Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why would a man want wife and children?

Options
2»

Comments

I wouldn't agree with the OPs view, if you meet someone and things work out it's only natural to settle down and have kids. I reckon in Ireland though in the last 10 years lots of people hooked up a tad prematurely partly due to the housing bubble etc.

Horses for courses though, nowadays for every happily married person there seems to be someone after getting divorced. Three or four ladies in their 30s at work got divorced a few years back. One of the buddies' sisters in going through it too.

Playboy lifestyle in a cheap country sounds to me like shagging brassers that are doing it through little choice of their own, doesn't appeal at all to me. Fair enough if it's Monto Carlo though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Theoretically men can have kids pretty much up until they die. Whether its a good idea to have kids later in life is another story.

Best time to do it. Ensure your DNA lives on then die. A whole new meaning to the "dead beat dad" thing.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

You said on another thread that you earn less than 25k per year SO how can you say that you live the life of a playboy.
    You can hardly afford a wife and children maybe.

That explains it. Bet he works in subway making sandwiches. This would explain how he is able to survive without his own sandwich maker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

whiteonion wrote: »
    I found if you cut down on useless expenses you can save €10k per year. I have only 7 years to go until i can permanently move to a poor country and live there as a playboy.

Take it from a man who lives in one of these countries and witnesses desperate men live this life every day:

This is a 'playboy':

clooney.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is what you will be:

touristd.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

The OP is on to something here. and his reason for not having kids leaves him open to people taking the moral high ground.

it does not often sit well with parents for someone to choose the childfree option.

it does not make the OP selfish for not having kids .

Several women i know have not had kids for career reasons and 1 does not because she loves holidaying & shopping and it is why she works. I suspect the reason for some is that they just do not like kids -others its a pure independence thing.

A couple I know have stuck together for business reasons and share the same lovely big house and he goes of to asia several times a year and has an apartment there. They have grown up kids.

The OP goes a bit further and by definition is saying that settling down in Ireland with an Irishwoman -kids or nor - is not for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

CDfm wrote: »
    The OP is on to something here. and his reason for not having kids leaves him open to people taking the moral high ground.

it does not often sit well with parents for someone to choose the childfree option.

it does not make the OP selfish for not having kids .

Several women i know have not had kids for career reasons and 1 does not because she loves holidaying & shopping and it is why she works. I suspect the reason for some is that they just do not like kids -others its a pure independence thing.

The OP goes a bit further and by definition is saying that settling down in Ireland with an Irishwoman -kids or nor - is not for him.

I think you have it sumed up nicely here. Clearly the OP is trolling but there is some truth there. Not every person wants to have children and I find the vast majority of people who have them or want to have them cannot understand this. They'll say everything under the sun 'you'll change your mind, you'll regret it when your old etc.' because it's osmething so alien to them. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having children and absolutely nothing wrong with not having children either.

If the OP's dream (as trollish as it is) is to live a 'playboy' lifestyle who are you all to take the high ground and say how unfufilled and lonely it will be. I still don't understand why it bothers parents so much that not everyone wants children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Best time to do it. Ensure your DNA lives on then die. A whole new meaning to the "dead beat dad" thing.

Sperm doners satisfy their need to have their dna live on while giving a gift to infertile couples. The deadbeat dad just sprays and runs like a dog. A difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Sperm doners satisfy their need to have their dna live on while giving a gift to infertile couples. The deadbeat dad just sprays and runs like a dog. A difference.

Jokes Metro, sometimes they get posted on the internet.

Thanks for taking the time to point out the brutally obvious though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Lads Im locking this wreck as I dont think its going to go anywhere good,not that its in a good place anyway.

I'd also like to add,even if you think the OP is trolling,insulting them isnt kosher.As on every forum on boards,attack the post,not the poster or hit the report post icon.

Cheers!.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement