Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morrison & melina's backstage heat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭*tripsi*

drayme wrote: »
    Candido 2.0

Yep not like Keller and Sean Waltman havent been friends for 20 years. Yeah Wade must of made it up out of the blue. :rolleyes:

How so? Neither of them have told lies in the past. London is a pretty straight shooter in a couldnt give a monkeys nothing left to lose type way. Paul even said he liked Morrison but he is completely spineless.

As other people have pointed out it was known prior to that shoot interview.

Ive seen some stuff from London before and hear he's a bit of a messer. Nobody tells the truth all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Sure wasn't Sunny apparently passed around the locker back in the day, just for whatever drugs her and her fella were hooked on at the time. Pretty sure their is a couple of others that are on the same lines as well so its not exactly the biggest shocker ever.

Reminded me of HBK saying on screen that Bret Hart had bee enjoying some Sunny days :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Reminded me of HBK saying on screen that Bret Hart had bee enjoying some Sunny days :pac:

Yup, and then it turns out HBK was actually the one banging her at the time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Why melina anyways? She's rank imo. And JoMo's always been a right mong in my eyes.

...... Kelly Kelly ftw (WHERE DA PEDO'S @?) :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I remember reading similiar stories of Lita's stint in ECW....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I remember reading similiar stories of Lita's stint in ECW....

Go on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Xinkai wrote: »
    Why melina anyways? She's rank imo.

I love the internet!

gimmick wrote: »
    I love the internet!

The quality of Boardsie girlfriends must be incredibly high given some of the posts here!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Go on...

Don't think I can without breaching ToS. :pac: I'd imagine anyway.

I just remember reading in one or two places that during her time in ECW, she was...."passed around", shall we say, and not just for the most obvious things....though one can easily shoot back with a "Don't believe everything you hear" comment....
    The quality of Boardsie girlfriends must be incredibly high given some of the posts here!

Internet standards ftw :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Go on...

Not on a family oriented message board.;) Let's just say if the rumors are true you will be completely sick and wonder how stupid [or desperate] Matt Hardy was to nearly marry that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

cant be that bad, spill it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

partyndbs wrote: »
    cant be that bad, spill it

That's scarily close to what she said

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

Puncture repair kit on standby, sir.

Speaking of all of this, WWE really should push Morrison as a heel. The best characters are extensions of your own personality and he basically he is a handsome, príck. So that should be his character, much like the early Heartbreak Kid character Shawn Michaels played. And it worked given how big a tool HBK really was (and probably still is).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭Riddle101

In regards to the John Morrison allowing Melina to sleep with Batista. Apparently Vince McMahon himself called Morrison a pussy for not standing up to Batista. Don't know how true that would be but I read it on another forum.

Anyway I don't believe the rumors about Morrison and Melina having backstage heat. As someone already said, Melina is a heel and it would not have made sence for Melina to be in the match on the face side, unless they were going to turn Melina face again. But I'd expect something like that from TNA, not WWE.

However watching the match at Mania, it does make me wonder why Morrison had very little action in the match. All I saw from him was the spot where he jumped over the top rope or something. I don't even think he got tagged.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

From Observer, Torch, PWInsider
    - Former WWE creative team member John Piermarini stated in a blog post earlier this year that Vince McMahon believes John Morrison “can’t kick anyone’s ass in a real fight” and therefore won’t achieve the success many feel he’s destined for. That’s not the only criticism being levied towards “The Prince of Parkour” as many people within WWE feel he comes off as if he’s performing in his matches, as opposed to fighting. This holds him back, as does his relationship with Melina and the belief that his promo ability is subpar.

Character aside, it’s been said that McMahon doesn’t respect Morrison. Years ago, he allowed Melina to engage in a sexual relationship with former WWE talent Dave Bautista (a/k/a Batista) while the two were dating. Morrison opted to be professional instead of confrontational and therefore lost brownie points with the WWE CEO. For some reason or another, Vince has always been a fan of confrontations. Of course, WWE management feels differently.

Trish Stratus appeared on Sirius XM Radio’s Busted Open on Friday and politely buried Morrison by indicating that he wasn’t too smart in his decision making with her. She confirmed online reports that he wasn’t interested in listening to her suggestions for their performance at WrestleMania, and that when she went to hug him during the post-match celebration, he cold-shouldered her. The feeling is that his unprofessional behavior will set him and Melina back politically since Stratus is highly regarded amongst company personnel. The anger Morrison showed towards Stratus stemmed from the fact that he wanted Melina in the match with he & Snooki, not Trish.

Assuming this is true of course.....
    So Melina bangs Batista -- and Morrison opts to be professional (i.e. what's best for Melina's career) and McMahon disapproves.

Now Melina is left out of Mania and Morrison opts to be unprofessional (i.e. thinking with his heart and not head) and McMahon disapproves.

He's fúcked either way.

It sounds like just an excuse to bury Morrison for not playing politiks the 'right way'. Yeah, what a pussy that he's more concerned about his woman than his own career. He should take after Austin and many others with multiple failed marriages and getting arrested for spousal abuse or say Jake Roberts, with estranged children...:mad: He's not showing that ruthless aggression in the confines of a neatly choreographed 5 minute segment every week....considering he'd be punished if he stuck a pinky-toe out of the script.

