Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queen's Visit to Cashel

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

LetFly wrote: »
    There has been a lot of people out giving their free time to work with the tidy towns committee in cashel. All completely voluntary. I passed through the town this morning, as I do every morning and it was a hive of activity with people painting, weeding flower beds etc.

I do too - Main St. and Friar St. usually and I can honestly say I have seen no such activity at all along those streets. I've seen no planting, painting or weeding. They are as bare and as plain as ever.
    IMO your derogatory comments previously were an insult to those volunteers and the community, and something that I would not expect from a moderator of the Tipperary forum.

You are as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. I do not think that Cashel looks substantially different now from how it did a few weeks ago. Sorry about that, but it's how I see it. Perhaps instead of getting offended, you could take the comments on board and ask for suggestions and the impressions of others. You could also name specific things that have been done as well as streets that have received particular attention. You know, just to show me that I'm wrong. I would be DELIGHTED to be wrong here, believe me!
    I for one am proud of the fact that Co. Tipperary and Cashel and Coolmore in particular have been selected to host such a prestigious occasion and would like to commend everyone involved in making it happen and all the volunteers that have been out working hard and giving their free time for their community.

Yes, anyone who has volunteered and put in hard work should be commended alright. Absolutely no argument from me there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Dalmation 1

I`ve just come back from Cashel, must say there are people out sweeping footpaths, planting flowers, even the local council are emptying bins, it a hive of activity. Don`t forget she won`t see the town her route to the Rock is direct, and the one street she will pass through is looking quite clean to me.5736702305_3846db2485_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭LetFly

Yes Dalmation,

I have seen exactly what you saw every morning this week as I passed through the town and again in the evenings. So say that there is no effort being put in is just not true.
    As I drove down main street at 8am this morning there was at least 3 different ladders up at various places with lads painting shop-fronts, the council workers were out sweeping footpaths (as they are most mornings of the year I might add) and the mechanical sweeper was doing its daily rounds.
    Cashel will be looking very nice for the visit even though the Queen is not going near the town centre at all. A big effort is being put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

What time is she visiting Cashel and Coolmore stud tomorrow?

No sure KittyKat, but I heard she'll be in and out of Cashel before noon.

• Advertisement

Did anyone see the queen? I watched a bit of it on TV. I thought she looked at little uncomfortable at times - maybe she found it a little windy or something on the Rock. I hear some of the kids in the choir were a little miffed that she didn't wait for the end of their song before walking off.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

jett wrote: »
    I have often wondered what the "Royals" idea of the world is.
    She never sees the real thing, only Police, Barriers and selected people.
    Shame really because she is probably a nice enough person.

yes, its a very false and sterile existence, kinda sad really:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭qwytre

Kashel??? Gotta love CNN...

captureygp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Tremelo wrote: »
    Did anyone see the queen? I watched a bit of it on TV. I thought she looked at little uncomfortable at times - maybe she found it a little windy or something on the Rock. I hear some of the kids in the choir were a little miffed that she didn't wait for the end of their song before walking off.

I thought she looked like she would rather be anywhere else,but with the travel and different places she has been in the last three days',its not surprising.I saw her walk off during the choir singing,and thought it was not nice,but again she was probably told to move along.

DT100 wrote: »
    I thought she looked like she would rather be anywhere else,but with the travel and different places she has been in the last three days',its not surprising.I saw her walk off during the choir singing,and thought it was not nice,but again she was probably told to move along.

Probably. You'd have to admire her stamina in fairness for a woman her age. She has enormous energy - and so, for that matter, does her 90-year-old husband. Astonishing really. I suppose there are plenty of castles similar to the Rock in the UK, so it's not like something she's never seen before. I think Newgrange and the Skelligs are more uniquely Irish, but the Rock cuts a fine shape all the same :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

I was listening to Tipp Fm this morning,and heard a Martin Brown.I was wondering if he was the same guy who was opposed to the visit a couple of week's ago.Martin Brown is the Mayor?

I believe he is. I read in the paper that he was initially opposed to the visit, but ultimately accepted that it was the popular will of the citizenry that the queen be made welcome, and so changed his view to reflect this, as a representative of the people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I believe he is. I read in the paper that he was initially opposed to the visit, but ultimately accepted that it was the popular will of the citizenry that the queen be made welcome, and so changed his view to reflect this, as a representative of the people.
    He even shook hands with her I hear,his shinner mates wont like that I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

DT100 wrote: »
    ......... heard a Martin Brown.I was wondering if he was the same guy who was opposed to the visit a couple of week's ago.Martin Brown is the Mayor?

Michael Brown is the Mayor of Cashel not Martin!!!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Are ye sure he met her,i thought he said he was ill which i think he is genuinaly not well and that it was just Brendan Howlin who greeted her,i may be wrong here.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭CúilChip

tipptom wrote: »
    Are ye sure he met her,i thought he said he was ill which i think he is genuinaly not well and that it was just Brendan Howlin who greeted her,i may be wrong here.

Yes he did meet her, check out all the articles written about it. I have seen it mentioned on canadian australian and spanish newspaper websites.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

yes, they gave her the two fingers and started to sing rebel songs

Advertisement