Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morrison & melina's backstage heat

Options
  • 07-04-2011 4:11pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭

There is backstage heat on both John Morrison and Melina, reports Pro Wrestling Torch. It centers around the Six-Person Mixed Tag Team Match at Wrestlemania XXVII, which saw Morrison repeatedly brush partner Trish Stratus off.

During their post-match celebration, Stratus hugged Snooki and went to hug Morrison, but he had already turned his back on her. Morrison then led Snooki to the corner of the ring and used the Jersey Shore star as a shield, to guard himself from Stratus.

The backstory behind Morrison's awkward body language is that either he or Melina, his girlfriend, felt Stratus took her spot in the Six-Person Mixed Tag Team Match at Wrestlemania XXVII. The backstage belief is that he either holds Stratus in contempt for taking Melina's spot on the card, or had to portray himself as such so that she would believe he was anything but rude to her.

Behind the scenes, Morrison rejected various ideas Stratus had for their match at WrestleMania XXVII, and was said to be very difficult to work with. His outright refusal to comply with any of her suggestions reportedly hurt her feelings. Word quickly spread amongst the locker room, garnering heat.

Many feel Morrison's unprofessional behavior will set back his standing in WWE since Stratus is highly regarded amongst company personnel.

While Morrison is considered a nice guy, he's not greatly respected amongst his peers. This dates back several years due to his real-life relationship with Melina. Particularly, he lost a lot of respect for allowing Melina to engage in a sexual relationship with former WWE talent Dave Bautista (a/k/a Batista) while the two were dating. The former WWE Champion made no qualms of being intimately involved with Melina in his 2007 autobiography, Batista Unleashed. He wrote:

"My wife thought I was sleeping with Melina right off the bat, while we were still married. It wasn't true, but it did make me feel guilty about being friends with her.

"Since then, as I've said, Melina and I have gotten closer and our relationship has become physical. That's caused a bit of controversy, but I don't give a ****. She's my friend, and I love her very much."

Former WWE stars Paul London and Brian Kendrick alleged numerous behind the scenes stories involving Melina and Morrison in their 2010 "shoot" interview, Brian Kendrick & Paul London's Excellent Adventure. London stated that Morrison is 'spineless' because he repeatedly permitted Melina to engage in sexual activity with outside partners while the two were dating. He added that Morrison would accompany Melina on dates with her partner of choice. Kendrick also claimed that he himself had been intimate with Melina.

http://nodq.com/wwe/304153438.shtml

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Morrison should grow a pair and realise he could probably pull a better girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

wtf is up with jomo - i think melina could be for axe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

thats a weird story. did jomo get any action on the side either? surely. i mean, come on, look at those abs for god's sake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Particularly, he lost a lot of respect for allowing Melina to engage in a sexual relationship with former WWE talent Dave Bautista (a/k/a Batista) while the two were dating.

What???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

the other thread isnt for chat just news so given the quick reaction posts to the post in the new OP heres a new thread.

Wouldent be surprised if Melina got future endevoured this year in a move that would also test Morrison before they decide to put him in the main event picture

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Former WWE stars Paul London and Brian Kendrick alleged numerous behind the scenes stories involving Melina and Morrison in their 2010 "shoot" interview, Brian Kendrick & Paul London's Excellent Adventure. London stated that Morrison is 'spineless' because he repeatedly permitted Melina to engage in sexual activity with outside partners while the two were dating. He added that Morrison would accompany Melina on dates with her partner of choice. Kendrick also claimed that he himself had been intimate with Melina.

:eek:

I didnt know they were back dating again but their relationhip sounds like is an open one too open in fact

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

This story if it is true and I doubt it is as I haven't seen anything in the Torch smells like bull****.

Firstly Melina is currently heel and its widely regarded that Kelly Kelly would have probably been in that match if Trish could not take part. She has been pushed quite hard recently while Melina has been buried.

You could also say Eve the diva's champ would have probably been next in line after Kelly.

I don't believe that Melina with her position in the company so low would have ever seriously thought she had a chance of been in this match and if she did she is totally deluded.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

At a guess I would say that Morrison turned a blind eye to Melina sleeping with Batista because at the time of the incident, Batista was very close to the top power players in WWE such as HHH/Ric Flair and Morrison obviously felt his job would be in jeopardy if he confronted Batista face-to-face.

