Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

don ramo wrote: »
    and get a better ratings system, for a country supposedly obsessed with tv they dont seem to watch a whole lot of it,

breaking bad is probably the best show airing at the moment, i know it on cable, but seriously not even 2 million people wacthed the last episode, not 2 million out of 300 million, that can not be right, i find it really hard to believe,

only 2 or 3 shows regularly break the 20 million viewers mark and there reality shows, what the **** are the other 280 million people over there watching:confused::confused::confused:

US Viewing Figures for OCT 3-9th

1. NFL Football: Green Bay at Atlanta, NBC, 22.05m

2. NCIS, CBS, 19.35m

3. Two and a Half Men, CBS, 17.71m

4. Dancing With the Stars, ABC, 16.56m

5. Sunday Night NFL Pre-Kick, NBC, 15.54m

6. Dancing With the Stars Results, ABC, 15.28m

7. NCIS: Los Angeles, CBS, 14.78m

8. The Big Bang Theory, CBS, 13.92m

9. Criminal Minds, CBS, 13.43m

10. 60 Minutes, CBS, 13.29m

11. Modern Family, ABC, 13.24m

12. Mike & Molly, CBS, 13.2m

13. The Mentalist, CBS, 13.15m

14. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, CBS, 11.98m

15. Football Night in America, Part 3, NBC, 11.94m

16. The X-Factor (Wednesday), Fox, 11.93m

17. The X-Factor (Thursday), Fox, 11.67m

18. Unforgettable, CBS, 11.58m

19. Person of Interest, CBS, 11.57m

20. 2 Broke Girls, CBS, 11.42m

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

ABC has given both Revenge and Suburgatory full 22 episode orders

Sweet:).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭squonk

I'm rooting for Person of Interest at this stage. the show looks pretty good and I want to see more of it which is a good sign.

I take back my criticism of Up All Night. I really hated the first episode but it's improving quite a lot. Even my biggest gripe early on has been addressed. Mainly it was that I absolutely hated the sight and sound of Maya Rudolph but the character has really grown on me now and I think they've toned her down a bit or something. It's weird, I actually like the characters at this stage and will be sorry if the show gets the chop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

US Viewing Figures for OCT 3-9th

1. NFL Football: Green Bay at Atlanta, NBC, 22.05m

2. NCIS, CBS, 19.35m

4. Dancing With the Stars, ABC, 16.56m

5. Sunday Night NFL Pre-Kick, NBC, 15.54m

6. Dancing With the Stars Results, ABC, 15.28m

7. NCIS: Los Angeles, CBS, 14.78m

8. The Big Bang Theory, CBS, 13.92m

9. Criminal Minds, CBS, 13.43m

10. 60 Minutes, CBS, 13.29m

11. Modern Family, ABC, 13.24m

12. Mike & Molly, CBS, 13.2m

13. The Mentalist, CBS, 13.15m

14. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, CBS, 11.98m

15. Football Night in America, Part 3, NBC, 11.94m

16. The X-Factor (Wednesday), Fox, 11.93m

17. The X-Factor (Thursday), Fox, 11.67m

18. Unforgettable, CBS, 11.58m

19. Person of Interest, CBS, 11.57m

20. 2 Broke Girls, CBS, 11.42m
    i dunno what your point is:confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

I think he's confirming what you said about only a few shows breaking 20m viewers according to official ratings, which can't be right in a country the size of the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Baffling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

I believe I called Charlies Angel earlier (without having seen it).

It's a bloodbath this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Johnmb wrote: »
    I think he's confirming what you said about only a few shows breaking 20m viewers according to official ratings, which can't be right in a country the size of the US.
    This + just throwing it up what the top ratings are.
    Mr E wrote: »
    Baffling.
    It's down from a Season Opener of 29 Million!

• Advertisement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I didn't see this coming!

Your losing your touch Richard.

This + just throwing it up what the top ratings are.

