Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 art leaving cert paper

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 EllyNiC

I was thinking for passage C for the still life just doing a bit of pottery?? :/ Do ye think that'd be okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭BillabongMad

Elly,
    That won't be enough. You should have some Organic and man-made objects in it, also avoid objects which have already been designed.
    You'll definitely need a cloth of some sort (to add dept to your still life) Some, relatively, tall object (like a glass bottle, etc), and several other objects that all vary in size and shape - You're aiming for and pyramid composition.

Oh no, really? Well I was thinking of using varied heights and widths alright and the material! But I can't think of any organic objects I could throw in? :(

Hrm, well it's a museum, so you can suspend some organic materials in a glass jar? Fill it up with water or something :)
    Might be a little grotesque but a heart in one would be flipping deadly ( not to mention cheap, I got a heart for 50cent from my local butcher :D)
    You can get an orchid as well and put it in - we're not just talking about a dusty history museum. You could put a jar on it's side with the opening facing you and some organic stuff in it (fruit, leaves, interesting stuff)

Hope that helped!

EDIT: OUHHHH bones! some bones! lol sorry...

Oh perfect!! :D Yeah I might try a few of those, they're super ideas!! Thanks so much for that! :pac:

• Advertisement

No problem, best of luck ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mfaos!

so let me get this straight i have to make a prep sheet for the design/craft. what about the imaginitive composition?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭snicket

Does anyone know if the words in your poster have to be in the right order?
    For "Contemporary Glass Exhibition" I'm making the word 'glass' look like its made out of glass and then just putting the other two words underneath it... do they really mind about that sort of thing?

And yeah the titles are awful this year.. so many words!

mfaos! as far as I know you only have to do a prep sheet for the craftwork :)

mfaos! wrote: »
    so let me get this straight i have to make a prep sheet for the design/craft. what about the imaginitive composition?

No prep sheet for the I.C.*
    snicket wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the words in your poster have to be in the right order?
    For "Contemporary Glass Exhibition" I'm making the word 'glass' look like its made out of glass and then just putting the other two words underneath it... do they really mind about that sort of thing?

And yeah the titles are awful this year.. so many words!

mfaos! as far as I know you only have to do a prep sheet for the craftwork :)

Erm, I'm not sure but tbh, if you're making a poster you'd make it so they can read it properly. Try keep them in order, you don't want to lose marks for something small like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SeosamhCipin

I'm thinking of doing the billboard design, for the horror film taken from passage B for the design. can anyone give me a few guide lines to follow please?! i don't want to over confuse it for myself. thanks guys! :)

• Advertisement

• lay-out
    • Text
    • Design
    • colour scheme
    :) Not sure if that is what you were looking for...

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FTS

Friggg. I think Ive done my poster wrong. Im doing a picture of someone from the Broadway play "wicked", and putting the "international theatre festival" on the top of the page and the "wicked" lettering smaller underneath. Crapppppppppppppp.

Not necessarily wrong, depends on how it looks. Doesn't sound bad from what you say considering that you could have the International bit as the main focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

What time does the craftwork finish tomorrow at?

... em, is it not next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

As far as I know the Central Examinations Commitee set aside 2 weeks in the year (this week and next week) for practical exams in all subjects. It's then up to your school to decide what day to place each exam so that there are no clashes with students doing two different practical subjects etc. I'm doing my craftwork on Friday for example. Some people are doing theirs on Tuesday but I have my Engineering practical that day so the school has us on a different day.

Vodkat wrote: »
    What time does the craftwork finish tomorrow at?

It's supposed to last 5 hours and it specifies you have to be there for half an hour before the exam (to get sheets signed by the superintendant). I'd expect it to last the whole school day as you'll need time to clean up afterewards too.

... em, is it not next week?

I thought everyone was doing it tomorrow, thats not very fair, some students getting a week longer to prepare????

Well we all got longer than usual this year. You used to only get 1 and a half weeks with the paper before the test I think. After the time we've had I dont think there can be many excuses. And realistically what more could you get done in the week that you couldn't do in the 3 weeks we've had?

Bbbbolger wrote: »
    Well we all got longer than usual this year. You used to only get 1 and a half weeks with the paper before the test I think. After the time we've had I dont think there can be many excuses. And realistically what more could you get done in the week that you couldn't do in the 3 weeks we've had?

