Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Scumbag level rising, but nothing is being done?

Options
  • 23-04-2011 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi, I am a teenager and I live in little Bray. The roughest part of Bray. I get hop on often I know I'm only one of the hundreds who have to go through this. No CCTV is being put up!?
    I am getting sick of this and nothing is being done, I live in fear in my own town?!
    And no actually people, killing people is illegal in this country.
    Yeh see, If I fight them, they get people after me?
    Jesus are you ****ing thick? Do you not understand what they are like?
    And the point's not that half of you are stupid (Going by the fact you think I should shoot 'em)
    It's the fact that there's no CCTV?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭whiteboy

Time to fight back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

stop being a pussy and just buy a gun, dumbass

trollface.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

How the hell are you getting hopped on every single week?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Grow a pair of balls!

And what teenager uses the word harassed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

You need to get yourself some of this.

Can't embed because I'm a fail. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Blast them with.........................homemade pepper spray?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

you look like will from inbetweeners dont you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Some seriously ignorant people on this forum.

Well done on making the kids life that little bit harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

if your OP is real, talk to your teachers, ask for advice. i assume you wont talk to your parents.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

I seriously thought this was going to be a thread about eugenics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Boardsies this is a teenager who is possibly being bullied, is upset about it describing life as horrible and looking for help, albeit probably in the wrong forum, but still, smartarsery is not helpful.

Craddy, could you find alternative routes if you know where these people hang out? Or try make sure you're not on your own as much? Do you have any adults in the area that you know and trust and might know these guys and be able to have a word?

Do you think they are picking on you in particular and is it the same people all the time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Police?

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

And what teenager uses the word harassed?

What the fuck is wrong with the word 'harassed' for a teenager or anyone else?

Why is this even relevant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

JBnaglfar wrote: »

Teenagers aren't allowed use words that make them seem smart. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Peared wrote: »
    Boardsies this is a teenager who is possibly being bullied, is upset about it describing life as horrible and looking for help, albeit probably in the wrong forum, but still, smartarsery is not helpful.

Craddy, could you find alternative routes if you know where these people hang out? Or try make sure you're not on your own as much? Do you have any adults in the area that you know and trust and might know these guys and be able to have a word?

Do you think they are picking on you in particular and is it the same people all the time?

ROFL nobody gets hopped on EVERY week. Just report it. I'm not sure how good advice is meant to be given with the limited amount of information we have. I'll give it a whirl:

1. If you're being hopped on every week you must look like a weirdo (unless it's the same group of people ---> then you are aware of who they are ---> report it). Now you can continue to look like a weirdo (i.e. too outlandish to be considered normal to a scumbag) and learn to fight or change your appearance.

2. Avoid these people. If you get hopped on every week i'd imagine it's always in the same location. If this is the case find an alternative route or instead of being a pussy just report it.

3. Get some friends who are bigger than the people who pick on you. Invite your friends for sleepovers so that you don't have to walk home alone in fear of getting the piss kicked out of you.

4. If you're getting hopped on every week then you are aware that an attack is coming. It's obvious that you're either very bad at fighting or are not fighting back. Catch the main culprit clean in the nose; he won't see it coming because you obviously don't fight back so he's used to you being a pussy. Following punching him in the nose either stand your ground and take a hiding off all his friends or run away. After typing #4 I realise this is the worst idea of all the ideas I have because you will inevitably get a bigger beating from these people the next time you see them. The only way around this is reporting it and stop being a pussy. Worst comes to worst you will be known as a snitch / rat. Nobody will beat up a snitch because they know you will snitch. You will be an outcast in school for being a snitch but at least you won't be beaten up. Find some friends who aren't scumbags and they won't care that you are a snitch.

God speed.

JBnaglfar wrote: »

'Teenager in Proper use of English scandal':rolleyes:

So sorry to hear what has been happening to you. We live in a disgusting society where others can not get by without harrasing others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I GOT A GUN, I GOT A FLIPPING GUN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Hi craddy,

I think maybe you should try posting about this in Personal Issues as After Hours is great fun but might not give you the answers you need :)

Maybe talk to your local community Garda and they might have a few ideas for you.

Maybe take up self defence or start a martial arts class?

Hope things get better soon for you.
    Talk to someone, please don't try and deal with all this yourself.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Just punch the living daylights out of whoever is hopping you.

I got picked on in first year, because I was small. But -- they underestimated my temper. Hell hath no fury like a dwarf intimidated.

Even if you are to take a bit of a beating, fight your corner. If you continue letting them beat you, without fighting back, theyll continue to do it. You never know, you might come out the better man in it.

Im guessing your 14/15? How old are those scumbags?

• Advertisement

'Even if you are to take a bit of a beating, fight your corner. If you continue letting them beat you, without fighting back, theyll continue to do it. You never know, you might come out the better man in it.'

Or he might come out of it in a coma. He needs adult help to handle this.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 craddy96

I am ****ing genuine?
    Real smart guys, I'll buy a gun and kill 'em! Because it's not like thats illegal!
    I'm saying why are there not CCTV cameras being put up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Stop dressing like a puff and man up.

Ruu wrote: »
    I GOT A GUN, I GOT A FLIPPING GUN!

Was it not a "ruddy gun?". :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

craddy96 wrote: »
    Hi, I am a teenager and I live in little Bray. The roughest part of Bray. I get hop on every week and harrassed and my life is made horrible and I know I'm only one of the hundreds who have to go through this. No CCTV is being put up!?
    I am getting sick of this and nothing is being done, I live in fear in my own town?!

Hip hop classes kid - that way when you get really good you can have dance-offs and hopefully you dont get served!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

mates a garda up there, PM me some names, and your problem will go away :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

zuroph wrote: »

By magic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Jake1 wrote: »

'Even if you are to take a bit of a beating, fight your corner. If you continue letting them beat you, without fighting back, theyll continue to do it. You never know, you might come out the better man in it.'

Or he might come out of it in a coma. He needs adult help to handle this.

Yes. He could. He could equally end up in a coma, or brain dead the next time they jump him and he doesnt fight back.
    It implies that the scum that are jumping him every week are jumping him because he doesnt fight back. And because they can feel like the "big men".
    In reality, they're probably the losers, the weaker more retarded of the scumbags, that go around terrorising people who don't fight back. I've seen (and know) enough "proper" scum, who don't go jumping the nerdy kids, or the freaks, or what we would call normal, because whats the point?

Bullies are weak. Everybody knows that. I agree with you in that ideally, he should tell an adult and have some support so as he isnt harrassed weekly. He shouldn't have to feel scared walking to or from his own home. But thats in an ideal world. If/when they do jump him, and he is alone, he should remember that he has the right to defend himself. And if that means putting his foot through somebodies face, in a moment of "fight or flight", thats a choice he can make.

zuroph wrote: »

Not a great comment considering the court case a while back for a certain Garda...............:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

chin_grin wrote: »
    Not a great comment considering the court case a while back for a certain Garda...............:pac:

ah no, just re-assuring the guy, and if he doesnt want to go to them directly, this way they could have a look into the guys.

Advertisement