Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regrets

Options
  • 10-04-2011 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

So how about a thread about stuff we regret doing/not doing/say/etc.
    :)

I'll start the ball rolling

I regret..
    Cheating on my (now ex-)Boyfriend..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

I've had a few.

But then again, too few to mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Regrets are about as pointless as getting dressed up before having a shower, for the most part there's absolutely nothing to be done about them, and they just make people go a little crazy. Down with regrets, life is far too short.

I regret not going to bed a little sooner. Mhmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Bedauern? Man ist zu Jung fur Bedauern. Bedauern Sie nicht, und geniessen dein Leben.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I seriously regret not working hard enough throughout most of school and college. My results arent nearly as good as they should be and this might come to haunt me soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Regret not studying much for the JC. 6As is not enough.
    Regret saying certain things to certain people, but hey, that's in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Colm! wrote: »
    Regret not studying much for the JC. 6As is not enough.
    You're not serious, are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

jumpguy wrote: »
    You're not serious, are you?

It actually means something to some people, duuuude. It feels pretty suckish to know you didn't do the best you could. True story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Slow Show wrote: »
    Regrets are about as pointless as getting dressed up before having a shower, for the most part there's absolutely nothing to be done about them, and they just make people go a little crazy. Down with regrets, life is far too short.-

Life is depressing enough without dragging up bad memories...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

Not studying for my German orals tomorrow! The golf was too exciting :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

jumpguy wrote: »
    Bedauern? Man ist zu Jung fur Bedauern. Bedauern Sie nicht, und geniessen dein Leben.

Hahaha all these are cracking me up!

I've no idea what they say but I presume they're genius contemplations of how the mind works..

I regret not learning German..

Ich bin Noel.. Ich bin sad now.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I suppose I regret not working for my leaving cert and missing out on my dream course in Scotland, ending up doing arts and hating it, etc. etc.

BUT if I had of gone to Scotland me and my boyfriend more than likely wouldn't have lasted, I wouldn't have made some of the great friends I have now. At the end of the day if none of that had happened, I wouldn't be who I am now, and I think it's all made me stronger and taught me to appreciate doing what I really enjoy.

The one thing I don't regret, and never will and I can be sure of that is dropping out of college. Hands down one of the best decisions I've ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Deedeecupcake

There are things that I know I should regret, but i don't because I wouldn't be the person I am now.

One thing I do regret is not working hard enough in school. I can do good with no effort. JC results 1A 10B's...If only I'd studied a little more :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

The regrets I could have had have been turned on their head by good fortunes.

I don't regret not studying harder for my leaving cert because there was no more I could physically do. I was doing 4+ hours a day, which was enough. Messing up the LC has showed me that it is not the end of the World.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I only have a few minor regrets like not studying more or making an effort to be social etc.

That's not to say I haven't made some major fuck ups, I have, I just don't regret them because if they hadn't happened I wouldn't have gotten to know some great people and I'd probably be doing art in LIT or something random like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I seriously regret not working hard enough throughout most of school and college. My results arent nearly as good as they should be and this might come to haunt me soon enough.

Maaaaaaaaajor +1 on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I regret things as I'm doing them. For instance, the other day I was regretting not being arsed to get up while simultaneously trying to go back to sleep.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I regret the approach I've taken towards school since end of 5th/start of 6th year =/ Seriously biting me right back right now.

There's lots of things I regret not doing or saying or whatever, but life's too short for that. If it's in the past, it's in the past and there's no point dwelling on it. This is why I don't get or like history :P

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

I regret not doing an ounce of work last year and having to repeat the year. Then not going to my classes again this year making my exams so much harder than they should be. Plus, I said I was going to learn C# and I didn't and I'm actually scared of talking to the lecturer as he was so helpful and gave me all the notes and offered to look at any assignments or stuff I had coded. I feel like I let him down so badly. So I going to study my ass of for these exams and get started on coded. I'd say I'd have to be a coding genius to make up for what I didn't do but hopefully I'll have enough done to be able to do my project next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Eh, I don't really regret too much about my life. I like who I am in general, my belly's full, I'm safe and I'm warm. Anything I can still change, I can change. Anything I can't, it's done. I like to move on with things.

Should've gone to the Haunted Mansion in Disneyland...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Pretty much not working for the leaving cert. Oh and not kissing her >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

I regret not getting involved in college things over the last two years. I feel as if I've missed out on so much and so many friends I could have made and I know that it's all my own fault for being a loser. There were so many things I wanted to do but was too scared to go on my own or afraid people wouldn't like me so I did nothing both this year and last. So yeah, I regret all that big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

I think regrets are good in away, if you don't regret anything you either have never made a mistake or you didn't learn anything from the ones you did make.

I regret taking my Trinity offer. I think I would have enjoy the DCU course a hell of a lot more, it probably would have been harder but it also would have been more useful.

Most of the other things I regret are either really trivial or really personal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Not making more friends as a kid.
    Getting fat as a kid and always being slightly overweight as a result.
    Quitting Tae Kwon Do.
    Never learning a musical instrument properly.
    Being too much of a "goody two shoes" throughout my teenage years.
    Not getting 600 points in the Leaving, considering the amount of work I put into it and the fact that getting good results in school was pretty much the only thing I was ever good at.
    Turning into a terrible student at college.
    Getting beaten up and robbed due to my own bad judgement one night.
    Allowing myself to be used as a shoulder to cry on/emotional punchbag for people who never return the favour.

And most of all, allowing myself to become an incredibly negative, cynical and all-round unhappy person.

So yeah. I have a million and one things I regret in life. I guess I should add having so many regrets as a regret....

• Registered Users Posts: 28 code187.2010

Regrets are pretty pointless,we all have them but for the most part the events involved can't be changed so best to learn from them and move forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Unless you regret not learning French... :D

I went out with a friend a few nights ago, who I haven't really seen since we finished the LC last summer. Our only regret is not standing up to one or two of the teachers, who were absolute nutcases.

However, I'm due to go back for an award sometime this month or next. Would it be really bitter to go up to those two teachers, and tell them what I really think of them? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Quitting Tae Kwon Do.
    Not getting 600 points in the Leaving, considering the amount of work I put into it and the fact that getting good results in school was pretty much the only thing I was ever good at.
    Allowing myself to be used as a shoulder to cry on/emotional punchbag for people who never return the favour.

And most of all, allowing myself to become an incredibly negative, cynical and all-round unhappy person.

So yeah. I have a million and one things I regret in life. I guess I should add having so many regrets as a regret....

Amen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Quitting Tae Kwon Do.

+1 on a lot of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I regret leaving this essay til last minute :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

The only one I can think of right now is doing TY. I like where the extra year has left me (not going to college at 17, I like my class, all that), but it was the worst school year I had and I got separated from a lot of really good friends who didn't do it. I didn't think it would matter at the time but them leaving school a year ahead of me and almost finishing college now has grown us all apart.

Advertisement