It's down from a Season Opener of 29 Million!
    ah, ok, weird that the 14th highest rated show in below 12 million, deffinately something wrong with that rating system,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,495 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sons of Anarchy renewed for fifth season

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sons of Anarchy renewed for fifth season

Awesome news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

squonk wrote: »
    I wish they'd cancel Up All Night. I watched the first ep last night. A complete snore fest from beginning to end. I hate the coup and I hate their ugly baby and loud best friend. compared to that Free Agents looked great and it's cancelled... please, God, Please!!!!

Bad news - full season pickup

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/10/04/nbc-gives-full-season-orders-to-up-all-night-whitney/

• Advertisement

A&E drama The Glades has been renewed for a third season

Sirens has been axed by Channel 4

Full season pickups for Person of Interest and Unforgettable.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=83524

Full season pickups for Person of Interest and Unforgettable.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=83524

Good to see PoI getting a pickup. I'm up to ep3 of Unforgettable and, to my mind, the show so far is actually fairly forgettable. I'd say there's room to improve.

Any word on Prime Suspect yet? I'm really liking this show.

Also, a show that's confounding me and is my Love/Hate show this season is 'A Gifted Man'. It's actually improving as it goes and I'm wondering if it'll get picked up. I kind of hate it but I want to see where they'll take it all the same!

• Advertisement

Not unexpected, Showtime has renewed Homeland for a second series: http://www.tvline.com/2011/10/showtime-renews-homeland-season-2/

No shock here, widely expected....American Horror Story renewed for season 2:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/10/31/american-horror-story-renewed-season-two/

Downton Abbey has been picked up for a third series by ITV

ABC has given full season orders to Once Upon A Time, Last Man Standing and Happy Endings. In addition 5 more scripts have been ordered for Pan Am (this translates into positive signs additional episodes will be ordered)

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/11/03/abc-picks-up-full-seasons-of-once-upon-a-time-last-man-standing-and-happy-endings-orders-additional-scripts-for-pan-am/109596/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29

^ must say i am very pleased by these pickups.

Starz has just ordered a THIRD season of Spartacus, before the second even aires! [January 27th btw].

In addition FX has ordered an additional episode of Sons Of Anarchy bringing the current season total to 14 eps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Simo65

I've just finished watching Season 7 of "Rescue Me" on RTE2. Does anyone know if this is the end of "Rescue Me" or is it getting an 8th Season?

Season 7 was the final season.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Simo65

Thanks for that, it's a real shame - loved that show.

Weeds renewed for an 8th season, most likely it's last.

Rules Of Engagement has it's episode order cut from 18 to 13, probably be it's last season:

http://www.deadline.com/2011/11/cbs-cuts-order-to-rules-of-engagement/

Further article about the show: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Rules-Engagement-Manages-1039597.aspx

• Advertisement

Prime Suspect cancelled by NBC, production halted, will air all it's 13 eps. - to think this crap lasted longer the TPC! [feckin' joke!]: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/11/15/prime-suspect-production-shut-down-by-nbc/110849/

A Gifted Man gets a 3 episode back order, ergo....cancelled.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/11/cbs-gives-a-gifted-man-3-episode-order/

Ah no :(. I was really liking Prime Suspect. Feck!

I'm kind of sorry about A Gifted Man too. it had upped it's game somewhat over the past while. I initially hated it but it stabilised and was actually turning into an alright show. I'd say a lot of people may have been put off by the first 4-5 eps though. I've still to work out why the ghost of the ex-wife is smiling all the time. It's sort of dumb.

I liked a Gifted Man too.... a decent spin on a medical drama. Patrick Wilson does a good job portraying someone who was a total asshole changing (slowly) into someone who gives a shit. Shame.

In other renewal news, South Park has been renewed through season 20 (so at least 5 more years). The last few seasons have paralleled the Simpsons downward descent, so lets hope the new contract is the kick up the ass that Parker and Stone need to be funny again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

In other renewal news, South Park has been renewed through season 20 (so at least 5 more years). The last few seasons have paralleled the Simpsons downward descent, so lets hope the new contract is the kick up the ass that Parker and Stone need to be funny again.

The latest run has been really good, on par with the early seasons. Now that the distraction of their musical is gone they can concentrate fully on SP.

