Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.

Scumbag level rising, but nothing is being done?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 udonwannado

start buying drugs - the scum never beat paying customers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Cycle to and from wherever you're going. They won't be able to catch you then.

Are you actually getting full on hopped on, or are you getting pushed around a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭fitzgooble

Listen kid, i'm 31 now but when I was a teenager I had the long hair, doc martins with combats tucked into them look, feicin magnet for scumbags.
    Got a few digs for no reason at all even though I was well built from rugby etc these guy's didn't care, they tend to be very brave in numbers. Anyhoo it really knocked my confidence for a long time, a few years later I was after giving up the rugby and needed a new sport to keep myself busy, so I took up boxing because two of the buddies done it also. let's just say it has given me great confidence ever since, I would never ever start a fight but the odd scumbag who fcuked with me since has, I'm sure, woken up to wish he hadn't.
    Don't let these guys get you down, my advice is learn to look after yourself, report them if you know them, keep your head up son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭AnalogueKid

Sorry to hear about that kid, although I got the odd dig and boot from skangers when I was a teenager it wasn't a common occurrence.

My advice is to do a bit of Muay Thai, boxing, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or Krav Maga - all highly effective forms of self defence. I don't mean learn how to kick someone's face in (violence begets violence), but it will instill a sense of self-worth and confidence you never thought you had in you. Just knowing you have a chance to defend yourself will give you an air of confidence, not to mention physical brawn which will make it far less likely that you will get hassle in the first place. Speak to a trainer if you don't want to take my word for it. You're also at the best age to take up these activities as you are probably still developing.

Do NOT arm yourself, that's the worst thing you could do as you seem like a docile, decent fella who probably wouldn't use a weapon if push came to shove. The Gardaí won't do anything for you and if they did it could make things a lot worse. You only live once, it's in your hands.

Take care and don't let the scoundrels get you down.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

start buying drugs - the scum never beat paying customers
    Then work your way up to a big order and instead of paying them report them to the guards. Free drugs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

learn a martial art and as Bad Santa advises "Don't take sh*t from anyone"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

What part of Bray?. You in the Towers?, Feck thats Barksdale's crew that got that sown up, you don't wanna fck with Stringer,Avon and Co or you'll wake up with no kidneys (if you're lucky).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

this gaybo needs to man the fúck up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bigjohnny80

Always thought we should round up all the tracksuit wearing knackers in the country and nuke them.

because everybody who wears a tracksuit is a knacker :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bigjohnny80

I said tracksuit wearing knackers. Not all tracksuit wearing people.

but where does the tracksuit come into it?

reminds me of the "don't blame the hoody" campaign,what have i become.