Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fight card immortal 4

Options
  • 14-04-2011 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

pro a
    myles price sbg V stephen coll rg
    conor mc gregor sbg V paddy doherty efr
    tom maguire sbg V stuart davies england
    pro b
    hugh harris spirit V damien mc fall ta-jitsu
    peter doyle ryano V eugene mc cauley sft
    new c class
    marius aleksandrvicius ferocity V brain gorman ff
    mal mc fall ta-jitsu V chris meeny congo
    cormac copeland fai V killian kerney congo
    joe mc colgan ta-jitsu V tiarana carlin sft
    old c class
    josh boal imma V gavin kelly evolve
    adam mc garity fai V james gallagher sft
    ciaran slim congo V paddy mc bride rg
    paddy copeland fai V axl ricter sft
    gregor lenark imma V marcus monanagh ff
    aaron feeny ta-jitsu V aaron delvin sft
    micheal henry imma V paddy mc conigaly rg

thanks to all the clubs who support the show
    doors open 6 30 first fight 7 30
    radission hotel letterkenny
    16th april

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Anyone have the results?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Conor McGregor won in 4 seconds!

Myles Price won in the 2nd round by body shot.

Tom Maguire won also.

Good night for SBG. Mrs Lynch is posting all the results on her facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 DamoUp

Winners in Bold

myles price sbg V stephen coll rg
    conor mc gregor sbg V paddy doherty efr
    tom maguire sbg V stuart davies england
    pro b
    hugh harris spirit V damien mc fall ta-jitsu
    peter doyle ryano V eugene mc cauley sft
    new c class
    marius aleksandrvicius ferocity V brain gorman ff
    mal mc fall ta-jitsu V chris meeny congo
    cormac copeland fai V killian kerney congo
    joe mc colgan ta-jitsu V tiarana carlin sft
    old c class
    josh boal imma V gavin kelly evolve
    adam mc garity fai V james gallagher sft
    ciaran slim congo V paddy mc bride rg
    paddy copeland fai V axl ricter sft
    gregor lenark imma V marcus monanagh ff
    aaron feeny ta-jitsu V aaron delvin sft
    micheal henry imma V paddy mc conigaly rg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭_oveless

Conor McGregor won in 4 seconds!

Surely that must be a record of some kind?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

_oveless wrote: »
    Surely that must be a record of some kind?

I doubt it was 4 seconds, sure just to meet in the center would take that then the ref will usually let fighter hit ground before making decision-i was not there but think there is some exaggerating there!

Personally i thought he'd win quick, would love to see Ben Davis and Conor fight-thats 1 i would pay to see.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Kieran81

did tom o'sullivan ko a guy up north last year around halloween on a clan wars show in 4 seconds too or that someone else? anyhow 4/5/10/15seconds its ridiculously fast conor clearly not being paid by the hour

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

gutted for paddy , knowing how hard he worked for this fight but testament to paddy he'll be back and badder than ever next time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Kal_El

What club was the lad that fought Myles from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Rillion Gracie.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    I reckon Conor must be on about €4k an hour now pro rata!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MMAIRELANDFAN

I reckon Conor must be on about €4k an hour now pro rata!

To beat up blown up Bantam weights and Punchbags thats good money.
    Let him fight a real Feather or Light weight please and stop hand picking fights as he's no longer a novice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭_oveless

Let him fight a real Feather or Light weight please and stop hand picking fights as he's no longer a novice.

Do you have anyone in mind?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

You fight who is put on front of you.

edit: Good thing his management hand-picked Joe Duffy then?

_oveless wrote: »
    Do you have anyone in mind?

Greg Loughran, Norman Parke, Joe Clarke, Benjamin Davis, Kevin Mcalonan, Kevin Carney, in that order.

One of Kokoro's fighters told me Shane Thomas fancies his chances with him so if none of these where available would be interesting as shane has black belt in Karate and fancy's his Judo too.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭troygracie

just to make a comment as promoter of immortal can i make it clear that none of the fights on my show are hand picked a try to match guys so that they are top quality fights and that each fighter is tested so that they can show there skills cause isnt that what competing is all about to improve in each fight and to get better and to fight better fights each time with harder fighters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭tommyl2010

Greg Loughran, Norman Parke, Joe Clarke, Benjamin Davis, Kevin Mcalonan, Kevin Carney, in that order.

One of Kokoro's fighters told me Shane Thomas fancies his chances with him so if none of these where available would be interesting as shane has black belt in Karate and fancy's his Judo too.

hit a black belt once he becomes a purple belt and so on....

troygracie wrote: »
    just to make a comment as promoter of immortal can i make it clear that none of the fights on my show are hand picked a try to match guys so that they are top quality fights and that each fighter is tested so that they can show there skills cause isnt that what competing is all about to improve in each fight and to get better and to fight better fights each time with harder fighters

So putting a Bantam who has not fought in ages in with a recent Light weight who people are talking big about is not hand picked?

How has Paddy been tested for this fight when he has not been active and is a Bantam?

Any more Bantams out there that can be asked to fight him!!!!

Lamb to the slaughter one might say.

as shane has black belt in Karate and fancy's his Judo too.

Good one!

Could you really think that after his last fight with Owen?

Greg Loughran is not fighting in Ireland anymore I believe. Is Norman Parke dropping down? I would easily pick Conor over any of those fighters except Greg!

So putting a Bantam who has not fought in ages in with a recent Light weight who people are talking big about is not hand picked?

How has Paddy been tested for this fight when he has not been active and is a Bantam?

Atleast he didn't duck him like a lot of fighters.

