Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belcamp College On Fire

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭u2gooner

I was working in there area at the time of the fire, drove past it several times. At one stage, I was a forty foot Fire Brigade water tanker, arriving at the scene with lights and sirens going. Guessing this came from the airport as I had never seen it before.

DFB Water Tanker is stationed at Phibsboro fire station and although not often seen, it can be manned by extra personnel from HQ in Tara st for large incidents or for times when there is poor water pressure.

As for Belcamp, DFB have been fighting fires in this building almost every night for the past few weeks as there seemed to be very little security of late. It poses a huge risk to firefighters who have to work there , something which these 'scumbags' dont realise, or more to the point, dont care about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

where exactly was the clare manor? my ma had her wedding reception there in 1978

Just off the malahide road where clare hall housing estate is now.

The lodge house was the Camelot Pub..dunno if its still there.

The house was originally a residence,then it was a hotel and finally the land was sued as s driving range when the hotel burned down
    Any kid from the area would've had lots of yellow pracytise golf balls nicked from the range.

I would guestimate the hotel burned down in the early 1980's..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Photos from earlier today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

can anyone give me a hint about the motive for all this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Archeron

Effects wrote: »
    Photos from earlier today

Can you get to the ruin? I would love to go up and take some shots of whats left, but dont want to drive all the way up and find I cant get in.

• Advertisement

You can walk right up to the building and even get inside. I wouldn't advise going on your own though as there's a lot of scum bags there. They have already attacked workers on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Lorraine 1977

I really cant believe this has happened.

I think Gannon and Nama have alot to answer for about this.

This building was built by the man who built the white house.

I think we have lost a national treasure.

Nama should be made restore this to its orignal state.

No matter how much security this building needed it should have had it.

there's a lot of scum bags there. They have already attacked workers on the site.

Bastards..this is what getting free money from the taxpayer makes you...they should be rounded up and bayoneted to death.

You can walk right up to the building and even get inside. I wouldn't advise going on your own though as there's a lot of scum bags there. They have already attacked workers on the site.

Thanks Effects, I thought that might be the case. I was actually attacked in the grounds here many years ago walking through with friends when the school was still open.
    About 20 little scumbags were attacking anybody walking across the old playing fields towards the Malahide road entrance. Little f*cks even had the gate tied shut so you couldnt get out.

I really am annoyed that such a grand place has been destroyed. I may have hated it when I attended the school, but I always loved the building.

BTW, does anybody know if the stained glass was taken out of the church before it was abandoned? I remember they were Harry Clarke windows, and regarded as some of his most beautiful work in Ireland. I see now that the windows are hollow, and I just hope to God that they didnt just allow them to be smashed. There was also a magnificent alter in there that was reputed to be worth a fortune.

• Advertisement

The windows were taken out about a week ago. Prior to that they were protected by bullet proof glass. You can see the damaged glass in one of the photos. Think I heard the alter went to England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Jenvict

a 10 year old started the fire. just found out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Jenvict wrote: »

Source? Not that i would put it past a scumbag like that.. but i've also heard dozens of rumors surrounding this..

Jenvict wrote: »

IF its true his parents should be forced to pay back every penny of the damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Why the **** are people suprised about this? The place is in the middle of a scum hole.

Theres a gang of scumbags aboyt 18-23 who go around terrorising the place, they use the under 18s to do their dirty work. They rob every shop in the area and have already beaten up people, Stabbed a polish lad on his way to work. No they have destroyed this college.

**** nama, **** glennon homes **** the rest of the greedy *****, the ****ing problem is the government and the legal system. If these Jip heads were dealt with when they were reported many times over the last 2 years, this wouldnt have happend.

I hope to god they decide to piss off the IRA and get knee capped, total ****ing scum.

Anybody who has been to the area recently will agree that there is a serious problem starting up there in Darndale.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

kona wrote: »
    Why the **** are people suprised about this? The place is in the middle of a scum hole.

Theres a gang of scumbags aboyt 18-23 who go around terrorising the place, they use the under 18s to do their dirty work. They rob every shop in the area and have already beaten up people, Stabbed a polish lad on his way to work. No they have destroyed this college.

**** nama, **** glennon homes **** the rest of the greedy *****, the ****ing problem is the government and the legal system. If these Jip heads were dealt with when they were reported many times over the last 2 years, this wouldnt have happend.

I hope to god they decide to piss off the IRA and get knee capped, total ****ing scum.

Anybody who has been to the area recently will agree that there is a serious problem starting up there in Darndale.

I hope to god they decide to piss off the IRA and get knee capped, total ****ing scum. (is there much of an Ira element in the darnadale area? I worked for company that wat involved with designing the darndale civic centre, there was a problem with kids throwing stones at the construction workers, they were advised by a local sinn fein councillor, that he would deal with them and under no circumstances should the workers deal with them.)

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

dvcireland wrote: »
    I hope to god they decide to piss off the IRA and get knee capped, total ****ing scum. (is there much of an Ira element in the darnadale area? I worked for company that wat involved with designing the darndale civic centre, there was a problem with kids throwing stones at the construction workers, they were advised by a local sinn fein councillor, that he would deal with them and under no circumstances should the workers deal with them.)

Deadly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement