Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Disclosure Project?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Priori

namloc1980 wrote:
    The thing is the Disclosure Project didn't produce any hard physical evidence of ET's etc. It was just a bunch of stories.

I appreciate that point, but deeming it 'just a bunch of stories' seems a little inappropriate in this context, considering the supposed reputations of those giving testimony. Normally, collected anecdotes are from witnesses scattered far and wide, differing widely in terms of credibility.

Assuming it's not some big orchestrated fraud (and if you know the best evidence to support such a viewpoint, please do show me, as I'm more than open to this), then it's really a case of; how many 'credible' testimonies does it take to reach breaking point?

I guess when something so critical is at stake - whether extraterrestrial intelligences are currently visiting this planet - I admit it is reasonable to demand the most exacting standards of evidence. But demanding that something 'physical' be shown before one takes it seriously - this would seem a little dismissive (I'm not attributing this viewpoint to you namloc1980). Surely one takes it more than seriously if hard physical evidence is given; in that case, I assume one accepts it as 'truth'.

Just my thoughts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Priori wrote: »
    I appreciate that point, but deeming it 'just a bunch of stories' seems a little inappropriate in this context, considering the supposed reputations of those giving testimony. Normally, collected anecdotes are from witnesses scattered far and wide, differing widely in terms of credibility.

Assuming it's not some big orchestrated fraud (and if you know the best evidence to support such a viewpoint, please do show me, as I'm more than open to this), then it's really a case of; how many 'credible' testimonies does it take to reach breaking point?

I guess when something so critical is at stake - whether extraterrestrial intelligences are currently visiting this planet - I admit it is reasonable to demand the most exacting standards of evidence. But demanding that something 'physical' be shown before one takes it seriously - this would seem a little dismissive (I'm not attributing this viewpoint to you namloc1980). Surely one takes it more than seriously if hard physical evidence is given; in that case, I assume one accepts it as 'truth'.

Just my thoughts.

See the first post in this thread for that theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,071 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Priori wrote: »

Just my thoughts.

Fair enough but why should we take these peoples word as gospel. Many of them are of military background. Is it possible that they were sent to do a job and to make stuff up about aliens to distract from secret military projects etc.?

I think it is very reasonable to demand physical evidence before taking these stories seriously. One of the key witnesses in the Disclosure Project is completely unreliable and unbelievable.

To be honest, the very slight impact that this 'Disclosure' has had in the intervening 10 years is (of its own accord) practically sufficient proof for me that it couldn't really be what it claims to be. That, I admit, is a fuzzy-ish way of looking at it; but it's only an initial gut reaction.

If it is a fraud, then it is nonetheless a very intriguing fraud.
    namloc1980 wrote:
    Is it possible that they were sent to do a job and to make stuff up about aliens to distract from secret military projects etc.?

My next thought exactly. Very much a possibility.

It's infuriating if the possibility just mentioned is the case. Especially considering how 'sincere' the witnesses seemed. If they weren't sincere, then they are a disgraceful, shameless lot altogether.

Just in case readers of this thread find this of interest (although I'm assuming you probably know of this already):

Dr. Steven Greer - Before He Was Famous

And a profile Greer apparently set up on a homosexual dating site was dug up by someone at 'Project Camelot' to discredit him, on the pretext that:
    His ethics and values are open to question.

Source

He is also claimed to be suppressing 'Free Energy'. To be honest, his detractors often seem as quack-like as he himself comes across. Digging up such personal information perhaps says more about them that it does about him.

But from my own experience, I remember, some time ago now, leafing through 'Hidden Truth: Forbidden Knowledge'; I was over in London at the time staying with a friend who owned the book. I was struck by how excessively egotistical, self-promoting and racey it all seemed. This review actually sums up quite well how I reacted myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭GarlicBread

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Is it possible that they were sent to do a job and to make stuff up about aliens to distract from secret military projects etc.?

I think it is very reasonable to demand physical evidence before taking these stories seriously. One of the key witnesses in the Disclosure Project is completely unreliable and unbelievable.

The disclosure project and many others actually admit that most if not many ufos are indeed man made from back engineering or otherwise. Its highly unlikely they are doing a cover story for the military, never before has so much information and evidence been divulged about the military's ufo projects than until disclosure project spilled the beans. They have plenty of witnesses from the various corperations who are supposedly producing these vehicles.

I dont take disclosure project fully at face value by the way, its just with all the evidence over the last 60 years or so, circumstantial or otherwise, and then with disclosure project on top of it, it looks like there is indeed somthing going on.

Bear in mind that there has also been another disclosure project since the one in 2001, it was done with a different crowd and was covered by the mainstream media, in fact it was live on CNN. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jUU4Z8QdHI&feature=related
    A whole load of even more credible people, all saying the same thing.

The judicial system of the western world is based primarily off witness testimony, yet, when it comes to ufos + ets its just not good enough? Looks as though planet earth is in denial to me.