• Advertisement

well from what i hear paddy went into the fight feeling great and haven worked hard and he accepted the fight knowing who conor is who he had faught etc. You cant claim someone has a padded record when there record is 7-2. And the fact of the matter is alot of 'big' names wont fight him because it just wouldnt make sense for them too for there own career, so does conor just sit out until someone decides there ready to fight him or take what he is givin in the time being?

typical begrudgin bull**** in my opinion

Atleast he didn't duck him like a lot of fighters.
    tommyl2010 wrote: »
    well from what i hear paddy went into the fight feeling great and haven worked hard and he accepted the fight knowing who conor is who he had faught etc. You cant claim someone has a padded record when there record is 7-2. And the fact of the matter is alot of 'big' names wont fight him because it just wouldnt make sense for them too for there own career, so does conor just sit out until someone decides there ready to fight him or take what he is givin in the time being?

typical begrudgin bull**** in my opinion

Let's hear it so
    Who won't fight him?
    This is a Myth as i hear that on here but never any names-why because it's not true
    Where any of the above i named asked to fight him?
    Also it's ok for him to fight blown up Bantams but not to fight Lightweights when thats where he has been for ages because it will be a challenge.

Let's hear it so
    Who won't fight him?
    This is a Myth as i hear that on here but never any names-why because it's not true
    Where any of the above i named asked to fight him?
    Also it's ok for him to fight blown up Bantams but not to fight Lightweights when thats where he has been for ages because it will be a challenge.

you call yourself mma ireland fan but clearly you have no clue what is going on in irish mma at all! No one will name names because its not my place nor anyone elses place to do so. People in the community all know exactly who people talk about when they say that because its not rumours its facts, simple as! I would love to see conor fight everyone on your list, as im sure conor would love to fight them all. Im also sure everyone of them would love to fight conor, HOWEVER fighters do not decide to fight fighters managers along with promoters do and alot of managers will reject fights to protect there fighters with a bigger target in mind. Makes sense from a business point of view.

tommyl2010 wrote: »
    you call yourself mma ireland fan but clearly you have no clue what is going on in irish mma at all! No one will name names because its not my place nor anyone elses place to do so. People in the community all know exactly who people talk about when they say that because its not rumours its facts, simple as! I would love to see conor fight everyone on your list, as im sure conor would love to fight them all. Im also sure everyone of them would love to fight conor, HOWEVER fighters do not decide to fight fighters managers along with promoters do and alot of managers will reject fights to protect there fighters with a bigger target in mind. Makes sense from a business point of view.

This is a chat forum so people can suggest people who won't fight him if they want but they cant because they don't know any but have been told its happening.

Only people not willing to fight him are people who should not be fighting him in the 1st place as he has more experience in Striking and MMA

This lad has been held back long enough hoping the UFC come over and it's past time to put him in with a challenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Rickson1

Paddy Doherty ain't no novice and isn't a "punchbag" as you smugly referred to him as. Do a bit of research and you would find that he has beat a few fighters who were ranked in the top 10 in Europe at one point or another.
    If you're on to bad mouth people or inadvertently have a go at them then try and keep your opinions to yourself.

Rickson1 wrote: »
    Paddy Doherty ain't no novice and isn't a "punchbag" as you smugly referred to him as. Do a bit of research and you would find that he has beat a few fighters who were ranked in the top 10 in Europe at one point or another.
    If you're on to bad mouth people or inadvertently have a go at them then try and keep your opinions to yourself.

I said he was a blown up Bantam weight who was also out of action and that Conor is not a Novice

please read correctly as you took it all out of context

Paddy is decent but would be lacking sharpness and is naturally lighter which is perfect match up for building up a fighters record while looking some way respectable.

Anyway im finishing work so going home so have said my bit for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mmmm...not sure

I cannot believe how little this mma Ireland fan knows about Irish mma I don't claim to know everything but I know conor mc gregor has had lads pull out on him, not turn up and fighters refusing to fight him, conor is on the way up but still not the best about in Ireland but very close and his flamboyant style makes him a hot topic to talk about and it's unfortunate but fighters are out for their own career and the top lads conor needs to fight might not want to risk their progress to fight him Its not right but it's the way it is.

Back on topic the show had good fights in my view to many old c class and nearly all went the distance leaving it very late before the new c class and pro fights started, alot of controversy on the night about tiarian carlin fight he was winning the fight but was a fair stoppage by the ref the other fighter did get in good position to GNP and win he fight good decision I thought and fight of the night was peter Doyle and Eugene mc cauley again controversy but peter Doyle was winning the fight in all rounds and Eugene did get in full mount but wasn't able to GNP to get the fight stopped and Doyle easy flipped him and started to GNP properly and got the win. Good event but atmosphere is better in Strabane

thanks mmm not sure for your comments as always a will take them on board and try to make my show better in the furtue reason for letterkenny is that strabane just dose not have a large enough venue to deal with the ammount of tickets being sold as we are trying to make the show bigger and better each time . yes there were prob to many old c class fights and we will be cutting down on them next time but if i was to cut them out competely it would not give the likes of james gallagher axl ricter chance to compete to name a few not all mma clubs signed up to the new rules esp in the north . as for mma ireland fans comments are madness to say these things about paddy doc is so disrespectful to paddy who is a top quality fighter but hes allowed to have his view just have to laugh the way he wants ppl to name names yet am sure if hes asked for his own name he would not give that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

Ye never know , with the right amount of preparation and advertising yese could use the millenium forum or somewhere next time :D

• Advertisement

the forum is in derry mate and thats were chaos have there show so would not have it there a think letterkenny is a good venue and its pretty central to with derry and strabane only 20 mins away

Advertisement