Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 art leaving cert paper

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ChristinaIndigo

Have mine tomorrow, am doing the ITF poster... just wondering, what does it mean by "alphabet stencil"? It says we're allowed to use one..

A friend from another school has told me that you're allowed to bring in the letters you're going to use cut out on a white sheet... Is this correct?

If so, that'd be great. It's going to take me AGES to cut out my letters in the exam, so, if I was able to cut out a template beforehand, that'd make my life a tad bit easier...

Response appreciated asap, kind of starting to panic :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 catman103

Have mine tomorrow, am doing the ITF poster... just wondering, what does it mean by "alphabet stencil"? It says we're allowed to use one..

A friend from another school has told me that you're allowed to bring in the letters you're going to use cut out on a white sheet... Is this correct?

If so, that'd be great. It's going to take me AGES to cut out my letters in the exam, so, if I was able to cut out a template beforehand, that'd make my life a tad bit easier...

I think what they mean is a pre made stencil, simply bought. Even so, I'm not exactly sure, doing the lino cut myself so I don't know too much about the poster.

catman103 wrote: »
    I think what they mean is a pre made stencil, simply bought. Even so, I'm not exactly sure, doing the lino cut myself so I don't know too much about the poster.

Thanks for replying... :)

Just really hoping someone can suddenly log in now and say "YES! You can!" haha! Best of luck with your lino!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ronan13

yes! you can bring in a stencil of the writing you want to use cut out so you just have to trace it :) its handy it saves you so much time/.

ronan13 wrote: »
    yes! you can bring in a stencil of the writing you want to use cut out so you just have to trace it :) its handy it saves you so much time/.

Oh Thank you!!!!! :)

I have my letters for the word 'International' cut out of white paper. Hope I don't have to leave them on the sheet.... having them pre-cut just makes more sense.

There's nothing on them, they're just little white letters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Our teacher told us because it says "Alphabet Stencil" you have to do a stencil of the whole alphabet intead of just the letters you intend on doing. I left out a couple of letters on mine but i did most of them. Think I just left out f, w and z.

Bbbbolger wrote: »
    Our teacher told us because it says "Alphabet Stencil" you have to do a stencil of the whole alphabet intead of just the letters you intend on doing. I left out a couple of letters on mine but i did most of them. Think I just left out f, w and z.

oh god.... I'm rightly confused now :confused:

I've already spent ages cutting out the letters... :-/ Guess I'll just have to find out in the morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sligo.

well i assumed alphabet stencil meant that you'd have to do out the whole alphabet and then pick the letters on the day you need....but hey why would you bother when you dont need ALL the letters of the alphabet!! :L anyways what i did was freehand drew out my words onto card and cut out the inside and then i traced....saved me so much time :) do whatever is handy for you....at the end of the day if you make any kind of stencil you had to put the time into it anyways and you did work at it, good luck everyone ;)

Yeah, I just wrote out the whole alphabet in the style of lettering I was using. Wasn't a great help, I could have done it from memory anyway.

The exam was fairly rough though, rushed a lot of it. Just got behind schedule and had it took me longer than expected to do things that I would usually do a lot quicker.. Ah well, it's finished I supposed. Not to the standard I'd have liked, but, I have something to hand up that's acceptable :)

Tomorrow is my still life & life drawing.. Not happy about those passages at all! Can't think of anything :-/

Advertisement