac & Jonny Fairplay Uncensored
    http://www.blogtalkradio.com/prowrestlingdotnet/2014/09/15/0915-prowrestlingnet-podcast--x-pac-and-jonny-fairplay-uncensored-part-one

I tried listening to Kevin Sullivan's podcast but the audio was so poor had to give it the boot
    http://www.buzzsprout.com/22303

Cheers. Waltman would be good with someone decent to guide him along. Audio is rough on the ears.

Gave Goldberg a try but he's just about as dull as they come. His voice goes through my head, not to mention his boring nobody guests.

Gonna give the Attitude Era podcast a go. Haven't tried that.

*I thought JR with Sting 1.4m downloads was pretty astounding. First time I've ever heard anybody mention an actual download number.

Thumbs up for Jericho and Asa Akira. No Fozzy either!

Loved Review a Wai this week.

Can vouch for the Hornswoggle, Asa Akira (oh yes), Bob Sapp and the Cliff Compton guest appearances:

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2014/10/03/wrestling-podmass-103/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

When was the last time Austin had a great episode?

Advertisement