Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 11/04 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭MAJR

You know R-Truth's the Finlay of this triple threat. He's in the match just cause the WWE dont want the Miz or Cena to lose. It's just like when Finlay fought Batista and King Booker for the World title, or when he fought those two and Lashley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Poor show overall.R Truth picked up more wins there than he has got in the previous 4 months.He's cleary in the title match to job to Miz.Still can't believe Edge retired,I knew he was contimplating it but it happened very sudden.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

If anybody watches that again, the camera pans to Miz just as Cena's about to do that gimpy little 5 knuckle shuffle thing and he gets a pat on the back as his signal.. just wondering if anybody else spotted it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

Good show all round I thought. Despite the strange decision to put R-Truth in the match. Ignoring my bias against the guy, he hasn't been on the show for a while and his focus has been mentoring Johnny Curtis.

Just saw a theory already that Morrison's Stratus diss got him bumped out of the match. Even if that's the case, I think They should have gone with Ziggler instead. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Does only good cock get you off to the land of nod.
    I am a heel and playing my character.
    Taking up ballroom dancing.
    We are way ahead of you. We saw it on TV

Dont care wether it was an attempt at humour (which failed), you were clearly trolling and as much as admitted that fact in the second quote above. this might be a PW forum but we dont need any people playing heel characters and generally being an ass and making the forum less enjoyable for the other posters, so Terry im reluctantly going to give you a lil break from PW and hope, should you make a comeback, you wont act like a troll again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Wow. Sucks about Edge. I know it'd be great if he stuck around in some shape or form, but would it be too tempting to take the occasional bump?

Either way, he will be missed. Ive had issues with him in the past, namely when the Ultimate Opportunist thing allowed him to win several titles, as well as some very short, yet multiple title reigns. But I was actually enjoying his recent face role. And WWE desperately needs faces at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,804 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Smack down is in rite trouble now with edge gone

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭Penn

PTH2009 wrote: »

Draft in about 2 months or so isn't it? A short Christian/Del Rio fued would tide it over til then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I am a heel and playing my character.
    Dont care wether it was an attempt at humour (which failed), you were clearly trolling and as much as admitted that fact in the second quote above. this might be a PW forum but we dont need any people playing heel characters and generally being an ass and making the forum less enjoyable for the other posters, so Terry im reluctantly going to give you a lil break from PW and hope, should you make a comeback, you wont act like a troll again.

You may have noticed that this is not in fact a wrestling promotion, but a wrestling discussion forum. By you admitting you are "playing a heel", that, to me, is you admitting that you are trying to piss people off and troll the forum. People have been banend for this before, and you are being banned for it now. There are a number of posts in this thread to warrant it.

edit: BH got there before me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

PTH2009 wrote: »

not only is smackdown in trouble, the wwe is in trouble, because of having no mid card people making a step up to main event level, they basically brought Austin and The Rock in to help sell wrestlemania, (austin said that in an interview after mania to) they're gone now, Undertaker is gone for a while and is nearly finished anyway, HHH looks like he cant be bothered for much longer and edge has had to retire, and now if that was'nt bad enough they've put R-Truth :eek: in the main event of extreme rules. HHH has a massive job on his hands and the wwe will be very interesting to watch in the next few years or not as the case may be.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm going to look at the positive of the Edge retirement announcement; we likely get Christian vs Del Rio for the title now and we'll be garrunteed a new first time champ, which I can't wait for. Will post more on that later though.

In the mean time....R-TRUTH!?! WOOOOOW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

People have to remember Extreme Rules is lame duck show was it is going to be destroyed night prior by the UFC PPV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

not only is smackdown in trouble, the wwe is in trouble, because of having no mid card people making a step up to main event level, they basically brought Austin and The Rock in to help sell wrestlemania, (austin said that in an interview after mania to) they're gone now, Undertaker is gone for a while and is nearly finished anyway, HHH looks like he cant be bothered for much longer and edge has had to retire, and now if that was'nt bad enough they've put R-Truth :eek: in the main event of extreme rules. HHH has a massive job on his hands and the wwe will be very interesting to watch in the next few years or not as the case may be.

I just watched Raw and was thinking about that myself. The mid-card really has fallen to shít thanks to some weird, eccentric and awful booking of the guys who should be there. Think of the Corre/Nexus burials all last year which mean they have zero credibility now. Whilst I never said they should all get main event pushes, treating them like jobbers was going to lead to this situation. Nobody cares as it has been made clear they are clowns. Or Sheamus losing his aura due to getting the WWE title too early and the subsequent de-push. Or Daniel Bryan's odd push (push one week, treated like a nobody the next). You could go through the rest of the roster and do likewise.

Then there are guys like Ziggler, Morrison etc who should be in the upper mid card having great matches. But there are not enough efforts being made to get people interested in them. It's all a bit Meh. They should be having a feud like HHH and The Rock had in 1998 over the IC title. Of course the brand extension and the IC Title and US Titles are not really taken seriously now. The Smackdown WHC is basically what the IC title once was.

Basically they have a crap load of issues to deal with and Raw highlighted so many of them this week. Seriously missed Punk as well from Raw. Cole/Lawler needs to end pronto. Mania really should have had some sort of feud ending stipulation. Kong's video was cool though. I presume she'll demolish The Bellas soon.