This shít about "he can't kick anyone's ass in a real fight" -- and The Miz can - The WWE Champion? Could Batista? Could Khali? Could Mysterio? All former world champions.

Also this "performance" as opposed to a fight -- that 'fight' thinking generally went out the door with Hart and Austin. Shawn Michaels is more a performer than wrestler - even mentioned in a promo 2 weeks ago by Hunter. But it's only a problem if you're John Morrison.

These are all excuses to not push Morrison. With his backstage standing, he's damned if you do, damned if you don't.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    This shít about "he can't kick anyone's ass in a real fight" -- and The Miz can - The WWE Champion? Could Batista? Could Khali? Could Mysterio? All former world champions.

You realise how short Khali and Rey's reigns were right? In Rey's case how non-credible he was treated as Champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Vince probably wanted to use Morrison's real life feud with Batista (if it had happened) over Melina as a storyline (remember Edge/Lita/Matt)

It sounds like Morrison pimped Melina out maybe he needs a new gimmick change The Prince of Parkour to Paywhore :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

jaykhunter wrote: »

AFAIK, Khali was a cop for a while... so probably.

drayme wrote: »
    You realise how short Khali and Rey's reigns were right? In Rey's case how non-credible he was treated as Champ.

Of course I do. They were not only considered for World title reigns, but got them. I'm showcasing the disparity between their fortune and Morrison's situation. That the excuse that Morrison couldn't kick anyone's ass is a bullshít reason.
    geeky wrote: »
    AFAIK, Khali was a cop for a while... so probably.

Ha, that's cool. I'd love to see that! Seeing how awkwardly mobile he is, I'd take my chances with Khali over Bob Holly lol

The point of my post was to show that all of these "reasons" for pushing Morrison are just bullshít excuses (Legitimate Hard man, Professionalism/lack of etc) that don't apply to anyone else.

and lol, moist bread is an awesome name :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kinda OT but I thought Morrison seems a lot more comfortable on the mic this week on Raw and was pretty over with the crowd

If Morrison were on Smackdown, he'd probably get the WHC. It is just more difficult to get the WWE title. Rey never won or will never win the WWE Title. Ditto Khali.
    Originally Posted by jaykhunter

Assuming this is true of course.....
    So Melina bangs Batista -- and Morrison opts to be professional (i.e. what's best for Melina's career) and McMahon disapproves.

Now Melina is left out of Mania and Morrison opts to be unprofessional (i.e. thinking with his heart and not head) and McMahon disapproves.

He's fúcked either way.

As for Vince's disapproval, he is pretty old school. The first incident saw Morrison letting somebody else bone his GF without him doing anything. Vince likes guys that stand up for themselves in the way Booker T did with Batista. Do you think Taker would sit back and let Batista bang Michelle McCool? What'll he do when he catches me with her? :pac:

The difference with that and Mania is that standing up to Batista backstage would not have harmed WWE TV. But giving Trish the cold shoulder and having a crap match does harm WWE TV. Fair enough, others have done that down through the years and got away with it, but JoMo is not helping himself given that he has a rep as a bítch. Doing what he did at Mania is a little bítchy and furthers the idea that he is not a "real man" in Vince's eyes.

The thing about his style not being believable is something that I agree with. However, that hardly holds back other wrestlers who perform entirely unbelievable moves. Very few wrestlers work nowadays in a style that looks like they are in a genuine fight.

the strange world of backstage politics

partyndbs wrote: »
    the strange world of backstage politics

Yeah, wrestling's awesome. It must be the only show that's just as interesting what happens backstage as does on-screen. A mix of every type of entertainment.....just fantastic stuff as a medium.

why do they care about morrisons private life? if he wants a casual relationship then they can all **** off nothing to do with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Morrison just comes across as a pussy(for the lack of a better word!)to me!
    The majority of the stuff he does in the ring,while spectacular,just isnt believable and his promo's just sound overly rehearsed and terribly forced.

All the other people mentioned have saving graces to make up for a lack of believability
    (Miz-Promo's,Khali-Size-Batista-The right look)but Jomo has none imo.Can't ever see him being more then a glorified mid-carder.

6c08c_the-miz-getty-300.jpg

I like the Miz, but I reckon most of the locker-room would batter him. He might come across as confident, but intimidating he is not. He's more of the Biff Tannen type comedic heel.

I'm fine (and agree) with people saying "Morrison's promos are awful" or "his character doesn't connect with the audience" as a reason he hasn't gone farther. I just think the touted 'reasons' are bullshít. Being a backstage pariah is acceptable although unfortunate. I guess if he didn't look like a retard for missing 90% of his Starship pain attempts (and WWE got the move over) then being a 'performer' rather than a fighter wouldn't be a problem.

Morrison is paying for a combination of flaws though. Not being believable is acceptable if you have other redeeming features. As is being a knob backstage, HBK got away with it by being awesome. Randy Orton gets away with it because he is an Orton and is over with the crowd (much more so as a heel).

But Morrison is seen as a bit of a pussy, has a lack of believability in his actions and his poor on the mic. He has an awesome look and could do some great spots, he has all the tools but sadly seems to be a tool himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Morrison and Melina at 0.35 sec...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJgg2lLCKP4

Advertisement