Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round 03: Chinese Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

ATI eyefinity first itme on test here:
    screen1 BBC live
    screen2 boards.ie
    screen3 http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/f1-information/f1-live/f1-fanatic-live-chinese-grand-prix-practice-qualifying/

..recommended :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

great race, excellent stuff from rosber, mercedes showing the kind of potential they have

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Oooooh this is great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I still have a feeling Hamilton's tyres could go with a few laps to go, Button really needs to push past Massa.

What the hell tyres is Webber on!? Looking good for 4th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Yet another race where the camera work is awful. Come on Hamilton, I want those 60 points!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Vettel's KERS not working?

i think this is a sign of things to come, some really close finishes to races in 2011!!, arguably the two best drivers atm at the front, possibly fighting it out over the wc

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

Come on Webber

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

freestyla wrote: »
    F1 got very interesting after Schumi retired. I was watching for a many years until stopped in 2002 because of boring races . After 2006 got more entertaining every year.

I didn't mind that so much and I say that as a McLaren fan. There's always going to be a time when one team is better than everyone else... I mean look at Lotus in the late 60's/70's. It was quite remarkable how quick and reliable the Ferraris were during those years. Only McLaren, Williams at a time, BAR and Renault provided any threat, with Renault challenging towards the latter years.

Last year was the best racing year in recent memory (other than when Hamilton won the title :D), but this year, the first two races were pretty ordinary, bar the odd incident and this race has been completely turned on its head.

C'mon Lewis!!

C'mon Button!!

• Advertisement

Why didn't Vettel take out Hamilton? Stupid gambling. :(

Button doesn't seem to be able to close up to Vettel at all.

Mark if you're going to pass Button you better fcuking pass Vettel too. :pac:

Webber is going to take Button and I'm wondering if Vettel has a problem with a Force India unlapping himself.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aaronh007 viewpost.gif
    F1 has come alive for the first time this season...

5 drivers able to win the race? Cannot remember the last time 3 drivers were able to win let alone 5!

F1 got very interesting after Schumi retired. I was watching for a many years until stopped in 2002 because of boring races . After 2006 got more entertaining every year.

yeah the first two races showed vettel and red bull are the team/drive to beat but mclaren have suprised everyone as to how far they have caught up with redbull

As disappointed as I am with the result it has to be said; what a fcuking race. I'd defy anyone to come up with a better one.

I also wonder if it was a record for number of overtakes, I'd assume it did for a dry race at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

Driver of the race surely Webber.

proulx wrote: »
    Driver of the race surely Webber.

if he had pass Vettel then yes :D

I wonder how long it'll take Webber to realise that if he'd pitted a lap or two earlier on the first stint he could've won this race. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

No way Hamilton driver of the day.

Webber would have won the race had he not been held up by Schumacher for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

red bull lost vettel that one imo should have changed his strategy and pit him with the macs on there 2nd stop suprised the tyres even lasted 25 laps

but what a race brilliant drive by webber

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,512 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Brilliant race.... Best in a long while for me..
    Hotting up for a great season :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,065 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Great to see the two strategies so close, have to say Vettel probably would have had first on the other strategy, Webbers strategy shows the advantage of getting rid of the hards early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭gonedrinking

Great to see the two strategies so close, have to say Vettel probably would have had first on the other strategy, Webbers strategy shows the advantage of getting rid of the hards early.

Wasn't it more a case of him having 3 sets of fresh tires which enabled him to change the hards early. And he wouldn't have had 3 sets of fresh tires if qualifying had of gone the way he wanted. So it was more a case of dumb luck, though I'm sure a lot of teams will look at this and rethink their whole qualifying/race strategy with a view to having 3 fresh pairs of tires for the race.

Wasn't it more a case of him having 3 sets of fresh tires which enabled him to change the hards early. And he wouldn't have had 3 sets of fresh tires if qualifying had of gone the way he wanted. So it was more a case of dumb luck, though I'm sure a lot of teams will look at this and rethink their whole qualifying/race strategy with a view to having 3 fresh pairs of tires for the race.

It'll vary massively from track to track though. Also I get the impression the teams are still figuring the tyres out massively, as seen with Webber at the end. Fair enough they were fresh but they were so much faster and lasted longer than the others'.

Button will be absolutely sickened, messed up the pitstop by coming in a lap late which would've given him an advantage over Vettel and when he did come in he messed up.

Hamilton overtook all top drivers.. and in few different corners, not just on backstratight.. not a fan but must say impressive

Took me a minute to work out who Webber reminds me of as he sits in the press conference and then it hit me:

155625.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,065 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Hard to know I guess, maybe Kers would have still given McLaren the edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

We saw in Malaysia with Vettel, and Hamilton today, that teams are doing their best to use as few sets of tyres in qualifying so that they can have as many sets of fresh rubber for the race. The teams are learning how best to deal with the new tyres so that they have an advantage in the race

frostie500 wrote: »
    We saw in Malaysia with Vettel, and Hamilton today, that teams are doing their best to use as few sets of tyres in qualifying so that they can have as many sets of fresh rubber for the race. The teams are learning how best to deal with the new tyres so that they have an advantage in the race

I'm still confused by just how fast and how long-lasting the last set of tyres for Webber were though.

Also is this Red Bull mechanic srs!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭lolie

amacachi wrote: »
    I'm still confused by just how fast and how long-lasting the last set of tyres for Webber were though.

Also is this Red Bull mechanic srs!?

What did he say? I missed that bit.

Advertisement