And on a side note, I thought Trish 'stole' her Wrestlemania spot from Kelly Kelly, not Melina. Kelly Kelly looked about to start a feud with Vickie, but then Trish re-joined the roster IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭barura

Get around get around, I get around, get around get around, I get around, I get arouuuuuuuuund. :D

Unfortunate for JoMo, the guy could EASILY get some other chick. Wonder what Mick Foley will have to say about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Melina seems to be a heat magnet and when Morrison associates himself with her he seems to get it as well. He won't be released but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Melina is wished well in her future endeavours at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TheBantam

Rather smash Trish any day of the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭*tripsi*

Sounds like total rubbish to me. This is just the Dirtsheets reading into things. And I wouln't be inclined to believe London or Kendric either :rolleyes: and IMO Melina's a better wrestler than Trish. :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As I said in the other topic, some people seem to get off on the whole "Girlfriend being with another dude" thing. Maybe he just has a fetish for it? It's not like Morrison couldn't have any other girl he wants....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

As I said in the other topic, some people seem to get off on the whole "Girlfriend being with another dude" thing. Maybe he just has a fetish for it? It's not like Morrison couldn't have any other girl he wants....

Te above story suggest people in WWE lost respect for Morrison when he allowed it to happen. Is it anyway surprising, that people would lose respect for Jo Mo in that situation? No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

If this were TNA or the attitude era, you could have a cool "open relationship" angle :pac: Think HHH/Angle/Steph just weirder!

If this were TNA or the attitude era, you could have a cool "open relationship" angle :pac: Think HHH/Angle/Steph just weirder!

I actually wouldn't be surprised if the current TNA angle involving Jarrett/Angle/Karen took another twist with Karen turning heel on Jarrett and going back to Kurt!

Regarding people losing respect for Morrison though, I lost more respect for Batista for openly sleeping with a co-workers girlfriend. That translates as Batista = D!ckhead in my dictionary.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Charisteas wrote: »

Regarding people losing respect for Morrison though, I lost more respect for Batista for openly sleeping with a co-workers girlfriend. That translates as Batista = D!ckhead in my dictionary.

Thats true - But I think in wrestling, from the stories we have all read and heard, the locker room would see Morrison as weak for "allowing" it to happen. He would be expected to break Batistas Jaw rather than accept what was going down (if it did go down as reported).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Charisteas wrote: »

Hasn't things like this happened numerous times in Wrestling. I don't believe the Morrison going on double date parts but I think he has taken her back many times over the years.She has a very high opinion of herself I imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Morrison sounds like such a little b*tch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭CoolHat

Morrison is a lil b*tch then.

no man (keyword being man) would knowingly allow and have no issue with his girlfriend or wife to sleep with another man.

No wonder guys in wwe lost respect for him. I have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

I always took it that Jo-Mo doesn't really give 2 f*cks about Melina.

Maybe he actually genuinely doesn't give a damn who she sleeps with and this pisses her off even more as she obviously is crazy for the bloke, she talks about him constantly.

Funny, I actually thought watching the match, that Melina is probably jealous as hell watching him with big name diva like Trish. Morrison strikes me as a pretty passive bloke who doesn't give a **** either way and can probably have whoever he wants.

Melina obviously has a very high opinion of herself, and is quite easy by all accounts, the story of the sexual relationship with Batista was well known before Kendrick and London opened their mouths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Candido 2.0
    *tripsi* wrote: »
    Sounds like total rubbish to me. This is just the Dirtsheets reading into things.

Yep not like Keller and Sean Waltman havent been friends for 20 years. Yeah Wade must of made it up out of the blue. :rolleyes:
    *tripsi* wrote: »
    And I wouln't be inclined to believe London or Kendrick

How so? Neither of them have told lies in the past. London is a pretty straight shooter in a couldnt give a monkeys nothing left to lose type way. Paul even said he liked Morrison but he is completely spineless.

As other people have pointed out it was known prior to that shoot interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

I dont recall Kendrick saying he has gone anywhere with Melina he is in pretty serious and long term relationship apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

GTR63 wrote: »
    Hasn't things like this happened numerous times in Wrestling.

Sure wasn't Sunny apparently passed around the locker back in the day, just for whatever drugs her and her fella were hooked on at the time. Pretty sure their is a couple of others that are on the same lines as well so its not exactly the biggest shocker ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Trish Stratus on John Morrison snubbing her at Wrestlemania: "I got a bit of cold shoulder action, correct. John Morrison himself is amazing. He’s a great athlete. I was really looking forward to working with him. I thought it would be cool if we could do some stuff together. He didn’t think it would be that cool. It happens.

"Hey whatever. It happens. You know he’s into his thing and just didn’t think that I should part of his thing I guess, but I still admire him as an athlete, as a performer. I think he does a great job out there. Cold shoulder? Yeah I felt it. I was shunned. Some people are not smart maybe? You know they wrestle well, but maybe they’re not smart. I don’t know.”

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article10017880.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

I thought Morrison and Melina broke up for a while then she got with Dave, was the story actually she was still with him but she was going off with Big D and he knew about it :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

CMpunked wrote: »

Maybe Trish was the first person to turn down Melina,the thought is just..well You know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Isnt Batista Married ???

Morrison seems like a bit of a bitch TBH!

• Advertisement

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    Isnt Batista Married ???

Yeah he was married when he hooked up with Melina, he talks about that in his book. Not sure if he is still married today though.

Advertisement