Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sos on late late show 2moro

Options
  • 14-04-2011 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

is this true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

partyndbs wrote: »
    is this true?

He'll be at Raw no?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Raw is in London next Monday and they are touring Ireland and the uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

That'd be reason and a half to actually watch the Late Late Show for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

dammit you got my hopes up. He could logistically be there. Have his match around 9pm and he could be at RTE by 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Least it won't be Tubirdy :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭*tripsi*

Tubrity's twitter :D:D:D:D:D
    Just did the briefing on Josh Groban. He seems like an extremely good guy. Funny and talented. WWE star,Sheamus O'Shaughnessy joins too #LLS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Lol, wonder if he'll have his entrance music!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The Only footage RTE will have is the time he was on Podge and Rodge.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Raw is in London next Monday and they are touring Ireland and the uk.

yeah but isnt Raw on here tomorrow night in the o2? unless his interview is taped beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

krudler wrote: »
    yeah but isnt Raw on here tomorrow night in the o2? unless his interview is taped beforehand.

He will probably go straight from the o2 to the RTE studios. They aren't too far away from each other. Many people do a show in Dublin on Friday evening, and then go straight to Donnybrook for the Late Late show. Jessie J did it last week I beleive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

yay, looking forward to it. Maybe RTE can use this as an opportunity for Sheamus to attack Ryan to write him off TV while he goes to the BBC :)

Celtic Cross through Tubridy's desk, booyah, greatest LLS moment ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

About f*cking time the LLS had him on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

That'll be right good fair play fella I think they turned their noses up at Bret Hart before when he was doing his book rounds but I guess with Sheamo being Irish there's another angle.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Charisteas wrote: »
    He will probably go straight from the o2 to the RTE studios. They aren't too far away from each other. Many people do a show in Dublin on Friday evening, and then go straight to Donnybrook for the Late Late show. Jessie J did it last week I beleive.

The show in the o2 starts at 7 anyway. He could be out of the arena after a match early on and be over in the studios before the Late Late even starts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I can only imagine how rubbish Tubridy will be interviewing him. "my gosh you're a big lad arent ya? so this wrestling thing..... its not really real is it?" Then he'll interupt Sheamus when hes answering the question with another question. What a dope.

God I'd love if it was Uncle Gaybo doing the interview. "Dear-E-Me, Heavens-Above would you LOOK at the size of you!". Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Obviously he is going to be promoting wwe to high heaven tomorrow night, but heres hoping he gives a lot of info on local wrestling promotions and give them a little rub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

A friend of mine who worls for the Late Late texted me about this earlier alright. Hopefully the cringe factor will be kept to a minmum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I can only imagine how rubbish Tubridy will be interviewing him. "my gosh you're a big lad arent ya? so this wrestling thing..... its not really real is it?" Then he'll interupt Sheamus when hes answering the question with another question. What a dope.
    That's how i see it going aswell, who knows though, Tubs could be a closet wrestling sports entertainment fan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Degag wrote: »
    That's how i see it going aswell, who knows though, Tubs could be a closet wrestling sports entertainment fan!

No chance Tubridy looks down his nose on almost everything. He'll ask Sheamus what does he make of the recession & the typical oirish questions he seems to always ask.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

I know boards.ie used to **** on the dude but Gerry Ryan was always respectful and relatively clued in when he used to interview Wrestlers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

drayme wrote: »
    I know boards.ie used to **** on the dude but Gerry Ryan was always respectful and relatively clued in when he used to interview Wrestlers.

yeah i remember the time's he interviewed the hitman and steve austin, 2 very good interviews, and if my memory is correct the austin interview went for nearly an hour.

looking forward to sheamus on the late late, but really hope he doesnt do the interview in character, like i've seen him doing before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

I dont trust the bean pole for one minute to carry this interview off, but hey at least hes on there which is a plus in anyones book

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Degag wrote: »

Oh Tubs is well used to the closet all right I'd say :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

i can see the cringe factor going through the roof on this one. any time a wresler, sorry entertainer is interviewed on mainstream tv it's usually so patronising and condescending. i suspect tubridy wont have a clue whatsoever. hopefully he'll treat seamus with respect, allow him to speak and not assume he's some brainless moron jacked up on steriods.

i wonder will seamus be allowed use the terms "wrestling" , "wrestlers" etc or will he simply refer to himself as i superstar etc

Remember, Tubs has two boys around 8(?) so surely he would know enough of him, and wrestling, from them perhaps.

This interview is going to be more about sheamus and his rise up from the dank damp streets of dublin, to the glorious sunny and sandy florida and then going all around the world.
    If he was just another wrestler then i can see this being cringe-a-rific, but there will be more questions about him.. i hope.

I can imagine some parent being stuck in the o2 tonight going "i cant believe im missing the late late to have to go to this..!"
    To get home and stick on their sky+'d to see sheamus on the show. :pac:

Pentecost wrote: »
    That'll be right good fair play fella I think they turned their noses up at Bret Hart before when he was doing his book rounds but I guess with Sheamo being Irish there's another angle.

Its kinda ridiculous that theres an Irish WWE champion (or at least was the champion) and barely anyone who doesnt watch wrestling knows about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

krudler wrote: »
    Its kinda ridiculous that theres an Irish WWE champion (or at least was the champion) and barely anyone who doesnt watch wrestling knows about it.

Also this fella:

DevittVsTAKA2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭driverite

CMpunked wrote: »
    Remember, Tubs has two boys around 8(?) so surely he would know enough of him, and wrestling, from them perhaps.

:pac:

Tubridy has 2 girls, one is 13 the other around 4,

• Advertisement

driverite wrote: »
    Tubridy has 2 girls, one is 13 the other around 4,

Oh..
    tumblr_meme_faces_poker_face_RE_my_first_post-s257x244-154573.jpg

Advertisement