Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round 03: Chinese Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

Button stopped in wrong garage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Going horribly wrong for mclaren

• Registered Users Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Trampas

Things Button does to help Hamilton ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

My dad came up when he saw what Button did and we both said (with different pronouns) "I'm definitely your son." Last time I do a bet online, seriously.

Worked out nicely for Rosberg and Schumi if they can make a set of tyres last.

EDIT: Have they not got live timing in the commentary box any more? They should really pay some more attention..

Rosberg leading!

• Advertisement

amacachi wrote: »
    Rosberg may well get into the top 3 now if not better.

hes 1st! :eek: yes yes yes... but how on earth? they improved such dramaticly

Lotus looks promising if they d finish belove 15th today

freestyla wrote: »
    hes 1st! :eek: yes yes yes... but how on earth? they improved such dramaticly

The others were losing 2-3 seconds a lap because of the tyres even before they started actually holding each other up.

Reckon Vettel pretty much has this in the bag, Rosberg is going full-tilt at a 3-stopper I think and will be stopping before the tyres really go off so that will leave Vettel free ahead of Button. Short of rolling the dice and pitting early I can't see anyone getting past Vettel and he should be able to cover it off easily enough.

Don't get that at all from Button, he's either going to win or be off the podium.

EDIT: May well be off the podium, very stupid altogether from McLaren.

• Advertisement

Mclarens doing 1m 41s laps. Vettel only doing 1m 43s.

Webber 2 seconds a lap faster than Vettel, can't be a good plan.

Hamilton's race?

EDIT: This is a bloody awesome race, I genuinely couldn't pick less than 4 drivers who still have an excellent chance of the win.

EDIT 2: Make that 5, Massa may have a chance and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

have a couple of euro on Massa! Might actually pay off

The others were losing 2-3 seconds a lap because of the tyres even before they started actually holding each other up.

imo Newey has made too fast car for 2-stop tactic, at least with fast quali setup at Vettels.. uses too much tires

cracking race, very tough to call the winner for sure!

Assuming Vettel and Massa are going all the way on the hards and Rosberg, Hamilton and Button have one more stop left there's going to be about 7-8 seconds covering all 5 of them with the first two on older rubber.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Webber 2 seconds a lap faster than Vettel, can't be a good plan.

Yeah I just dont see how Vettel will be able to make the strategy work, especially now that Lewis has got past Button

Looks like Hamilton used KERS in second last corner going inside.. thats where he started overtaking move on 1st corner already started.. smart no can do

Should get Button in now, tyres are shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

F1 has come alive for the first time this season...

5 drivers able to win the race? Cannot remember the last time 3 drivers were able to win let alone 5!

frostie500 wrote: »
    Yeah I just dont see how Vettel will be able to make the strategy work, especially now that Lewis has got past Button

Aye. Gonna still be damn interesting from here on, top two still have to pit while the next three probably don't.

Will Rosberg keep Hamilton back??

Gonna finish

1 Vet
    2 Ham
    3 Mas
    4 Ros
    5 But

Pity they could do two short stints on the soft tyres instead of one long run on the hards at the end now, could done Vettel in that case.

EDIT: Button will get Rosberg now with the fuel.

Is Webber up to 7th after his pits or will he be pitting again?

proulx wrote: »
    Is Webber up to 7th after his pits or will he be pitting again?

7th and done with stops, should pass Alonso pretty quickly.

EDIT: Though if he can do the pace he's doing without burning out his tyres I'd be surprised.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    F1 has come alive for the first time this season...

5 drivers able to win the race? Cannot remember the last time 3 drivers were able to win let alone 5!

F1 got very interesting after Schumi retired. I was watching for a many years until stopped in 2002 because of boring races . After 2006 got more entertaining every year.

Hehe, this is going to be a fun end to the race. :D Never know, always a chance Hamilton will blow his tyres and Button will cruise up at the end. :pac:

EDIT: Had Button cleared Massa quickly we could've been in for a fun threeway :P

vettel still has a long way to go on those hard tyres... I wonder will they fall apart and he'll suffer big time/be forced into a stop?

• Advertisement

vettel still has a long way to go on those hard tyres... I wonder will they fall apart and he'll suffer big time/be forced into a stop?

Wouldn't that be nice! Webber really having a great drive

Advertisement