Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hype of Two Worlds 2 - XGC - 7/5/11 MVC3-BBCS

Options
  • 11-04-2011 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Time for some more Marvel and Blazblue!

I'll be running this "Hype".

Cost will be a €5 entry to the event and €5 for each tournament.

Provisionally, Marvel will be run on Xbox and Blazblue will be run on PS3.

The tournament format will be group stages into top 8/16 double elimination brackets.

I want to know how people feel about running the tournaments one after the other rather than at the same time, most likely with BBCS first. A few people mentioned it might cause some difficulty/effect their game play.

Registration will be from 12 onwards with the tournament in some form kicking off at 13.00.

All usual rules apply.

I'll update this when I get some feedback on which way to run it.

Marvel Seedings
    1. Gory
    2. Voa
    3. Dreddy
    4. Doom
    5. NoTagerMerlin, Bourke
    7. Speedboat, Xinkai
    9. Bush, Foamy, D.Onion

BB Seedings;
    1. Voa
    2. SadX
    3. Joe
    4. Linoud
    5. QMM
    6. Xinkai
    7. Batman
    8. Scavenger
    9. Holly
    10. D.Onion
    11. Orim
    12. Jarvy1

Run the tourneys simultaneously or one after the other? 2 votes

Yes, at the same time.
    0% 0 votes
    No, run them separate.
    100% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

I shan't be there for either, I fear... Exam on the day.

Also, for BBCS; the DLC characters are on 3 consoles in specific; 38,40,42 I believe, with Mu-12 missing off of 38, but the other two having all the characters.

Best of luck in running this, Speed ;)

Also, I have the BB and marvel seedings on spreadsheets if you want me to send them over to you to have access to prior tournament rankings.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

I'l only be playing Marvel and have no preference about running them together or separate.

Mega hyped for Marvel tho.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

XGC? aw...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Exams too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

No preference here either on the games running, I think it'd be faster doing both at the same time though.

Switching between games is something players just have to get used to at tournaments imo, but as I don't play BB I'm not pushed either way for this tournament.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

Might aswel play them at the same time all 8 of the Blazblue players wont cause a disturbance :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'll play both only if they're separate, otherwise I'll be devoting myself to MvC3.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Can some one throw this up on sf.ie when they get the chance?

Insert generic hype marvel sentence here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I recommend leaving it for this month, what with college exams and the evo tourney coming up, which should be getting full attention imo. Also if we leave it a month, then BBCS2 will be out too.

I'm up for it anyway, see ye there.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'll still be running it. It's not going to take anything away from the evo event.

If there's low turnout that's a pity but I'll run it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'll stick it up on the site later

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

I'l be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Doyler01 wrote: »
    I'l be there.

Lies.

*I was out last night / I'm sick / Woke up late*

This is saturday get hype!

Hope we see some new teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Might come down for some Marvel, BB will be lucky to have enough entrants for a tournament (8 at CXC2 and hardly anybody remembered WTF they were doing).

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

Yeah BB is suffering from alot of ring rust at the moment even the top american players are scratching their heads trying to remember what to do :pac:

Might come down for some Marvel, BB will be lucky to have enough entrants for a tournament (8 at CXC2 and hardly anybody remembered WTF they were doing).
    Myself and Joe had an amazing handful of matches where we were totally lost on what we were doing.

It was the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

I wouldnt mind, I'd be up for it I suppose, only for the BB though, since I dont own MVC to play it enough to enter. But it is doubtful there will be many/enough for BB these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MrLeonhart93

Hey, New to the fourms. I'll be there for the Blazblue Tourney. Looking forward to it =D

Get Hype!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Blazblue still going ahead? Count me in.

If ye need the numbers, I'll be happy to enter the best Tager in the land :P

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    If ye need the numbers, I'll be happy to enter the best Tager in the land :P

Take a number there, laddie. There's a queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Voa wrote: »
    Take a number there, laddie. There's a queue.

You too, get behind :p

Ya'll need to stand back, there's a churrnicane coming through!

Gonna spread word about the BB tournament and see if I can get a few people interested. It'd be nice to get some more faces in, it's been too long since I played properly myself, and if everyone is rusty, it gives newcomers a good chance to get in and enjoy themselves without getting hammered too badly and turned off, no? Give them a little taste. :P

I will practice BB properly til Saturday, my last showing was a joke. :P

If it was a joke, then you kicking my ass the first time we fought is very shameful. :P I best learn how to fight random tagers, no?

>_< Didn't mean to offend your own play, I just personally am capable of a slightly better standard of BB play than the last time.

Naw, it's fine. No offense taken! I wasnt playing great myself, might've been the people shouting behind us in the first match putting us off. Bad Xinkai! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Scorchio MK7

Won't be able to make it due to Prior Arrangements but while I'm here is there any chance of there being some MK at the event? Even just for some casual play?
    I know a few people who would be interested in going for that alone let alone MvC and CS.

Advertisement