US astronomers launch search for alien life on 86 planets.
    The giant dish began this week pointing toward each of the 86 planets -- culled from a list of 1,235 possible planets identified by NASA's Kepler space telescope -- and will gather 24 hours of data on each one.
    "It's not absolutely certain that all of these stars have habitable planetary systems, but they're very good places to look for ET," said University of California at Berkeley graduate student Andrew Siemion.

The mission is part of the SETI project, which stands for Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence, launched in the mid 1980s.
    Last month the SETI Institute announced it was shuttering a major part of its efforts -- a 50 million dollar project with 42 telescope dishes known as the Allen Telescope Array (ATA) -- due to a five million dollar budget shortfall.
    ATA began in 2007 and was operated in partnership by the UC Berkeley Radio Astronomy Lab, which has hosted several generations of such experiments. It was funded by the SETI Institute and the National Science Foundation (NSF).
    With ATA's dishes in hibernation for now, astronomers hope the powerful Green Bank Telescope, a previous incarnation of which was felled in a windstorm in 1988, will provide targeted information about potential life-supporting planets.

"Our search employs the largest fully steerable radio telescope on the planet, and the most sensitive radio telescope in the world capable of undertaking a SETI search of this kind," Siemion told AFP.
    "We will be looking at a much wider range of frequencies and signal types than has ever been possible before," he added, describing the instrumentation as "at the very cutting edge of radio astronomy technology."
    The surface of the telescope is 100 by 110 meters and it can record nearly one gigabyte of data per second, Siemion said.

The 17 million pound (7.7 million kilogram) telescope became operational in 2000 and is a project of the NSF's National Radio Astronomy Observatory.
    "We've picked out the planets with nice temperatures -- between zero and 100 degrees Celsius -- because they are a lot more likely to harbor life," said physicist Dan Werthimer.
    Werthimer heads a three-decade long SETI project in Puerto Rico, home of the world's largest radio telescope, Arecibo. However that project could not observe the same area of the northern sky as the Green Bank telescope, he said.

"With Arecibo, we focus on stars like our Sun, hoping that they have planets around them that emit intelligent signals," Werthimer said in a statement.
    "But we've never had a list of planets like this before."
    The Green Bank Telescope can scan 300 times the range of frequencies that Arecibo could, meaning that it can collect the same amount of data in one day that Arecibo could in one year.
    The project will likely take about a year to complete, and will be helped by a team of one million at-home astronomers, known as SETI@home users, who will help process the data on personal computers.

So the US is officially searching for aliens and one year they'll tell the world if they found them or not.I think we know what the answer is going to be.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

So many once-classified files have been released from all sorts of governmental agencies all across the world, so many sightings as of late, so much discussion and more widespread media coverage - events seem to be building up to something in my opinion.

Do you think a UFO disclosure will happen in your lifetime?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

I think the thrust from the disclosure project and associates is the best way to go. They are trying to cut through the fear based programming we have been bombarded with over that last 50 years or so. They know damn well that the biggest threat is from ourselves going into space with weapons. Once that happens its game over.

If you pay attention to the mainstream alien movies you can see the different agendas being played out. For a long time it was all us vs them and invasions and horror stories. More recently a split has emerged where some directors are moving away from the fear.

Examples. Peter Jackson's District 9 shows humans as the bad guys. James Camaron's Avatar tells the same story, which is interesting because its shows an idealogical pull away from the classic bad alien theme. To a lesser extent, Transformers, produced by Spielberg, has a few eye openers in it aswell.

Regardless of this, you can still see the fear based agenda continuing. The recent Battle for LA is a good example. Also, that other one that came out last year that was completely terrible, it was only a CGI fest with zero story, I cant remember the name of it, Glow or somthing. These types of programs are conditioning for the military industrial complex, whos aim is to have humanity expand out into space with a military mindset.

Garlic, what's the point of expanding into space with a military mindset? It's completely impractical. It takes 2 years just to get to our closest sister planet. What kind of a craft would you need that could grow 4 years worth of food to sustain a human on such a voyage (assuming that he/she is going to come back)? Beyond that, the planets have no surface. They are balls of gas that would take some 10 or 15 years to reach and even then you couldn't land anywhere. Yeah, you can take some lasers into Earth orbit but that's pretty much it. They'd just be used to whack someone back on Earth.
    Alien shït is retarded.

Alien shït is retarded.

So retarded that it's being shoved down everyones neck these days ,did you read the start of the thread?

• Advertisement

A new book that is being released soon was written by two scientists that worked in the military industrial complex and NASA, tells us how to defend earth if Aliens attack:pac:
    Product Description
    What if there really are aliens and they do attack? Read what two scientists reveal in this “how-to” survival manual for the space age.
    Alien invasion. Unlikely? As unlikely as Pearl Harbor?

The extinction of the dinosaurs? A meteor strike that levels whole forests in Siberia? You get the drift. Some events produce such a massive setback to life, the Earth and to humanity that we must understand and prepare for them, even if the chances are low that they’ll come about. In fact, it will be criminal and abrogation of our duty to future generations if we do not get ready! But where to begin?