Ive got everything I needed to get done, done! But my geography project has suffered, I could do with a free day tomorrow to improve that. Seeing as the deadline is Friday.

Ive everything packed and ready to go, Im only worried now about the prelim sheet, Its quite hard to do one for puppetry! Should I divide the page into 3 sections for the development of ideas?

• Advertisement

Well thats what I'm doing on my prelim. I'm doing poster though so I presume it's a bit easier. Yeah I just got my Geography done today. Managed to hide away in the back of double Music class and get it done there.

Bbbbolger wrote: »
    Well thats what I'm doing on my prelim. I'm doing poster though so I presume it's a bit easier. Yeah I just got my Geography done today. Managed to hide away in the back of double Music class and get it done there.

Okay thanks, Id say tomorrow night will be a late one trying to get it finished!! Anyway goodnight and thanks for your help!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sligo.

"Contemporary Glass Exhibition" is completed!!:D .....awh major sigh of relief now, i'm absolutely wrecked and have the other 2 exams tommorrow. i got the poster fully done so i'm very happy now, got 3 thumbnails done for prelim with a dash of colour on all of them with pencils. i worked until the very last minute for the poster!! i'm so tired so i'm going to go rest and possibly sleep :) :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Hogwarts

Finished my calligraphy piece today :p Text A. Didn't start for an hour though while I decided what the hell I was doing! Just worried that I focused on the actual painting of it too much...but my teacher did say it was 'gorgeous' and the examiner admired it at the end so who knows! :D
    Good luck to the rest of you when yours are... I also have the life sketching and imaginative to do tomorrow...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

Vodkat wrote: »
    Ive everything packed and ready to go, Im only worried now about the prelim sheet, Its quite hard to do one for puppetry! Should I divide the page into 3 sections for the development of ideas?

Its not too bad, really, if you've an idea what you want your puppet to look like! :)

What I did for my mock was draw the puppet head from the side, and a full figure facing front. You don't have all the time in the world, so I wouldn't worry about drawing it as many times as you can fit on the page! Just get something decent down. As we're always told - quality over quantity.

And best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ronan13

hi! so my poster design is fairly simple, but since its ''contemporary'' thats the kind of style im going for. it doesnt really show much drawing skills but it is an interesting design (i think so anyway!). does anyone know if they dock marks for lack of good drawing on this or will they ''get'' thats its meant to be that way?? thanks for any help!!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

ronan13 wrote: »
    hi! so my poster design is fairly simple, but since its ''contemporary'' thats the kind of style im going for. it doesnt really show much drawing skills but it is an interesting design (i think so anyway!). does anyone know if they dock marks for lack of good drawing on this or will they ''get'' thats its meant to be that way?? thanks for any help!!

http://examinations.ie/archive/markingschemes/2010/LC014AL011EV.pdf
    Here's the marking scheme for craftwork.
    You'll find the marks for the poster down a few pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

Totally panicked about the Still Life - I can't come up with anything remotely interesting that I'd be able to do justice in 2 1/2 hours. Would a bunch of flowers inspired by 'in summer it is full of wild flowers and grasses such as the yellow hawksweeds, purple mints and tall fescues' suffice or are they looking for more than that?

what.to.do wrote: »
    http://examinations.ie/archive/markingschemes/2010/LC014AL011EV.pdf
    Here's the marking scheme for craftwork.
    You'll find the marks for the poster down a few pages.

Thanks for that! it doesnt specifically say that the images have to be of a realistic style so hopefully it will be ok :) im going for a 3D poster so i hope it works out

• Advertisement

Meller wrote: »
    Totally panicked about the Still Life - I can't come up with anything remotely interesting that I'd be able to do justice in 2 1/2 hours. Would a bunch of flowers inspired by 'in summer it is full of wild flowers and grasses such as the yellow hawksweeds, purple mints and tall fescues' suffice or are they looking for more than that?

it doesnt have to be directly from the passage, just related to it... im doing a lantern and some pottery from passage C. also its the skill you have in being able to draw the object. try it up really close or from some unusual angle.! hope that helped:)

Advertisement