Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite dessert!!

Options
  • 15-04-2011 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Would like to make a dessert that I have never made before tomorrow. So I ask you all what is your favourite dessert and please share the recipe or a link.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Mine is a simple apple crumble with Ice cream warmed over it :) or a hot choclate muffin with Icecream down the middle sorry if this isn't what your looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Mine is a simple apple crumble with Ice cream warmed over it :)

Just what I was about to say! Can't beat it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Mine is a simple apple crumble with Ice cream warmed over it :) or a hot choclate muffin with Icecream down the middle sorry if this isn't what your looking for.

All Suggestions welcome!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Rhubarb Eton mess with really chewy meringues.
    NYOMZ!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

My grandmothers dessert.

Make a custard flan
    Put a layer of apricot jam on top
    Top with whipped cream and grated chocolate on top.

Always goes down a treat and its a really light dessert.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I don't think you can beat a pavlova. Delia Smith's recipe is the simplest and also foolproof.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Something I've never made and am going to try is this lemon tart from the chef at Avoca. It looks delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Something I've never made and am going to try is this lemon tart from the chef at Avoca. It looks delicious.

I got this tart the Ballymaloe Shop Cafe last year it was fab.. Lemon and Passion fruit tart... I have made it a few times since

http://www.lifestylefood.com.au/recipes/8943/lemon-and-passionfruit-tart

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

lucylu wrote: »
    I got this tart the Ballymaloe Shop Cafe last year it was fab.. Lemon and Passion fruit tart... I have made it a few times since

http://www.lifestylefood.com.au/recipes/8943/lemon-and-passionfruit-tart

that sounds amazing. Might give that a go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭lovelymama

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sakani

I made a lemon meringue pie last week and i was so surprised with how easy it is (once you have the pastry case made!) and also how impressive it looks :-)

> this is another recipe i tried which is equally as good
    http://www.rte.ie/food/2010/0406/meringuepie.html

Another favorite of mine is poached pears and good quality vanilla icecream!
    > Peel 2 pears, add some wine, star anaise, cinnamon and teaspoon of brown sugar. Poach pears for 10 mins, then remove and reduce liquid to thicken. Then serve with the icecream.

Or if your inner child wants out... a baked alaska!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/verynaughtybakedalas_86638

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Either lemon meringue pie or good lemon cheesecake. Or raspberry cheesecake. I prefer unbaked to baked. Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeesecakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkke....

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

Chocolate Cola cake, with baileys ice cream and drizzled in crem caramel.

Best thing ive had in years. :p
    Unfortunatley im useless to you for a recipe. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Aha! But I'm not!

That's a James Martin recipe from his book 'Desserts', also accessible on the
    UKTV food website...

It's very easy to make and very tasty - but beware the oven settings, I find it cooks better on a lower setting in my personal oven. Keep an eye on it. It's worth noting that it's both easy and very tasty indeed.

http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/513466

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

An Orange Chocolate Ganache Cake, maybe?
    My recipes are buried in moving boxes, but this looks like a good one: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Chocolate-Ganache-Cake-2

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

Some really nice ideas here. We have a bake-off competition at work every Thursday with two people baking against each other and I've been looking for something nice to make. Think I might try the lemon and passion fruit tart or the lemon meringue.

I've noticed chocolate desserts never seem to win so best to stick with something fruity I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

We have a bake-off competition at work every Thursday with two people baking against each other and I've been looking for something nice to make. Think I might try the lemon and passion fruit tart or the lemon meringue.

That sounds serious, dessert forks at dawn! :eek: Good luck anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭lovelymama

Some really nice ideas here. We have a bake-off competition at work every Thursday with two people baking against each other and I've been looking for something nice to make. Think I might try the lemon and passion fruit tart or the lemon meringue.

What a great idea - I have the recipe for Gotham restaurants cheesecake - it's seriously easy to make and is always the first dessert eaten in our house!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Casey_81

I've noticed chocolate desserts never seem to win so best to stick with something fruity I think.

Where do you work?? And more importantly are they looking for any new staff :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 tinacam

mine has to be bailys cheesecake with terrys choc orange:p its devine!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭LC_x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Cheesecake
    OR
    Tiramisu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Baked Bananas stuffed with chopped mars bar and a really good vanilla ice cream.

So simple and tasty. Chop a mars bar into 1/4in bits, slit the banana all way down and stuff about 1/2 mars bar into each banana. Wrap in tin foil and pop in the oven for about 15 mins (or pop on the BBQ). Unwrap and scoop out the lush chocolate banana and serve with the ice cream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Zuiderzee

In the autumn I'd have to go with buttermilk clafoutis. But you can make it year round with apples, pears or plums from the supermarkets.
    clafoutis+dish.jpg
    During the winter, a steamed sponge.
    Summer- various rasberry conconctions or carageen moss desserts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭lallychops

bannan loaf? its boring right? i have accidentally yet brilliantly transformed it.

fried toffee bannana loaf. basically the bannanas get put into a pan of caramel and then put into the middle of the basic madeira cake mixture. then dark chocolate chunks thrown in too. eat warm mashed up in a bowl with vanilla icecream...... mmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭daigo75

Bonet, pudding, or panna cotta. Can't beat them for taste and simplicity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 higginsshane70

Dinkie wrote: »
    My grandmothers dessert.

Make a custard flan
    Put a layer of apricot jam on top
    Top with whipped cream and grated chocolate on top.

Always goes down a treat and its a really light dessert.

I prepared it for my wife and she was delighted, thanks a lot for this simple recipe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Banoffi cupcakes are my favourite. Make banana cupcakes, swirl through some dulce de leche before they go in the oven and when them cool top them with whipped cream, a slice of banana and drizzle over more dulce de leche. They're amazing!

Bananas stuffed with peanut butter and squares of chocolate grilled on the BBQ are great too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Follow the Plan

Cheesecake baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement