Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do about cats shítting in my garden?

Options
  • 17-04-2011 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Was going to ask in animls and pets but similiar threads there seem to break down into arguments without providing any answers....

My neighbour’s cat is using my garden as a giant litter tray. To date I’ve tried an ultrasonic and various chemical detterents all to no avail. I even soaked the feline fúcker with the hose last week but he still comes back for his daily shíte in my vegtable patch, flower beds, my 2 year old’s sand pit, or on the grass (when he’s just too lazy to bury it)..

Aside from not liking cat shít on my vegetables, I’m worried that my 2 year old could pick up some nasty disease (I found her with a sand coated cat turd in her bucket today). I talked to my neighbour but he says he can’t stop them leaving his garden... So, has anyone here found a way to keep cats out of their garden, while also remaining on good terms with the neighbours?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Buy a dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Refugee from RealLife

2 year old kid. Cat ****ting in the garden, there is only one solution, kill it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

.. or get a Tom Cat - he will defend the Garden with his life the senseless bugger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

2 year old kid. Cat ****ting in the garden, there is only one solution, kill it.

The cat or the kid ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

They don't like citrus peel but maybe you've already tried that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Again, Jack Russell!

What's with the idiots whose 1st thought is 'kill it' what is wrong with you people?

The cat doesn't know it's annoying a human. Also, if you kill the wrong persons cat you might just be on the receiving end of senseless violence.

FMFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

You need a catapult.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

make a funny meme.

then shoot it and show the aftermath

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Syanide in the grass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Try chemical deterants

Buy a live trap, Catch cat and return to owner, advise owner you will send cat to *SPCA the next time you catch it.

If you catch it a 3rd time you will not catch it a 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Nuggles

Let your two year old poo in your neighbour's garden.

What's with the idiots who's 1st thought is 'kill it' what is wrong with you people?

The cat doesn't know it's annoying a human. Also, if you kill the wrong persons cat you might just be on the receiving end of senseless violence.

FMFL.

If the cat was 50 times bigger it would do a lot worse than 'annoy' a human.

and have you ever seen a cat torment a mouse or a rabbit for hours before finally tearing it to shreds? ah the poor innocent little creatures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

put signs up

'No cats to **** on this property'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Just get a pellet gun,you wont kill it but it will know not to come back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Would it use a litter tray outside? Like, if you left it where he usually went poop

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Beat it up.
    Or just tell your neighbour to sort the cat out.

If that doesn't work, get yourself a cat. It will leave its mark.

Don't want a cat?
    Start picking up the shít and leave it in random places between your neighbour's doorstep and their car. The cat may not learn, but your neighbour will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

go and shit in his garden, alpha male an all that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Napalm the motherf*ckers.

• Advertisement

Daegerty wrote: »
    If the cat was 50 times bigger it would do a lot worse than 'annoy' a human.

and have you ever seen a cat torment a mouse or a rabbit for hours before finally tearing it to shreds? ah the poor innocent little creatures

... what's your point?

..you like mice?

why am I even responding to you I shd kno better :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Refugee from RealLife

hondasam wrote: »
    The cat or the kid ?

Either way someone will be giving out.

I would kill the cat personally :)

... what's your point?

..you like mice?

why am I even responding to you I shd kno better :rolleyes:

If they're pickled well and left to mature for a few months they can be lovely on a salad

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

have to agree get a jack russell.I have 3 and a cat,they get great sport out of chasing her.she teases them by going out of their reach..but having said that they wont allow any other cat in to ours except her....

Daegerty wrote: »
    If they're pickled well and left to mature for a few months they can be lovely on a salad

I wonder how many nerds are going to thank this attempt at comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

maglite wrote: »
    catch it

Yup. That's the problem. Catch it. On vegetables.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

What's with the idiots whose 1st thought is 'kill it' what is wrong with you people?

FMFL.

whats wrong ? whats feckin wrong ? its AH my good man

me i would kick it so hard up the arse it would instantly become one of a pair of slippers , but if you a cat loving weirdo get a motion sensor water soaker
    it connects to you water supply and when triggered it soaks said cat , and brucy bonus if ya have kids they love it :D costs under 100 yo yos

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

• Advertisement

I wonder how many nerds are going to thank this attempt at comedy.

What made you think it was specifically aimed at nerds or even supposed to be funny?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement