Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 11/04 *Spoilers*

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I will be so happy when Kong debuts and just crushes everybody.

It will have the same end though. She will start as a brutal heel and end up the way of a comedy face. Ref Koslov and Khali as 2 examples. Possibly Beth Phoenix also as another example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Was really looking forward to Sin Cara's first match, and while it was ok he really has to lose the lucha libre "performance" style to the more physical style of the WWE. His moves, while impressive, didn't really look like they had any real impact, except for the last move. And Primo's botch really didn't help.

As someone else suggested, something looked different about Morrison tonight. He seemed to have a bit more of an attitude and when he started to speak it actually started to sound convincing. Pity he got interrupted... I'd like to see him do well.

Gauntlet match was alright, got a decent bit of wrestling in but R-Truth in the main event at Extreme Rules..?! Balls to that, he's sh1t! I thought for a second they were going to put everyone from the gauntlet match into the main event which would probably be a lot more interesting. Stick them in a hell in cell or chamber or something (but with those silly themed PPVs, I guess unexpected stips like that are no more...).

Lawler/Swagger was desperately boring. Michael Cole's antics at ringside were mind numbingly annoying, but maybe that's the idea. To me it seems like this is all down to Vince not making his mind up about JR. Will he bring him back full time or won't he... Stick Cole on Smackdown, JR on Raw and be done with it. Should've been done after WM.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Cole's feud with King should have ended at Mania with a win for King honestly why add them to a match at the next ppv that could be given to other stars.

I dont know if WWE will keep Cole as an announcer on both Raw and SD or maybe use him as a Manager for the likes of Swagger and others (he has good mic skills and great heel heat like Vickie) or he could start his own stable because Nexus and Corre are pointless and wasted imo their momentum is over

I agree with you 100%. But then I'm also aware WWE will milk something till it dies and the PPV after Mania is tyically a rematch filled show with some stupid twists to try and deny that (see: R-Truth...).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I actually felt the opening segment was very TNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

tbh its hard to see any big name headliner types coming through in the roster. i think another few fresh faces are needed. maybe wwe have taken their eye off the ball with all the new ventures they are into these days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

gimmick wrote: »

WWE does the whole "it's my turn for a title shot" multi man promo about three times a year. I'll never understand why somebody like Zack Ryder doesn't come out and claim a title shot - it always seems whoever does gets a chance no matter how irrelevant they've been.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Definitely. It feels that next month they're gonna do a 6-pack challenge for the WWE title. I guess they would've went with a Fatal 4 Way if the PPV didn't bomb so bad last year :o

btw, it's pretty annoying that R-Truth is only in this match (besides that it was obviously Morrison's spot, who's in the dog house now) because Miz is going to retain and get the pin on Truth, so Cena doesn't have to job/put Miz over. Great. I dunno how Miz or anyone else is going to ever get over if WWE's superfaces Cena and Orton don't put anyone over properly.

The only one to put Miz over properly since his title win is Morrison, and that was on a throwaway RAW (even though it was a great match)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Yeah. Well, why not "if I win, Cole leaves RAW forever and JR gets his place"?? Makes him out to be a complete idiot.....

It's not like it wasn't logical on Lawler's side, Cole got partnered with Swagger after throwing all his help back in his face.

Plus JR has a win over Triple H to his credit and all that. ;)
    drayme wrote: »
    People have to remember Extreme Rules is lame duck show was it is going to be destroyed night prior by the UFC PPV

I've enjoyed the last two 'filler' PPVs more than WM27 and RR2011 overall.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

WWE does the whole "it's my turn for a title shot" multi man promo about three times a year. I'll never understand why somebody like Zack Ryder doesn't come out and claim a title shot - it always seems whoever does gets a chance no matter how irrelevant they've been.

Whatever about Ryder, I was kind of hoping Bryan would trot on out and point out he took the US title from Miz and beat him a few times so maybe he deserves the chance. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Morrison seems a lot more comfortable on the mic this week and was pretty over with the crowd, shame he lost to Truth in the gauntlet match (I half expect Truth to be future endeavored soon enough)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Definitely. It feels that next month they're gonna do a 6-pack challenge for the WWE title. I guess they would've went with a Fatal 4 Way if the PPV didn't bomb so bad last year :o

btw, it's pretty annoying that R-Truth is only in this match (besides that it was obviously Morrison's spot, who's in the dog house now) because Miz is going to retain and get the pin on Truth, so Cena doesn't have to job/put Miz over. Great. I dunno how Miz or anyone else is going to ever get over if WWE's superfaces Cena and Orton don't put anyone over properly.

Or Cena wins, but pins R-Truth, so Miz doesn't have to job/put Cena over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

The only thing missing was John Cena, in auto-tune, shouting "WHERES MY FREAKING RE-MATCH?!"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Charisteas wrote: »
    The only thing missing was John Cena, in auto-tune, shouting "WHERES MY FREAKING RE-MATCH?!"

HA HA HA HA! Once an asshole!...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

It will have the same end though. She will start as a brutal heel and end up the way of a comedy face. Ref Koslov and Khali as 2 examples. Possibly Beth Phoenix also as another example.

And Mark Henry, Viscera, Kane and Big Show go in and out of being comedy characters, Matt Morgan and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. Indeed WWE monster heels nearly always go the same route but her killing people for a while should be very, very fun.
    Charisteas wrote: »

At least if he was he'd actually show that he cares about losing.

Advertisement