Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hype of Two Worlds 2 - XGC - 7/5/11 MVC3-BBCS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Won't be able to make it due to Prior Arrangements but while I'm here is there any chance of there being some MK at the event? Even just for some casual play?
    I know a few people who would be interested in going for that alone let alone MvC and CS.
    I'll be going and will bring MK9 for anyone who wants a few casuals of it just like last saturday casuals

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Does anyone know how prizes are usually divided up? I've put a status up on FB and a few people have been asking me about the prize and whatnot. Not too many, but one or two hopefuls.

Couldn't really give them an answer other than, however many people show up, and a cut of their entry fees for the top 3, divided in some shape or form.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

It's split 60/30/10 for 1st, 2nd and 3rd respectively.

How much that is in cash money dollars is determined by the number of entrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

I'll see, its quite close to my exams

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BourketheJerk

Can't make it to this. Was hoping i'd be able to but I will be busy on saturday

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Won't be able to make it due to Prior Arrangements but while I'm here is there any chance of there being some MK at the event? Even just for some casual play?
    I know a few people who would be interested in going for that alone let alone MvC and CS.

I'll pop in for MK9 and SSF4 casuals, but I'll probably be playing more MK on the day. The tournament takes complete priority, but if there are a few free consoles, we can have some friendly matches.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Right.

I may or may not be at this but the recording equipment definitely won't be (as some of you already know I have a sick relative which is limiting my ability to pre plan things right now).

If you want stuff recorded you'll have to make alternative arrangements I am afraid. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Linoud wrote: »
    Ya'll need to stand back, there's a churrnicane coming through!

Gonna spread word about the BB tournament and see if I can get a few people interested. It'd be nice to get some more faces in, it's been too long since I played properly myself, and if everyone is rusty, it gives newcomers a good chance to get in and enjoy themselves without getting hammered too badly and turned off, no? Give them a little taste. :P

I'm hoping getting hammered encourages me to get better instead of putting me off BB. :pac:
    The Hound wrote: »
    I'll be going and will bring MK9 for anyone who wants a few casuals of it just like last saturday casuals

I'll be there for the BB tournament but I'd be up for a few games after.

That is how I'd like alot of people to be, but unfortunately, not everyone is like that. :P

I guess some people just can't see the beauty in being kicked around. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

I just found out I cant make this, might be able to be in later at about 6 if people are still around. Still a long shot if I can make it or not

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Im almost certain I can go now. Get hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

I haven't missed a wheel yet so I should be there :)

Playing some Blazblue for the first time in months. I honestly can't remember a thing. Doesn't help that I've never played this with my stick. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Just pick Tager, he's ezy mode :P

Might not make it in. Going out on Friday. I'll do my best to bring the beesets though.

Tager makes my blood boil.
    All you Tager players should be ashamed of yourselfs. :p

He's not exactly one of my favourite match-ups, since I have to pound on him for so long without any mistakes, but ah well.

And you'll be all right, I can't even use a stick that well, and I'm a 360 Pad player, so the PS3 controller always feels weird for me to play on, on the day of the tournament. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Naphiel wrote: »
    Tager makes my blood boil.
    All you Tager players should be ashamed of yourselfs. :p
    All you have to do vs Tager is counterpick as Lambda and run away like a lil bitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

But how can she run? She has no ankles!!

If you are having trouble with tager play Voa a few times he feeds you counter tager advice as you play him its very helpful.
    If you know his traps it gets easier but voa will never tell you everything hes generous not stupid:).
    Also vyze dude come down for a wheel I havent played you since my first wheel were you perfected me in the 5v5 I would like to use you as a progress measure:D

• Advertisement

But Vyze, most players wish to think of themselves as Bang Shishigami, and don't run from anything like a little girl. :o

Seriously. Why don't we have a Bang player? It confounds me.

She has no ankles because Ragna and I broke em.

As far as i know Jarvy plays Bang when hes not on team Ragna :D

Speaking of Team Ragna, how many of us are actually left? Team Ragna needs souls. :o

If you are having trouble with tager play Voa a few times he feeds you counter tager advice as you play him its very helpful.
    If you know his traps it gets easier but voa will never tell you everything hes generous not stupid:).
    Also vyze dude come down for a wheel I havent played you since my first wheel were you perfected me in the 5v5 I would like to use you as a progress measure:D

I'll still do this but it's mainly how one mistake always results in TAGER DRIVER, and the loss of a third of your health bar.
    Vyze wrote: »
    All you have to do vs Tager is counterpick as Lambda and run away like a lil bitch!

I forgot that counterpicking is justified when playing Tager. :p
    Linoud wrote: »
    Speaking of Team Ragna, how many of us are actually left? Team Ragna needs souls. redface.gif

I'm torn between using Ragna or Lambda. I'd pick Rachel but I think I'll wait for CSII before I try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

I'm torn between using Ragna or Lambda. I'd pick Rachel but I think I'll wait for CSII before I try that.
    In CT and CS1 at least Lambda is totally easy mode. I haven't even looked up anything for CS2 so I dunno if she's much different other than needing a lot more dash-under in her combos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Dreddy gave me a head's up on Facebook about this.

If I'm in the city tomorrow I'll come in for casuals!

Vyze wrote: »
    In CT and CS1 at least Lambda is totally easy mode. I haven't even looked up anything for CS2 so I dunno if she's much different other than needing a lot more dash-under in her combos.

I know that Nu was really powerful in CT but I also thought that Lambda was fair enough.

Never been to XGC before. Just walk in and look for some people playing MvC3 or Blazblue? Or do you have to pay at the desk?

Never been to XGC before. Just walk in and look for some people playing MvC3 or Blazblue? Or do you have to pay at the desk?

Just walk up stairs you dont pay the guy at the door.
    You will see a few groups huddled around monitors and the words salty and hype used alot that will be us:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Dreddy gave me a head's up on Facebook about this.

If I'm in the city tomorrow I'll come in for casuals!

I'll be in around 1 or 2 pm. I'll have my fight stick, my xbox controller and MK. Forgot SSF4 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I know that Nu was really powerful in CT but I also thought that Lambda was fair enough.

The passphrase is : Do you want some free steak?

Advertisement