Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regrets

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I regret the amount of warnings, infractions or bans I got on forums on boards (mainly here) for me being immature and hot headed. I should have hit the log out button and took a break from the computer for a few minutes.

I also regret alot of things I said to members of boards either on the forum/s or IRC because most of the stuff was out of order.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

unknown13 wrote: »
    I regret the amount of warnings, infractions or bans I got on forums on boards (mainly here) for me being immature and hot headed. I should have hit the log out button and took a break from the computer for a few minutes.

I also regret alot of things I said to members of boards either on the forum/s or IRC because most of the stuff was out of order.

I think I gave you most of those. :o Sorry about that...

To be fair, you've become one of the better posters on C&H over the last year. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

oKsGl.png

Regrets? What regrets? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

sup_dude wrote: »
    oKsGl.png

Regrets? What regrets? :cool:
    Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

One of the (hardest) lessons I've learned in life has been to forget regret and to live life. For too long I gave far too much regard and consideration for certain grievances etc which turned into a mountain of insuperable regret.

Life's far more positive having put behind what truly cant be changed and focusing on now, and the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I currently regret not planning to do something this summer. I'm stuck at home with no job and little to do, when I could be in America had I thought to arrange something.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

I find this hard to talk about, but I probably should... it can't be healthy to bottle up and mull over these feelings for so long, they might ferment.

I betrayed my best friend when we were in secondary school. I absolutely didn't mean to cause it to happen, but I did nothing to stop it. I hated myself deeply for it, and I particularly hated myself for not having the decency to talk to him about it; I was too ashamed of what had happened, and too scared of dealing with it in case I might make it even worse. We just ignored each other, and the sense of guilt and shame festered and built in me until the end of school. It consumed me, and it led me to doing more stupid things to myself and to others. We've since apologised to each other for what happened and for how we acted around one another... he insisted that it wasn't my fault, but I still really, really regret it. I've never managed to fully forgive myself, it shattered my self esteem and I'm still awkward and self-conscious around him whenever we hang out. I wish I wasn't - he told me that he just wants his old friend back, so there's no need for me to be so on edge. I messed up a great friendship. :(

I regret never saying "I love you" to someone very important to me, and not saying it enough to others, too.

I chose my college courses despite knowing they weren't right for me from the outset. I don't regret the courses themselves, Physics in particular was very interesting and I'm exceptionally glad to have met the friends I have now through it. What I regret is not being honest and assertive with my parents about my aspirations. My mum mightn't see any worth in what I want to do, and it was worth considering that, but I still should have stood up for myself more.

Sorry that this sounds so terribly glum! I suppose it's difficult to avoid that when you're talking about regrets. At least they shape your personality, and make you more appreciative of your opportunities and more mindful of responsibilities and repercussions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

^ Regards the whole friendship thing, one thing I've learned in the past year is that it's so much easier and healthier to forgive someone than to bear a grudge. And that still holds when the "someone" is yourself.

Hopefully you'll forgive yourself properly at some point. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 jnkoh89vy01uqt

I regret not goin out tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

I regret not trying to get with the French girl that's staying in the attic. :/ oh well......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

I regret getting into whiskey and other brown spirits, tomorrow morning wont be pretty.....

/First post in C&H in about a year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I regret never taking up ballet ...never really had the option but when I see it now its just so amazing and its not something you can take up as an adult as your body isn't conditioned for it.

I regret staying with an ex who cheated on me only for him to dump me later for one of his other bits on the side.Especially since I had gone on a two week girls holiday the month he dumped me and definietly would have kissed a certain lad there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I find this hard to talk about, but I probably should... it can't be healthy to bottle up and mull over these feelings for so long, they might ferment.

I betrayed my best friend when we were in secondary school. I absolutely didn't mean to cause it to happen, but I did nothing to stop it. I hated myself deeply for it, and I particularly hated myself for not having the decency to talk to him about it; I was too ashamed of what had happened, and too scared of dealing with it in case I might make it even worse. We just ignored each other, and the sense of guilt and shame festered and built in me until the end of school. It consumed me, and it led me to doing more stupid things to myself and to others. We've since apologised to each other for what happened and for how we acted around one another... he insisted that it wasn't my fault, but I still really, really regret it. I've never managed to fully forgive myself, it shattered my self esteem and I'm still awkward and self-conscious around him whenever we hang out. I wish I wasn't - he told me that he just wants his old friend back, so there's no need for me to be so on edge. I messed up a great friendship. :(

I regret never saying "I love you" to someone very important to me, and not saying it enough to others, too.

I chose my college courses despite knowing they weren't right for me from the outset. I don't regret the courses themselves, Physics in particular was very interesting and I'm exceptionally glad to have met the friends I have now through it. What I regret is not being honest and assertive with my parents about my aspirations. My mum mightn't see any worth in what I want to do, and it was worth considering that, but I still should have stood up for myself more.

Sorry that this sounds so terribly glum! I suppose it's difficult to avoid that when you're talking about regrets. At least they shape your personality, and make you more appreciative of your opportunities and more mindful of responsibilities and repercussions.

You know it's never too late Banjo. You can always change the course of things, you just have to take some risks!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Taylor21 wrote: »
    <snip>.
    I'll say this;that's an incredibly difficult decision to make and it's takes a certain kind of strength to make it and to say that on here.Only you can know if it was the right decision or not,

Advertisement