Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fight card immortal 4

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Good one!

Could you really think that after his last fight with Owen?

Greg Loughran is not fighting in Ireland anymore I believe. Is Norman Parke dropping down? I would easily pick Conor over any of those fighters except Greg!

I think it's very unfair to say that. Aren't many people in Ireland ( and europe) game enough to get in against Owen. I don't think this mmaireland chap hasn't anything to do with kokoro despite the name similarity.

fair play to conor winning 4 second or there abouts KO. that's a highlight reeler for sure. hope he gets more fights in the future against the top guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Kal_El

I cant belive people still think fighters are ducking Conor McGreagor. I mean really. Hes just been unlucky with some fights and injuries. The lad needs a challenge and untill he gets it people will say hes all hype. That as you all say is the fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mmmm...not sure

I don't think you can say that's a fact because no fighter is going to admit to dodging another fighter and I presume you haven't went around and asked every single fighter he was meant to fight were they dodging him, now conor is a great fighter and great showman to watch if his career stays on track he can be one of the best and I hope to see it as I like to watch him fight even if it is for only 4 seconds lol

@conor cassidy I hope you don't get rid of old c class al togetherr I enjoy watching James fight although in my opinion he needs more of a challenge to show his skills fighting someone he already beat in 20 seconds before will not offer him that, hope to be at the next show as haven't be disapponted by an immortal fight night yet

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MMAIRELANDFAN

Seen as he's 66kg now how about Tim Murphy too.

just seen his name here and he would be a test for Mcgregor

maybe a step too far for there management.

back to work, break over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

McGregor is imo the best irish talent on the scene at the moment. I think he will be fighting in the UFC in the next 2 years, or at least when they come over to here i feel his name should be first up.

Regardless if the guy is fighting " cans " or not ( which i don't think he is ). He's fighting, a lot and he's been very active. It's a pleasure to watch this guy fight and I'm just annoyed he won't be fighting at CC on April 30th because i want to see him fight again.

Scary prospect that kid is.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

cowzerp wrote: »
    I doubt it was 4 seconds... think there is some exaggerating there!

after reviewing the tape on conor's facebook page i can say that paul is correct, was a complete exaggeration....it was clearly 5 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭TEAM RYANO

well done conor on a good win ,he can only fight the guys they put on front of him.
    i think he will do very well at this weight,i tnink conor is a different fighter to the one he was a year ago.
    cheers andy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Is this chap the same MMAIRELANDFAN that was givin out bout Dustin West fightin on RIR on another site?
    Curiosity

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Is this chap the same MMAIRELANDFAN that was givin out bout Dustin West fightin on RIR on another site?
    Curiosity

Well as seen as i have been told who wrote that on the other site, i checked there boards name off this 1 and there not linked, plus there views would not be the same as mmairelandfan anyway so i knew it was not the same person.

on a side note as much as it's nice to know who your talking to, nobody has to give out there details on here.

Conor is 1 of the top feather's or lightweights around in my opinion and i would not be suprised if his next fight would be against someone at the top of the tree that would put him in a position to prove that.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

Greg Loughran, Norman Parke, Joe Clarke, Benjamin Davis, Kevin Mcalonan, Kevin Carney, in that order.

One of Kokoro's fighters told me Shane Thomas fancies his chances with him so if none of these where available would be interesting as shane has black belt in Karate and fancy's his Judo too.

With the Exception of loughran Conor would probably beat all these convincingly. Including parkes IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

next opponent for conor

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Artur-Sowinski-24106

June 11th

Celtic Gladiator II

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭mmaireland.com

Could you really think that after his last fight with Owen?
    :rolleyes: Really?

One of Kokoro's fighters told me Shane Thomas fancies his chances with him so if none of these where available.
    WTF? I'm retired for a reason. I'm too old, too slow and too feckin' busy as a coach of one of Ireland's largest teams to fight anywhere close to my best.

Sure, I've never ducked ANYONE and have only ever really stood in front of solid fighters with big pedigrees (most being title holders). That said, I have absolutely no interest in fighting Conor. I can't see ANYONE in my team having suggested that I'd be up for it. I'm heading off into the sunset whereas Conor is a good 15 years my junior and on the up, up, up. Laughable suggestion.

I've spoken with Conor many a time. He would duck NO-ONE and fight anyone. He's taking people out like a bowling ball through skittles. Give him some credit will you? He deserves it.

tommyl2010 wrote: »
    hit a black belt once he becomes a purple belt and so on....

Just reading back over this thread. Cant belive i missed this classic post here. Deff a nomination for daft post of the year. lol just lol.

Good to see Conor getting a bigger challenge next time out. Paddy Doc wasnt an easy opponent for him by any stretch of the imagination. In fairness tho Paddy is a Bantam that has been inactive for a while but i did think Conor would beat him. Didnt think it would be soo quick tho. Credit where Credits due. Paddy had a hard head on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Kal_El wrote: »
    Just reading back over this thread. Cant belive i missed this classic post here. Deff a nomination for daft post of the year. lol just lol.

Good to see Conor getting a bigger challenge next time out. Paddy Doc wasnt an easy opponent for him by any stretch of the imagination. In fairness tho Paddy is a Bantam that has been inactive for a while but i did think Conor would beat him. Didnt think it would be soo quick tho. Credit where Credits due. Paddy had a hard head on him.
    Pretty sure it was matt hughes or someone of that pedigree who said it first, I'll inform him of his silly idea

Pretty sure it was matt hughes or someone of that pedigree who said it first, I'll inform him of his silly idea

I stand corrected! Matt Hughes never says anything stupid at all!:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

next opponent for conor

June 11th

Celtic Gladiator II
    I was going to say "that would be a good fight" but Sowinski beat his last opponent in similar fashion to Conor so it will either be:
    a 3 round stalemate
    a 10 second war

Genuinely though, if it's in the same cage that was used last time in Portlaoise it will be all action. They'll be nose to nose from the off so this might be one to get to.

cowzerp wrote: »
    Well as seen as i have been told who wrote that on the other site, i checked there boards name off this 1 and there not linked, plus there views would not be the same as mmairelandfan anyway so i knew it was not the same person.
    Ah right was just curious. Haters gonna hate

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MMAIRELANDFAN

next opponent for conor

June 11th

Celtic Gladiator II

So a tall weak opponent who will be suited to connors' style again

I'm so surprised it's none of the fighters people know who i mentioned!

Great management in fairness, by the time the UFC get here he will have every can in Ireland on his record book.

• Advertisement

Great management in fairness, by the time the UFC get here he will have every can in Ireland on his record book.

People were callin for this fight a couple months ago. Shame on the promoter/coaches for puttin on a fight people wanna see. Sowinski is a well rounded guy who is anythin but weak.
    We picked through your list. You basically put forward anyone on fight.ie top 10 in each division most of which were inactive.
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭_oveless

After seeing the video of his fight, would you say that to his face?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Tall... eh? So I take it you'll be happy when Conor fights someone... smaller than him?

This Polish lad is no slouch. Beat his opponent in 30 seconds or so at the last Celtic Gladiator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Jesus you do nothing but complain about who he fights. Let it go, he can only fight who's put in front of him

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Kieran81

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLzd3KUzvS4
    doesnt look too shabby to me

Advertisement