Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Sensation info Leaked

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Zagato wrote: »
    Have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of NFC, I know it's not very useful yet, but might be over the next 18 months, Zapa have already said they are going to implement it in their next android app, and there are plenty of credit card implementation trials underway. My Hero is really dying and will have to jump soon - although this looks fab, will probably go for SGS2

I think there is NFC in it. Pretty sure I saw an NFC antenna when they took the back cover off on the Engadget hands on video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

According to el Reg, Voda and Three will have it first in UK: http://www.reghardware.com/2011/04/13/vodafone_three_htc_sensation/

HTC's latest Android phone, the modestly named Sensation, will be coming to Vodafone first, but that didn't stop Three chipping in to say it will be offering the video-centric handset too.

The Sensation is described by HTC as a "multimedia superphone" - clearly, the handset maker's self-deprecation knows no bounds. Perhaps HTC stands for 'Hyped-up Talker Corporation' these days...

It features a 4.3in screen, Android 2.3 Gingerbread, a 1.2GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and a camera capable of shooting 1080p video.

Your home movies can be relayed to a telly using the Sensation's HDMI output.

Neither Vodafone nor Three said when they will sell the Sensation, or what it'll cost when they do. We'll let you know as soon as we hear. ®

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Hmm, I have DHD at the moment and I would like to change for something new but this isn't something awesome...all I'm missing are better speaker and hdmi out...this ghz race is getting silly, the only benefit is better battery management I would say, what will be next magical 2ghz?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

iwo wrote: »
    Hmm, I have DHD at the moment and I would like to change for something new but this isn't something awesome...all I'm missing are better speaker and hdmi out...this ghz race is getting silly, the only benefit is better battery management I would say, what will be next magical 2ghz?
    An extra core too, as well as qHD resolution in the same size of screen making for a much sharper picture over the HD.

Not saying they are critical for everyone but when you compare the screen of a Desire to the screen of an iPhone4 with the iPhone's ridiculous retina screen there's a huge advantage to the iPhone. The Sensation will go a long way to bridging this gap but will still fall short.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

must say its the first phone that has me contemplating upgrading from my desire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Might be tmepting enough for me to upgrade from my HTC Desire alright :)

Probably going to be on the pricey side, hopefully Carphone warehouse do the whole trade in thing, my original desire still fetches €150 last time I checked.

And heres hoping to unbranded and unlocked, cant stand branded phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i dont knooooow, still like my blade :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

TheDoc wrote: »
    Might be tmepting enough for me to upgrade from my HTC Desire alright :)

Probably going to be on the pricey side, hopefully Carphone warehouse do the whole trade in thing, my original desire still fetches €150 last time I checked.

You could easily sell a desire for more than €150 :confused:. i'd be looking for €250+ if selling mine. Sure envirofone offer more for it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

theteal wrote: »
    You could easily sell a desire for more than €150 :confused:. i'd be looking for €250+ if selling mine. Sure envirofone offer more for it

might not be a bad shout in that case for an upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Yeah but im sure envirofone is looking for a phone in tip top condition. Also the value goes down depending on the state of the phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭clancynl

According to Expansys.ie's website ... they have the HTC Sensation available for pre-order ... http://www.expansys.ie/htc-sensation-217480/

just rang them there outta curiousity and they said that they'll have it in stock from 2nd May! Whoop!

Surely that means the carriers will have it in around the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

clancynl wrote: »
    According to Expansys.ie's website ... they have the HTC Sensation available for pre-order ... http://www.expansys.ie/htc-sensation-217480/

just rang them there outta curiousity and they said that they'll have it in stock from 2nd May! Whoop!

Surely that means the carriers will have it in around the same time?

LOL.

No.

Sadly no.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

hmmm I have a DHD and want to change it (just got bored) I will go for sensation but I have problem with taking android phone with three software...do you have experience with three phones vs new updates? I am due to upgrade in 4 weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭philidub

I'm prepay on Meteor, presume stock will be limited when first released and only available to bill pay so I might try buy online.

Never bought a phone from expansys(or online), would their prices be similar to prepay prices on Meteor?

Just had a look at expansys and they have the HTC Desire for 409, Meteor have it online for for 379.... so a 30 difference....plus I think you get 60 free credit

I think I could live with a 30 eur difference but if it was much more I may just wait till Meteor eventually release to prepay customers...

Hmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Gonna try old out for the evo3d. Hope its not to much of a wait

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Ok an Android noobie currently using Nokia N900 but after much deliberation me thinks that this is the phone for me. Can only see it on Expansys and I am looking for a sim free one as currently on 02 PAYG. Any other sites have it on pre order?

I pre ordered this from Expansys. I rang both them & HTC & nobody knows when it will be released. The wait continues can't wait to see it although no cost yet for it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

I pre ordered this from Expansys. I rang both them & HTC & nobody knows when it will be released. The wait continues can't wait to see it although no cost yet for it either.

Remember pre ordering doesn't mean you've made a commitment to expansys, they're onftne not got the first stock or the cheapest, keep an eye on other sites like handtec and clove

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

O2 have confirmed on their forums that they will not be stocking the Sensation.
    Vodafone confirmed they will be but not revealing when.
    Meteor say they are considering it.

All this according forum admins only though so I'm sure is open to change.

Zagato wrote: »
    Remember pre ordering doesn't mean you've made a commitment to expansys, they're onftne not got the first stock or the cheapest, keep an eye on other sites like handtec and clove

Yep will be doing this not commited to pay yet.When it comes out will look around to see if others have it sim free.Posted on the O2 forum and they ain't getting it bad marketing there me thinks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

O2 price plans have lost the plot, serious opportunity for competition to seize the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

O2 have confirmed on their forums that they will not be stocking the Sensation.
    Vodafone confirmed they will be but not revealing when.
    Meteor say they are considering it.

All this according forum admins only though so I'm sure is open to change.

I'd put money on Car Phone Warehouse, stocking this and putting it on Voda, O2 and Met....

I see this is for pre order on Vodafone Uk They say if you order now they will try to get it to you by May 19.

Now also on the Vodafone Ireland site

Wonder when the likes of Expansys and others who will offer it sim free will offer it and how much? Pity o2 are not running with this me thinks they are missing out on a good thing

I see Handtec have this phone now online for pre order at a massive £498 -€561 thats a massive price for a phone:eek: Details Here Rang them and they said that was not fixed price and may reduce when HTC release it hmmmm

Also if you order here you card is debited as soon as it comes in stock. Expected release date is the 8th June. No other sites I can see have given price yet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I see Handtec have this phone now online for pre order at a massive £498 -€561 thats a massive price for a phone:eek: Details Here Rang them and they said that was not fixed price and may reduce when HTC release it hmmmm

Also if you order here you card is debited as soon as it comes in stock. Expected release date is the 8th June. No other sites I can see have given price yet

Pre-release prices are always artificially high to cover their arses.

Thanks it will seem to be one of the more expensive smartphones.

Was out at the HTC roadshow out in Blanch and got a look at it and its pretty slick. It will be launched on vodafone on the 1st June. They did not say what price for a sim free model. Will keep an eye on the normal sites. Can someone do a dummys guide to what does the fact that this phone has a locked bootloader mean?

Will look at the new Samsung when it comes out but dont like the quality of previous models so will wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

...Was out at the HTC roadshow out in Blanch and got a look at it and its pretty slick. It will be launched on vodafone on the 1st June. They did not say what price for a sim free model.
    I've been there too. The Sensation looks good, and felt great in my hand, I thought it'd be too big but it isn't. It was running Gingerbread 2.3.3 and Sense 3.0, which was actually lagging at some places when I flicked around on the screens real quick. Disappointing. I can only imagine it running stock Android, when my old Desire is butterly smooth everywhere on 2.3.4... Oh, and I popped into Vodafone, they confirmed the 1st of June release date but couldn't give me any prices yet.
    Can someone do a dummys guide to what does the fact that this phone has a locked bootloader mean?
    A locked bootloader means that (as of now) there is no way of installing any other ROM than the ones coming from HTC themselves. Basically it stays the way it is when you receive it.
    Speaking of which: I told the lady who was showing the Sensation around that the only thing that keeps me from getting one is that no custom ROMs can be put onto it. She went "the same was said about the Desire S, but I've seen three of them already with custom ROMs". So I'll just hold off and see if a hack/solution is found, as I'd love to stay with HTC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Phonesonline.ie have it listed for a June 8th release and costing €579.

http://www.phonesonline.ie/Product.asp?ProductID=850

Advertisement