And what was up with the booking of the gauntlet match? Why have Cena in the heel position (being number 5 and taking on the guy who has had 2 matches)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I don't think I have cared less before about a Miz main event. Even if R-Truth wins I don't think I'd give a ****.

That botch in the Sin Cara match was awful. Really ****ed up the match badly when he tried to rescue the finish.

Not as sad as everybody else is to see edge go. He was an average babyface but an amazing heel in his prime. Wish he never turned face but I presume he wanted to. Glad to see him retire before it was too late and hopefully we'll see him soon.

Disappointing RAW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

have to say i didnt warm to sin cara too much after his debut match

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Teary eyed over Edge hope he gets a better send off on SD this week :(

Why was Corre on Raw and why wasnt Punk in the gauntlet match :confused:

Punk wasn't even on the show, let alone in the gauntlet :S
    2mdrpxf.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

spiralism wrote: »
    If anybody watches that again, the camera pans to Miz just as Cena's about to do that gimpy little 5 knuckle shuffle thing and he gets a pat on the back as his signal.. just wondering if anybody else spotted it

That was just Alex Riley who was standing on his left the entire time of the match, patting his back when Cena said "You can't see me", its nothing to do with the timing of his run-in, more of a "I have your back boss" kind of thing.

Disappointed with the lack of Sheamus and CM Punk this week, they're 2 of my favorites to watch every week so it made it less glamorous for me this week.

Although I don't watch SD, it is sad to see Edge having to hang up the boots, always enjoyed watching him since his debut and in recent PPV's. I hope some day I'll have the benefit of flash photography with him beside me for a picture!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Glad Percy Watson has a new gimmick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I will be so happy when Kong debuts and just crushes everybody. WWE's main event scene is losing depth as every day passes. 'Taker and HHH seem gone for the time being, so are Rock and Austin. Nobody takes Miz seriously, everything Cena does in the next year will be overshadowed by Cena/Rock and now Edge is gone. They really needs to start elevating quickly (and I don't really think Truth is the right place to start).

I'm surprised Cole didnt try and add himself to gauntlet match seeing as he too won at Mania :p imagine Cole V Miz for the title at Extreme Rules

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm surprised Cole didnt try and add himself to gauntlet match seeing as he too won at Mania :p imagine Cole V Miz for the title at Extreme Rules

And the sad thing is that would probably be a more interesting title match than Truth/Miz/Cena.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

When did this air?!

I was watching all of raw last night and the stream only lagged out twice! :eek:

@CMPunked. Right before the Divas title match.

Another thing which annoyed me, though its more of a pet peeve. "Winners choose the stipulation" matches. They always inevitably make the winner look like a jackass. Why would King choose a young, athletic guy who he only barely managed to beat as Cole's partner, and then make his own partner an old, overweight man who can barely move? Given Swagger's interfence at Mania, surely King would want a one on one where there can be no interference or any sort of mess ups. Why not have a "Cole has his hands tied behind his back, is blindfolded and its in a Cage" match? It annoys me that people win these matches....and then don't give themselves an advantage (or at least make sure their opponent does not have one themselves, as Cole really does in this match...).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

they should break up the Corre and Nexus and allow Wade and Punk to go at it on their own and add the rest to the mid-lower card and tag division. The rosters aren't big enough to warrant having 2 four man factions.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Another thing which annoyed me, though its more of a pet peeve. "Winners choose the stipulation" matches. They always inevitably make the winner look like a jackass. Why would King choose a young, athletic guy who he only barely managed to beat as Cole's partner, and then make his own partner an old, overweight man who can barely move? Given Swagger's interfence at Mania, surely King would want a one on one where there can be no interference or any sort of mess ups. Why not have a "Cole has his hands tied behind his back, is blindfolded and its in a Cage" match? It annoys me that people win these matches....and then don't give themselves an advantage (or at least make sure their opponent does not have one themselves, as Cole really does in this match...).

Yeah. Well, why not "if I win, Cole leaves RAW forever and JR gets his place"?? Makes him out to be a complete idiot.....

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Guys..it's quiet obvious WWE has resigned Orlando Jordan:D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,050 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Liam O wrote: »
    they should break up the Corre and Nexus and allow Wade and Punk to go at it on their own and add the rest to the mid-lower card and tag division. The rosters aren't big enough to warrant having 2 four man factions.

I think they could put a good story together with Corre and Nexus. Have them compete against each other.

Barrett vs Punk
    Jackson vs Ryan
    Heath Slater vs Otunga
    Justin Gabrial vs McGillicutty

If you could add a couple of members to Corre, maybe Bryan and someone else (no idea who) you could have an even 6 on 6. Use it to build Barrett vs Punk for Main Event and you could also use it to build the other guys in singles matches over a long term. It would be a waste to just disband the two factions. I also like there being a faction around; I think a strong group is needed in the WWE

• Advertisement

I think Cole's feud with King should have ended at Mania with a win for King honestly why add them to a match at the next ppv that could be given to other stars.

I dont know if WWE will keep Cole as an announcer on both Raw and SD or maybe use him as a Manager for the likes of Swagger and others (he has good mic skills and great heel heat like Vickie) or he could start his own stable because Nexus and Corre are pointless and wasted imo their momentum is over

Advertisement