Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Sensation info Leaked

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,023 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

have to wait til December for my contract to be up before I get a new phone. BAH!

Hopefully something even cooler will be out for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

This is teh sexy! I likey, I likey alot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

WANT!

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

How does this compare to the Galaxy S II? I think it's time to move to the Android platform.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Think this is the handset I've been waiting for. Only question is will be it be available on these shores?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,394 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Am I missing something here - does it not look very similiar to the HTC desire -
    Of course I dont know the tech specs but on looks alone it already has a rival.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Don't judge a book by it's cover kippy. The main benefits are a larger screen, higher-resolution, and vastly more powerful internals along with a few other bells and whistles updated from the desire.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,394 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Don't judge a book by it's cover kippy. The main benefits are a larger screen, higher-resolution, and vastly more powerful internals along with a few other bells and whistles updated from the desire.

Yep, theres a major increase in internal memory alright but to be honest, unless they have managed to eek another 24 hours out of the battery (which I doubt very much as the screen is that much better and there is better hardware) I dont think it will be worth the upgrade from the desire - edit unless you can get it as a freebie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah its due to be announced at the HTC event on London today and Vodafone uk had it up on their site briefly. Im interested in seeing the tech specs vs the Galaxy II and what battery it has :p

I think its defiantly going to be worth an upgrade from the Desire, but as I said im waiting on the tech specs to be sure.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Doesn't the dual core processor improve battery performance, even from the much improved battery life that was touted for the Incredible S and Desire S?

Hopefully this will be available here, although I don't think I'll upgrade my Desire until maybe this time next year, depending on new handsets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Will this ship with Gingerbread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭allen175

I would say that it will ship with gingerbread, i doubt that any flagship phones being released in the next while will ship with froyo.

I just hope vodafone here won't be the only carrier with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Seems like it will be a Vodafone exclusive for a while at least.
    It's a bit light on the RAM and Internal storage compared to the Galaxy S 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Ooh Gorilla Glass too, I didn't think it would arrive in Europe so soon, the article says "European markets in mid-May". Who in their right mind would buy the Incredible S now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Decisions decisions! I has the Galaxy s II pre ordered but Im thinking of cancelling for this now. My only fear is that it may end up like the desire HD release and keep getting pushed back, I saw stereo audio mentioned somewhere too so Im hoping they have bumped up the crappy loudspeaker that was on the DHD, Im also way of the end user being a beta tester for problems that the handset might have ie sms issue on DHD ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭choronzonix

Looks like a very tasty potential upgrade from my Desire later this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Seeing as this has been released now - anybody know how much juice the batter has in it? In mAh obviously. :cool:

LukeS_ wrote: »
    Seeing as this has been released now - anybody know how much juice the batter has in it? In mAh obviously. :cool:

1520 according to this chart:

11x0415sensspecs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Evo 3D still winning for me with more onboard memory, more RAM and a bigger battery (even if it is a bit uglier)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Evo 3D still winning for me with more onboard memory, more RAM and a bigger battery (even if it is a bit uglier)
    I'm in two minds. Wont have to wait as long for the sensation but rather the evolution 3d. Ill try hold out for evo but I'm really impatient

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of NFC, I know it's not very useful yet, but might be over the next 18 months, Zapa have already said they are going to implement it in their next android app, and there are plenty of credit card implementation trials underway. My Hero is really dying and will have to jump soon - although this looks fab, will probably go for SGS2

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

CombatCow wrote: »
    Ooh Gorilla Glass too, I didn't think it would arrive in Europe so soon, the article says "European markets in mid-May". Who in their right mind would buy the Incredible S now ?

4.3 is a very large screen and Ive got a feeling that it will be expensive here. Although they are saying it will be a reasonable price. That or the incredible will be a good deal cheaper. I dont like the rim around the screen and think the incredible is better looking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

4.3 is a great size. I'm after getting so used to it now I can't imagine going for a smaller screen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I'm still happy with my N1 but i'm starting to look for something new coming out over the next few months. This looks like it might fit the bill.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

is this already out for sale in the shops? How much is it?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I still wait for the day HTC will get rid of the Micro SD card and just go for Flash memory for better battery life and performance.

Though thumbs up :) seems HTC is back in the game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

TripleAce wrote: »
    is this already out for sale in the shops? How much is it?

Thank you.

we can only answer those with guesses but i reckon it won't be in ireland for a while, hopefully within 2 months. price? €200ish on a low bill plan maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Zagato wrote: »
    Have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of NFC, I know it's not very useful yet, but might be over the next 18 months, Zapa have already said they are going to implement it in their next android app, and there are plenty of credit card implementation trials underway. My Hero is really dying and will have to jump soon - although this looks fab, will probably go for SGS2

By the time NFC becomes useful you'll be upgrading from either of these phones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

By the time NFC becomes useful you'll be upgrading from either of these phones

I agree. NFS wont take of like a blazing fire hire. Will take years for businesses around Ireland to adapt it.

You first need to adapt consumers to the idea of wirelss payments and especially using your phone for it and prove to them that its secure in case they lose it or it gets stolen.

Advertisement