Got bored last season and hated the first one this season so haven't gone back. If you say it improved after that, I'll give it another go.... cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Got bored last season and hated the first one this season so haven't gone back. If you say it improved after that, I'll give it another go.... cheers.

Second half of the season (after the summer break) is where it improves.

I liked a Gifted Man too.... a decent spin on a medical drama. Patrick Wilson does a good job portraying someone who was a total asshole changing (slowly) into someone who gives a shit. Shame.

You see, my problem with the show early on wasn't that the guy was an asshole. The people around him were. My take on it was that he was highly successful and running his own business and he needed to be at the top of his game. He wasn't that much of an asshole all things considered. He is seen paying his sister's rent for her and being told in the process he's an asshole. His ex-wife shows up and makes completely unreasonable demands and he does his best to help but the people at the clinic are a bunch of freeloaders who, if something wasn't put in place, would have happily glommed off him because 'Hey, he's rich, he can afford it!'. The times he did tell the clinic to get stuffed, he was quite within his right to do so I felt.

It's like any of us really. We do our 9-5's and we volunteer at various things but if your local soccer club is asking you to come in every day to supervise coaching at lunchtime then you are well within your right to draw a line there.

In this case, everyone's health is important but the guy was going over and above the call in all this and I came down on his side I must say. That's why I hated the series early on.

P.S. Isn't it great though that a show can make you think really and evoke a strong opinion really. I'm sure there are people the other side of the fence who think I'm an AHole for my comments above but it's a heck of a lot better than an awful lot of telly that doesn't make you think at all. In that respect, I'm going to be very sorry to see the show go now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Not sure if I'm overly happy about that, I've found a lot of this season's episodes to be pretty stale... Hopefully you're right about it giving them a bit of a new lease of life.

dexter renewed for 2 more seasons:D:(:D:(, i dunno how i feel about that, love it but can they keep up the quality

http://www.tvline.com/2011/11/showtime-dexter-renewed-season-7-8/

• Advertisement

Pan Am got an additional episode order [14 eps.] but not a done deal, as such the show is effectively cancelled after 13 or however many extra eps. it gets.

Man Up will see out it's 13 eps. and cancelled.

Body Of Proof gets 3 additional eps. bringing season 2 to 21 eps. [reports say it's actually only 20 eps.]

I strongly suspect Work It won't make it past 2 or 3 eps. before being pulled and axed.

Netflix to ressurect Arrested Development for fresh eps.: http://www.tvline.com/2011/11/arrested-development-new-episodes-netflix/

Cougar Town episode order cut to 15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

are there any shows that started this year that are hits, in terms of popularity and critically?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

dexter renewed for 2 more seasons:D:(:D:(, i dunno how i feel about that, love it but can they keep up the quality

http://www.tvline.com/2011/11/showtime-dexter-renewed-season-7-8/

They already didn't keep up the quality in seasons 3 and 5, and most of 6...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

are there any shows that started this year that are hits, in terms of popularity and critically?

New Girl
    Once Upon a Time

They already didn't keep up the quality in seasons 3 and 5, and most of 6...
    in your opinion;)

person of interest, 2 broke girls and new girl id say are the only shows i would say are bankers for a second season, there good shows with solid ratings,

New Girl
    Once Upon a Time

new girl really?

ouat looks wet.

i mean watched and liked by as many people as lost or sopranos or 24 even.

• Advertisement

Once Upon A Time and Revenge, New Girl and 2 Broke Girls are hits.

In other news, Channel 7 Australia has cancelled period show Wild Boys: molkstvtalk.com/opinon/wild-boys-cancelled/

http://tvweek.ninemsn.com.au/blog.aspx?blogentryid=949439&showcomments=true

No, once upon a time has only had 4 eps ffs, im talking big critically acclaimed shows, your putting 2 broke girls in the same class as the sopranos?

I would say Suits and New Girl

game of thrones,
    homeland is/was getting very positive reviews, last one i watched was ep 3 so ive been avoiding the thread about it, the first 3 eps were brilliant,

also what liz said both good shows,

• Advertisement
Advertisement