Drs. Travis S. Taylor and Bob Boan have the answers. Both are experienced scientists, physicists with expertise in both defense and military signal intelligence and experience working with both the Department of Defense and NASA. These are intellectual heavyweights who have a clear idea of the possibilities of alien contact, the calculations of whether or not that contact will be friendly…and what to do if it’s not.

51W7oerxbkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Amazon.com

I wonder who's asking all these people to write books and push this alien agenda so much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

A new book that is being released soon was written by two scientists that worked in the military industrial complex and NASA, tells us how to defend earth if Aliens attack:pac:

51W7oerxbkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Amazon.com

I wonder who's asking all these people to write books and push this alien agenda so much?

Book publishers.
    in order to make money, before you ask.

Book publishers.
    in order to make money, before you ask.

Yes but these two guys were the two scientists that were in the National Geographic series, when Aliens attack so it's being shoved down peoples throats ,whatever the motive, it's not just about book sales, theres something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Yes but these two guys were the two scientists that were in the National Geographic series, when Aliens attack so it's being shoved down peoples throats ,whatever the motive, it's not just about book sales, theres something else.

peoples demand for it?

peoples demand for it?

Disclosure or false flag?

Disclosure or false flag?

I would love if there was a disclosure, wouldn't bet on it though. The alien false flag theory is complete nonsense imo.

I would love if there was a disclosure, wouldn't bet on it though. The alien false flag theory is complete nonsense imo.

I bet it's all about monetary gain at some level, probably why the Rockefellers set it up in '93

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Talk E

Big surprise there Jeboa. You always keep us guessing. :pac:

Talk E wrote: »
    Big surprise there Jeboa. You always keep us guessing. :pac:

btw, should we still be on alert for the imminent attack? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Talk E

btw, should we still be on alert for the imminent attack? :)

I'm always alert. You'll be the first to pee your panties when it all kicks off :pac:

You'll be like... "Talkie mate, what's happening ? what shall we do ?" :pac:

• Advertisement

"Shoved down peoples throats"? A bit dramatic don't you think?

But it's really is just about something as mundane as book sales and television ratings.
    As you pointed out the same guys who wrote the book are also in a show on national geographic about Aliens so what they've done is discover a niche they can exploit for monetary gain and they're going for it.
    The publishers have a book that should sell well and National geographic have a show that'll pull in the viewers.
    Everybody wins.

"Shoved down peoples throats"? A bit dramatic don't you think? .

Sorry I was a bit vague there, I meant in context of movies,Tv series, childrens programs, etc.....It's all aliens these days, and the National Geographic ,Discovery and History are awash with alien documentaries these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Sorry I was a bit vague there, I meant in context of movies,Tv series, childrens programs, etc.....It's all aliens these days, and the National Geographic ,Discovery and History are awash with alien documentaries these days.

-Cause Russian's are no longer the bad guys and action movies need a bad guy.
    -Because blowing up millions of aliens is more guilt free than killing other humans (the rise in zombie tv/movie/games etc is another good example of this.)
    -Cause Sci-Fi is ****ing cool (even though most sci fi shows get cancelled, V, SGU NOF etc)
    -Cause There is a huge market for it.
    -Cause National G, Discovery, History know it's cheap to make psuedo docs and will get huge ratings

or because Galacticus the Almighty has ordered it/part of a cover up

What makes more sense?

This is just a trend. Many of this summers big blockbusters have a sci-fi edge to them, so other forms of media are jumping on that bandwagon for a quick buck.
    If Hollywood has movies like, say, cowboys Vs Aliens coming out it's easy for TV channels to piggyback on the advertising that is already being done for that movie, which is on a far larger scale than they could afford.

And it's important to remember that Sci-Fi has been a consistently popular genre pretty much since it's inception and like most things it has it peaks and troughs. The current "upswing" in Sci-Fi related media is probably on the backs of a few successful series - the relaunched Dr. Who for one, Battlestar galactica for another. The relaunched Star trek movie also did really well.
    When studios/publishers notice that something is doing well they will often jump on that bandwagon as quick as possible. Media is nothing if not hugely derivative and very much trend driven.

And lastly Aliens are pretty much the perfect antagonist- not human so it's easy to paint them as "all evil" or have to worry about the audiences expectations of what they should be clashing with the writers.
    They can be whatever the script requires them to be, insidious, aggressive, eloquent or incomprehensible and it can, on occasion, give the writers scope to create something fantastical without having to worry about the niggling "how would that even work". Despite the budgetary constraints and "for nerds" tag writing soft sci-fi about aliens or whatever is a lot more fun than most other genres.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Whats so strange about this?

It's on the white house website.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

It's on the white house website.

My god.. they know!

Or you could you know just click the "create petition" button :)

Jonny7 wrote: »
    My god.. they know!

Or you could you know just click the "create petition" button :)

You're right, lol, I should of had a good look before I posted.

Well I'm an idiot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement