Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Switchover - UTV Region (DigitalUK)

Options
1565758596062»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Souriau

Message came up on the screen to remind viewers to do a retune from 25th August on Freeview

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭stam

Yes ITV 4 came on today for me from brougher mountain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

stam wrote: »
    Yes ITV 4 came on today for me from brougher mountain

Surely Brougher Mountain is a main transmitter and already had ITV4. Do you not mean a relay of Brougher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

I'd say there's plenty of people that can get the PSBs from Brougher no problem, but can't get the coms., as they're down on power (2 KW v. 20 KW) & co-channel with Divis PSBs (100 KW).

Yes Brougher mt i can only get CH 22 / and CH 28 as there on high power it does me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pluto_322

Same position for me. Receive ch22/28 @ up to 100% strength and quality. Can only receive ch21/24/27 very occasionally. One curious point, I receive PSB HD services on ch25 at high strength and quality from October to June but nothing during summer months. Any ideas why this should happen?

pluto_322 wrote: »
    One curious point, I receive PSB HD services on ch25 at high strength and quality from October to June but nothing during summer months. Any ideas why this should happen?

Trees coming into leaf?

Same here but what I found was when I had the old analogue from Brougher mt the summer was the best signal for it I could even pull in divis good but the winter the signal not great since it went to digital on Brougher mt i find it's the other way round the summer is ok sometimes no signal but once the winter months start I have no problems well that's how it works for me nothing to do with trees as I'm in an open area

The Castlebar transmitter on channels 22 & 25 could cause trouble for some receiving Brougher, moreso I suppose in the kind of high pressure weather that causes signals to travel further than usual.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

There could also be a seasonal local analogue transmission in operation. For example there was a local farmer broadcasting CCTV pictures from his farm around here in the 90s from the farm to his house about 2km away. There was no LoS between the farm and the home so the power needed to get coverage at his house meant that most of the village could pick it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Mr. Rabbit

UTV is also in the process of being sold off to ITV.

Wonder how this will affect current arrangements ? I assume UTV will change to ITV (NI ?) on all EPGs. Will we now get ITV+1 (NI ?) on satellite ?

Or could the UTV +1 on Freeview end up as ITV +1 Granada as in the case of ITV Border Scotland ?

Interesting times ahead for the region.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Mr. Rabbit wrote: »
    UTV is also in the process of being sold off to ITV.

Wonder how this will affect current arrangements ? I assume UTV will change to ITV (NI ?) on all EPGs. Will we now get ITV+1 (NI ?) on satellite ?

Or could the UTV +1 on Freeview end up as ITV +1 Granada as in the case of ITV Border Scotland ?

Interesting times ahead for the region.

The lack of some ITV + 1 regions on satellite is due primarily to capacity, but there are more ITV + 1 (and ITV HD) regions than there used to be. I imagine with Freeview there are cost implications preventing all regions from appearing currently, but I don't see a reason why the NI region would lose its +1 service given that the infrastructure is in place to provide it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Speaking of ITV 1 HD the preseli wales transmitter which I use in South Wicklow, I just noticed tonight now has Itv 1 wales hd instead of Itv1 central hd
    Its nice to have welsh news back in my living room as opposed to Birmingham news
    The local studio is proper hd not upscaled

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mgc102

From Limavady transmitter channels have been rearranged. Lcn 122 (CITV) was on channel 54 and now on channel 49. Retune required on my box I couldn't see it mentioned when I checked digital UK site.

Advertisement